Thread: new feral tank

new feral tank

I'm new to bear tanking, please help

is it worth specing into IW?

does naturalist and mss stack?

how often is swipe used outside of aoe tanking since i hear it does more damage than lacerate?

thanks guys

Re: new feral tank

Quote Originally Posted by biggles
    I'm new to bear tanking, please help
    how often is swipe used outside of aoe tanking since i hear it does more damage than lacerate?
    thanks guys
    1) Go to official forums and read sticky threads
    2) Use search button on mmo-champion
    3) ???
    4) PROFIT

I don't like "I'm new and very lazy, you have to help me" threads.

Well, ok... For the last time...

1) What is "IW? Infected Wounds? If you raid in big group its not that important, but you really HAVE to take it for 5 ppl and some 10 ppl raids.
    2) And wtf is "MSS"? Don't make my work harder, please. If you are talking about Master Shapeshifter then yes, they stack, why not?
    3) You've just answered your question. When you have mangle debaff and 5 stacks lacerate then you can press swipe button few times.

15+ Year Old Account

When your under geared its a cheap way of reducing the damage you take. When your geared enough drop it and put the points into better talents.

Yup, nice threat talents.

When there's more than 2 mobs you should be spamming it whenever mangle is on cool down. Tab through your targets and try to keep a lacerate on a couple of close mobs to amp up your maul damage. I don't think you really need a 5 stack lacerate on any targets. When your AoE tanking you should be trying to keep equal threat on all your targets so your AoE'ers can do their job. If your targets have a lot of health you'll be able to get your stacks up.

Just remember there is no right and wrong when it comes to tanking. You got to figure things out for yourself. Work out what talents and tanking style works well for you.

15+ Year Old Account

swipe pwns evne on single target tanking its used all the time so the +30% dmg talent its highly reconmended :P

basily single target its something like

mangle -> lacerate -> lacerate -> mangle -> lacerate -> lacerate -> mangle -> lacerate -> swipe

and then

mangle -> swipe -> swipe -> mangle -> swipe -> lacerate and rotate it

so u keep your 5 stacks of lacarate and your use mangle when ever its off cooldown but the other 3 spare attacks u cna use will be swipe

and ofc use mangle everytimes its posable i persnoaly got it macro's in my 3 other moves ;P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist65535

When your under geared its a cheap way of reducing the damage you take. When your geared enough drop it and put the points into better talents.
    I completely disagree. 20% reduced attack speed is 20% reduced damage. there could be dk's or warriors nearby thunderclapping but it's not likely to be happening every fight. Reducing the damage you take is precisely what you want to do as a tank. When you get geared enough and you have threat problems then consider regemming your gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I completely disagree. 20% reduced attack speed is 20% reduced damage. there could be dk's or warriors nearby thunderclapping but it's not likely to be happening every fight. Reducing the damage you take is precisely what you want to do as a tank. When you get geared enough and you have threat problems then consider regemming your gear.
    When your geared you wont need it on fights where you don't have another class to apply a similar debuff (like 5 and 10 mans) on fights that matter you should have another class there to put on a similar debuff.

HAHAHA, lol
    U rolled the wrong class!!!, druid tanks are the most patetic tanks in the wow now, if u wanna be pro go roll an warrior DK or a paladin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    swipe pwns evne on single target tanking its used all the time so the +30% dmg talent its highly reconmended :P

basily single target its something like

mangle -> lacerate -> lacerate -> mangle -> lacerate -> lacerate -> mangle -> lacerate -> swipe

and then

mangle -> swipe -> swipe -> mangle -> swipe -> lacerate and rotate it

so u keep your 5 stacks of lacarate and your use mangle when ever its off cooldown but the other 3 spare attacks u cna use will be swipe

and ofc use mangle everytimes its posable i persnoaly got it macro's in my 3 other moves ;P
    I can tell ur a fail tank, ur rotation is for TBC

nowaday u follow this rotation

0)Re-pop ur bear form before pull (only if u dont have rage)
    1)Assume u only got 10 Rage, so maul some shit right away.
    2) assume you dps not dumb, u got aggro for 2sec, so you got hit + Dodge, now you got enough Rage
    3)you can swipe or dem-rawr, (forgot how to spell),swipe 2 time at least ,now u got aggro on all the addons, even with ur dumb dps doing AOE.
    4) now you can follow the rule, use mangle whenever is up, keep using maul, lacerate when you got a lot of Rage, refresh your lacerate only when it's almost out. And keep Swiping also!

This way your DPS is MAX as a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kallevalle
    HAHAHA, lol
    U rolled the wrong class!!!, druid tanks are the most patetic tanks in the wow now, if u wanna be pro go roll an warrior DK or a paladin!!
    NO dude, warrior now is the most patetic. Druid is the best 25men raid boss tank because of the huge HP pool

OH wait correction! patch is tomorrow, NVM!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by luren
    NO dude, warrior now is the most patetic. Druid is the best 25men raid boss tank because of the huge HP pool

OH wait correction! patch is tomorrow, NVM!
    Druid hp nerf is minimal.

Minimal?

Sure losing 3k health is sure minimal :

From around 26k do 23k hp in my lousy gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kallevalle
    HAHAHA, lol
    FotM ppl are fail.
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Quote Originally Posted by luren
    I can tell ur a fail tank, ur rotation is for TBC

nowaday u follow this rotation

0)Re-pop ur bear form before pull (only if u dont have rage)
    1)Assume u only got 10 Rage, so maul some shit right away.
    2) assume you dps not dumb, u got aggro for 2sec, so you got hit + Dodge, now you got enough Rage
    3)you can swipe or dem-rawr, (forgot how to spell),swipe 2 time at least ,now u got aggro on all the addons, even with ur dumb dps doing AOE.
    4) now you can follow the rule, use mangle whenever is up, keep using maul, lacerate when you got a lot of Rage, refresh your lacerate only when it's almost out. And keep Swiping also!

This way your DPS is MAX as a tank
    What's wrong with your post:
    -You didn't post a rotation, you posted your thought process when you're tanking which is useless to everyone including yourself
    -The rotation he posted was correct, assuming that he includes maul with every attack.
    -Step 2 is not a step.
    -List numbers start at 1, not 0 (even if it's pre-combat).
    -You also use an unbelievable amount of commas.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    Minimal?

Sure losing 3k health is sure minimal :

From around 26k do 23k hp in my lousy gear.
    I loose 2k off of 40k unbuffed. 2k Health loss + Aoe swipe + Savage defense = Druids Best at everything? =p

When your geared you wont need it on fights where you don't have another class to apply a similar debuff (like 5 and 10 mans) on fights that matter you should have another class there to put on a similar debuff.
    okay, well when I'm tanking 3dsarth 10 man and he's hitting me at 100% speed instead of 80% speed and kills me then I'll make sure I tell the raid that "I'm geared, I don't need Infected Wounds". His breath + a melee attack can kill you so NO you do not stop reducing incoming damage because "your geared".
    Ever tanked something that other mobs weren't hitting? Four horsemen, Grobbulus adds, fire/whelp adds on Sarth, etc...

Reducing 20% of incoming damage is a no brainer, there is no excuse for not having 2/2 on this talent.

okay, well when I'm tanking 3dsarth 10 man and he's hitting me at 100% speed instead of 80% speed and kills me then I'll make sure I tell the raid that "I'm geared, I don't need Infected Wounds". His breath + a melee attack can kill you so NO you do not stop reducing incoming damage because "your geared".
    Ever tanked something that other mobs weren't hitting? Four horsemen, Grobbulus adds, fire/whelp adds on Sarth, etc...

Reducing 20% of incoming damage is a no brainer, there is no excuse for not having 2/2 on this talent.
    Unless there is a warrior willing to do thunderclap for you. However I dont see that happening and I would not count on it because I cant rely on having a warrior in my raid 100% of the time but thats my case. On top of that if the warrior dies you are screwed 2
    So I have to agree with getefix. there is no excuse for not having 2/2 on this talent.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

I do not have any points on this talent and I tank sarth 3d fine. Sarths melee is minimal its his massive flame breath that is the killer. And using fire/whelp adds is a silly scenario because you'll be spamming swipe non stop. Whatever little damage you can reduce by having infected wounds on one or two adds is negligible.

I do not have any points on this talent and I tank sarth 3d fine. Sarths melee is minimal its his massive flame breath that is the killer. And using fire/whelp adds is a silly scenario because you'll be spamming swipe non stop. Whatever little damage you can reduce by having infected wounds on one or two adds is negligible.
    his breath + melee is fun. you spam swipe and maul at the same time tabbing through adds to maul all of them so you should over half of them with a maul on them.

i guess all tanks should take your logic? paladins can forget about http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53696 and warriors can just stop thunderclapping when they already have aggro?

Don't rely on what another class might be attacking. Melee attack speed debuffs are not raid wide, it's a single target debuff that has to be refreshed many times throughout the fight. not taking this talent just says you're going to rely on someone else to do it and if they die then it's their fault that you're going to take more damage.