Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
Unnecessary work - > work that after it is done. You find out it did not need to be done, or could be done faster.

back to cooky cutter tactic. who ordered you to do it like this ?
from top of my head, i can atleast come up with 5 strats for 3d ( granted prob none of them will work )
Who made the strat you used? it wassent blizzard. they set up the encounters. after learning someone's method you/your guild started trying it. with that method. Same as useing a bossmod imo.
We made our tactic. It is generally the same as every other tactic however, but we used a different group composition. When we did it, the only "strategy" out there I believe used 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 DPS. We went with 3/3/4 as we were having issues with whelps. Because we didnt have a paladin in our group, we had to bring another healer as the fight was a bit too long.

Please, come up with 5 quite different strategies for sartharion that will work (what is the point of a strategy that doesnt work?). I am betting that you cant. Why? You are given an encounter that has a set amount of variables, and you have to work out how to beat those variables. You can deviate a bit from the course and still beat it, but in general you will follow the same strategy due to those restrictions in the encounter. This is how you develop a strategy. Try to be on the edge of content instead of learning from others and you could know this.

Furthermore. no hacks are being used. and if you think nuking is a exploit.. stop playing this game, its how it seems to work these days.
Please, show me where I said it was an exploit. I said it is an unintended method, and blizzard confirmed that this was in fact not an intended way to do the encounter.

----
What this is about - is you are not the only one with your proto drake anymore, that hurts your epeen.
But you fail to see that the people naming there chars hunterspwn, the people who cant even push out 800 dps at 80
Still wont have this mount.
So please.. for the love of god... stop thinking you are better than everyone.
What this is actually about is if guilds that cant even do 25 man 3d (despite having the players to do it) are doing 10 man 3d with the zerg method (which they are), then it is quite dumb. Blizzards statement that they want 25 man 3d to be as hard as the proper 10 man 3d -> Then people that cant do 25 man 3d (easier than intended) end up doing 10 man 3d first, this explicitly illustrates the problem that I have with it. The fact that you keep arguing that it is my epeen is just because you are too dumb to wrap your mind around facts of a situation, so you result to a lame cop out to sufficiently explain it to yourself.

"He couldnt possibly care at all about having a difficult encounter that is being trivialized due to an unintended method of beating the encounter, he must just care about his epeen!"

Another example of when I was frustrated: Back in BC, our guild was working on m'uru, then the patch hit that reduced HP by 30% and the entire instance became a joke. I was frustrated then. Despite the fact that we had not yet killed muru or KJ, I didnt want that change to go through. Muru became a pushover as did KJ, and we plowed through them the next reset. That wasnt fun at all.