Why do you love Prot, Warrior tanking?

I want to know
    Tell me why YOU love Prot, Warrior tanking.

Re: Why do you love Prot, Warrior tanking?

personally i just cant get enough of running around picking up mobs when thunderclap is on cooldown

I wrote this in another post about tanking, but it just fits here aswell:

I do think Warrior is much more FUN, because you really do have alot of things to consider/concern, think about.

- Charge (Being able to use it in combat, get flying!)
    - Revenge (Use it whenever you get a block, parry, dodge!)
    - Shield Bash (One of my favorite ability, Daze Enemy and Silence them, sweet!
    - Spell Reflection (When you or anyone on your team get a spell casting on ya.)
    - Thunder Clap (Good fun ability with cooldown, so no spamming <3)
    - Shockwave (Good fun ability with cooldown, so no spamming <3)
    - Devastate (In my opinion is beautiful to see, is just lovely, get that big bad armor dude naked!)
    - Shield Slam (When either Revenge or Devastate deal damage you get chance for a free Shield Slam)

So you have to be/can be effective by using Revenge and Shield Slam whenever the chance brings you it.
    You need some kind of spill.

But there is more!!!
    - Disarm, Bloodrage, Taunt, Battle Shout, Demoralizing Shout that is something you need to pay attention to and be even more effective Warrior, skilled.

And the fun you can always do a Shield Wall and also Stance Dance and pop-up a Retaliation!!! <3
    You can't spam few button and not pay attention. IF you want to be a very good, (fun) Warrior
    That is why I love Warrior tanking most.

So much more! Love the Warrior tanking.

I don't think Paladin can compare, yes they might be the best passive tank.
    But Warrior really gives you chance to show some skill.

Because I don't like the hassle of reading patch notes.

I <3 SHIELD SLAM!!!!

it's not so much fun anymore though
    you were able to onehit people with shieldslam in bgs in tbc
    that was awesome.... miss it so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Taryon

I don't think Paladin can compare, yes they might be the best passive tank.
    But Warrior really gives you chance to show some skill.
    Let's not start class racism here, shall we ? Keeping up rotation and support spells is comparable to your skills-all-occasions

But BTT, I really like tanking warriors. Sure, I am other-classed (Pinky <3) tank,but I love to assist/be assisted by warriors. They have tools for each ocassion as I mentioned (Vigilance for "leeching" aggro, spellreflect, charge, all kind of stuff), they are good for spiky damage and very nice for heavy movement fights (No idea why, but they always seem have it easier).

I also like the thing, that actualy Paladin/Warrior tanking combo is not only combat beneficial, social too !
    I have mate tank warrior, he is good and I am best paladin tank in guild, so we make MT pair. He prefers pure avoidance gear, I like SBV and steady unhittability, so we deal on gear. "You take "good avo gear" and I take "good sbv" gear, so I pass that one to you and you pass other to me" . No need to envy lucky tanks that gear up faster if you have great buddies like that. But ofc, some items are too well-rounded for both of us .'

So, I love tanking warriors couse they are great counterparts for any other tanking class, have tools for all occasions and are well rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by shastafarian
    personally i just cant get enough of running around picking up mobs when thunderclap is on cooldown
    /agree x10000

Not run a palidan, but i have a dk a little. dnd = snore TBH, warrior just feels active and agressive, while palidins give the impression that they do consecrate and sit back drink a martini(not really cause i see thier activity on recount). You probly do need to be more agressive as a warrior tank to be successful.

QQ

we need more dps to compete with the other tanks IMO.
    Hope the rage starvation with avoidance is fixed 8}.

Quote Originally Posted by skitszo
    Not run a palidan, but i have a dk a little. dnd = snore TBH, warrior just feels active and agressive, while palidins give the impression that they do consecrate and sit back drink a martini(not really cause i see thier activity on recount). You probly do need to be more agressive as a warrior tank to be successful.

QQ

we need more dps to compete with the other tanks IMO.
    Hope the rage starvation with avoidance is fixed 8}.
    A paladin does not sit there, but they can be watching tv while tanking. That's how "set in stone" their rotation is.

I love Revenge, I love Sword and Board procs. I like the reactive feel of a prot warrior, in comparison to a "rotation" tank like a death knight or a paladin. Shame druids don't really have much going for them :P
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Shockwave is a lot of love.

Also...
    Your thunder clap deals x damage to rat, rat dies.

I love how you're always in action.

It's the same thing for every other tanks, you simply can't ever stop focussing, because you'll slow down the raid(or wipe it).

But yeah, what makes me prefer warrior over the other tanking classes, is that you can do EVERYTHING, you only need to use the right skill, at the right moment. But if you fail to time it well, you're in deep trouble.

Seriously, the warrior class has always been built with the Tank in mind, so they have every tool that is needed to tank, for now. Maybe not the best tools for every situation, but they at least have 1. It makes em the best all-around tanks, but not really any specialization.

Of course, any class can Main Tank. Depending on the boss, there is ALWAYS one class better than the warrior, to tank it. BUT, there isn't any fight where warrior can't manage to tank because they're lacking something.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Taryon
    I want to know
    Tell me why YOU love Prot, Warrior tanking.
    Why do you have a comma after Prot?
    Doesn't make any fucking sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wooz
    Because I don't like the hassle of reading patch notes.
    LOL, sad but true :P

I like to spam cleave and reflect hard-hitting spells :P

Cause it activates TTW, which most tanks do but thats the only reaso ni like them

I just pvp'd in BC. The changes to prot in WotLK looked NICE so I decided to lvl as prot. Got to 80 and realized warriors were complete trash at everything other than tanking and pve dps. So I figured I would be a tank because there aren't any tanks or healers on my server.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

3 Reasons.

1. We are the real McCoy: While druids were healing and pallys were failing (and dks were being resurrected at the altar of the damned in WC3...) we were tankin' and spankin'.

2. There is a certain heroic / honourable aspect to playing a class with only melee capabilities (and no stealth for noobs)... charging into groups of enemies, sending (a few) scattering with intimidating shout, cleaving your way accross the battlefield, being the last man alive due to all the spartan-esque cooldowns like shield wall and last stand etc.

3. As I'm sure people have already mentioned, spell reflecting and PvP rocks. I rolled summer of 2008 as arms and hated rogues. Now I can stun-lock rogues and take virtually no damage at all simply due to burning shield block.
    Favourite spells to reflect?
    -chain lightning, always a winner
    -frostbolt (due to the freeze proc, it can be hilarious to snare a mage with his own spell
    -arcane barrage (the spell reflect animation of this beauty returning to the caster is awesome)
    and ofc shadowbolt (again for the cool animation of the spell shooting backwards.... pew>kerpow)
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.