Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dont you miss an instance like Zul'aman?

All i see in wotlk are the flying mounts, where did the cool groundmounts go like Zulgurub tiger and zulaman bear?

Most ppl that play in wotlk are still missing things from earlier times, i miess zulaman, like being able to do a thing on time with no one failing and get quite good loot + an awesome looking mount, instead of doing some achi, that arent that hard or get a lucky rare drop and get a proto drake?:S i mean even consider the fights in zulaman, i loved them:P but also aswell the game is more easy to aoe tank and aoe heal now, so i understand if its harder to make those kind of encounters seem hard, but the reason im making this topic is if you also miss it and want some kind of that instance to pop up in upcoming patch?

Re: Dont you miss an instance like Zul'aman?

I loved ZA timed runs!!!

I miss SWP pre-nerf, where the game actually was hard, and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepitoz
    I miss SWP pre-nerf, where the game actually was hard, and fun.
    Best way to recreate SWP pre-nerf difficulty is to try to run it with random PUGs that don't know how to follow basic instructions. Twins + noobs that can't read their name in a warning printed across their screen and move move their bodies = wipe. Over and over.

Did that last night, never doing it again.

Makes me sad how so many players only seem to understand zerging content, and have no concept of personal responsibility for the raids success. The number of runs of BT and Hyjal and such with 95% level 80s that I've seen fail is proof of this.

I too really enjoyed the ZA timed runs. Did quite a few of them with my old raiding guild. Got a lot of bears. Was always intense to have to push 110% for a good 40 minutes. Very little room for error in those runs.

Another note of sadness: seeing a level 70 warlock out-DPSing and out-damaging all but one of the 80s in a BT group I was in once.

Deleted

I love Zul'Gurub tbh... the scenery so beautiful... cool and unique encounters too, i just wish i played WoW on blizz servers pre-tbc, saw PvP and PvE movies from back then... everything was so... EPIC
    then in TBC i think the best part was 2.4 with the Isle of Quel'Danas, a very cool place (i like bright colored and such environment...) and SWP ofc, tho i never got to raid it.
    now in wotlk we start with... naxx, which as far as i understand used to be both hard and fun, and now it's none of those + the scenery sucks and tells you "go to bed" with all that green slime and black walls
    and Ulduar is next...well ok, a big part of it is just...mechanical, robots, metal stuff, etc. but at least it has some cool parts too, like that nature environment part, and the blueish titan structures are cool too
    i hope 3.2 will bring something like Zul'Gurub...or maybe Zul'Aman...green scenery and open space, outdoors...

I miss timed runs but I DON'T miss trolls.. NO MORE PLEASE!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

no.
    Jeffrey Kaplan: The real goal is throughout the Warcraft games how many times can you kill Mal'Ganis?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Squishypants
    i dont care what i hit, it all looks pretty when it's dead anyway
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

I love Zul'Gurub tbh... the scenery so beautiful... cool and unique encounters too, i just wish i played WoW on blizz servers pre-tbc, saw PvP and PvE movies from back then... everything was so... EPIC
    then in TBC i think the best part was 2.4 with the Isle of Quel'Danas, a very cool place (i like bright colored and such environment...) and SWP ofc, tho i never got to raid it.
    now in wotlk we start with... naxx, which as far as i understand used to be both hard and fun, and now it's none of those + the scenery sucks and tells you "go to bed" with all that green slime and black walls
    and Ulduar is next...well ok, a big part of it is just...mechanical, robots, metal stuff, etc. but at least it has some cool parts too, like that nature environment part, and the blueish titan structures are cool too Smiley
    i hope 3.2 will bring something like Zul'Gurub...or maybe Zul'Aman...green scenery and open space, outdoors...
    I agree, all Ulduar is for environment is a glorified Gnomeragan

Tbh I think there will definatly be one last Troll instance.. if not? then WHY would "Tor'Watha" Appear on the Eversong Woods Map? just out of the blue. 2 years after the eversong woods being introduced in the game.. theyre planning something. and we will find out. soon enough..

Deleted

At least they'r humanoids and have some animations...hitting ooze ain't fun
    And tbh I'm more sick of blood elfs than trolls or anything else... i mean they'r EVERYWHERE, and they'r probably also the thing i killed most... srsly what's so special about blood elfs ? They don't even look cool, tho i could bet that a lot of kids go for them... would also be an explanation to why the horde is so... childish

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    At least they'r humanoids and have some animations...hitting ooze ain't fun
    And tbh I'm more sick of blood elfs than trolls or anything else... i mean they'r EVERYWHERE, and they'r probably also the thing i killed most... srsly what's so special about blood elfs ? They don't even look cool, tho i could bet that a lot of kids go for them... would also be an explanation to why the horde is so... childish
    I cant roll a Undead Paladin...Or I would....Guess Ill stick with my BE

No more troll instances plz ... god... no

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Punks
    I cant roll a Undead Paladin...Or I would....Guess Ill stick with my BE
    I can't roll a Night Elf Shaman either but that doesn't make half the Alliance population Draenei...

on topic: quote from wowwiki: Tor'Watha is one of the two forest troll areas of Eversong Woods. It is much larger than the nearby Zeb'Watha, and at the eastern ridge, there is a colossal fortress of some kind, with a massive set of gates. It is for now completely void of any inhabitants, and the forest trolls stay down in the camps below. It is possible this gate will lead into future forest troll lands, other than that of Zul'Aman which is now found in the Ghostlands. Currently there is a glowing instance portal behind the gate which can barely be seen between the gaps in the wooden slats. It is possible for a mage to blink through the gap in the gate, however, there is an invisible wall behind the gate which cannot be crossed. The antechamber of Tor'Watha appears identical to that of Zul'Aman. As of patch 3.0.3. however, the entrance has been completely shut down and boarded up with sturdier treetrunks - and the instance portal is not viewable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hajomaro
    I agree, all Ulduar is for environment is a glorified Gnomeragan
    Gnomeregan looks somewhere between a backed-up port-a-potty the size of a football stadium and a garbage dump, with some ugly looking green mist in the air for good measure.

Ulduar looks like sweeping antideluvian archetecture, decorated with colossal models of solar systems.

Perhaps you should put your glasses back on, or wipe the sludge off of them.

just because something is old doesn't mean it was cool. In original WoW i hated running ZG every 3 days, it was boring and way too green. The two AQs were sweet, but naxx is more amazing to look at than MC/ZG/BWL. Sure nostalgia is fun but you can't have nostalgia unless you actually played it, and i must say most of it was bleh.

I do miss unerfed sunwell and Zul'aman was quite fun to do on off nights
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Zul'Aman was (and probably still is) one of the most memorable instances in WoW. It was and upgrade to Zul'Gurub and wasn't that tiresome. Bosses were uber fun, drops were nice and the music rocked So yeah, I would definitely want another troll instance (as long as we do not eradicate their race and all ).

maybe something like trolls who think the lich king is a new god!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Gnomeregan looks somewhere between a backed-up port-a-potty the size of a football stadium and a garbage dump, with some ugly looking green mist in the air for good measure.
    I choked from laughing at this...
    lol