Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Think I am finally happy. Been tossing up with trying a totally different flavour of UI but I think I'll just stick with this Need to change that castbar colour tho!

Yo, what nameplates are those?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I posted a link to my complete packaged UI on the previous page. See how you go with that.

The only things I use are:
    ElvUI
    SkullFlowerUI
    Skada
    DBM
    Shared Media for the Accidental Presidency font

I also have Iskar assist but I took this out of the upload in case people didn't want it

Cheers!
    Last edited by zakalwei; 2016-08-11 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Officially just waiting for you before playing WoW seriously then, that would be such an amazing dream =D.
    Did you decide to give up on a healing layout of any sort?

And my apologies if I'm asking inane questions, I've never been really involved in UI design, even though I think I have the skills to do so, I just never know what I truly want.
    Since two people also assured me in my deicision that making healer frames if 1) I don't have a clue about healers 2) there are a lot of good healing frames which are customizable as hell

I don't think I'll add some.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    today's screenshot from lfr.
    Lyn i've downloaded your UI today and didn't have much time to dive into options but maybe while I am at work you can answer few of my questions.

1. Is it possible to see keybinds on actionbars?
    2. I am so used to elvui and I wonder where other hidden actionbars are. I miss most of skills on your default bars and I am curious if I should just rebind and open skillbook and put skills on bars or maybe they are just hidden somewhere?
    3. Do you have support for/or maybe you can include BIGWIGS ?
    4. Where i can shower you with some money cause UI i so pretty and doesn't eat much of system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jones View Post
    Lyn i've downloaded your UI today and didn't have much time to dive into options but maybe while I am at work you can answer few of my questions.

1. Is it possible to see keybinds on actionbars?
    2. I am so used to elvui and I wonder where other hidden actionbars are. I miss most of skills on your default bars and I am curious if I should just rebind and open skillbook and put skills on bars or maybe they are just hidden somewhere?
    3. Do you have support for/or maybe you can include BIGWIGS ?
    4. Where i can shower you with some money cause UI i so pretty and doesn't eat much of system.
    This is not the fitting post for asking such questions. Next time write me an PM or ask me on Wowinterface. This is not only for you, but for everyone...

1) Yes. rButtonTemplate/theme.lua, search for hotkey, change the alpha
    2) I only have 3 bars active. The bars which are normally on the right side are completely deactivated. You can, however, spawn them: rActionBar_Lyn/layout.lua, delete the "--" before the CreateActionBar calls for bar4 and 5. After that you can normally activate them in the Interface Options.
    3) You can download it yourself. I don't see why I have to include that. I may skin it, but even then I don't have to include BigWigs myself. Since the version I would add are heavily outdated because their update cycle is higher than mine.
    4) Ingame or real?
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Whatever float your boat ;-), thank you for fast reply and next time I will just go to wowinterface .
    Last edited by mmoc7a8765d955; 2016-08-11 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    you can also use class colors to manually adjust your colours
    yeah but hows it possible that ingame its really bright neon colors and when I take a screenshot and upload it to imgur
    its not that bright anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    yeah but hows it possible that ingame its really bright neon colors and when I take a screenshot and upload it to imgur
    its not that bright anymore?
    There are several reasons:

- Your screenshot is not in the highest quality
    - Imgur is reducing the quality of an image so it takes less space on their end.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    My UI for legion since 7.0.3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh7B_3zCBu8

It is a mix bettween my imagination and the genius of some guys like Kait and Afenar !
    Last edited by mmocc6f4004392; 2016-08-11 at 06:21 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody have a decent looking texture?

I really dislike my UI at the moment and I have no idea why. I figured changing the texture might help lol

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Does anybody have a decent looking texture?

I really dislike my UI at the moment and I have no idea why. I figured changing the texture might help lol
    I like using Rain from the vuhdo package. Can't post a screen shot atm, but check it out. It adds some flavor to the unit frames.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/vuhdo

Thank you for this love this ui setup.

Deleted
    @Lyn how about doing some profiles for vuhdo and grid that would visually match your UI?

I'm not using yours atm, but just a thought. I've modified my vuhdo frames to match RealUI's style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Not sure if it's a sans serif, but Roboto Bold or even Roboto Medium are pretty nice. Quite legible and scale up/down nicely.
    i shall try it out, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mohoji View Post
    I really like that!! do you plan on uploading it?
    thanks! perhaps in the middle of september because that's when my schedule calms down. but not up until that point.

as a side note, is it possible to keep the questions related to a certain UI outside of the thread? i don't mind discussing different aspects of a UI, but when it's simply "how do i move X", it feels kind of redundant and should in my opinion be asked through a pm or asked on the respective wowinterface upload.

Deleted
    So this isn't exactly a whole UI - mine has been an ever-changing WIP over the past decade, but this is what I've gotten together recently as far as the HUD -part of it goes;

(Click to enlarge.)

Note that I'm still building it as I'm posting this, but thought I'd see if people had some input. So, for the explanation:

The player/target -frames, as well as focus, pet and targettarget frames are positioned down there, above my chat and main buttons which are also centered. The frames are meant to be rather simplistic but with some numerical info, as well as enemy debuffs visible. My own buffs and debuffs are still in an unmodified "right corner" with the minimap - like I said, it's a WIP and parts of my UI are unmodified.

The HUD is IceHUD, with an attempt at somewhat simple bars. Left side you see my absorb, health and power. Space for own cast bar on the inside. Inner left smaller would be pet health/power. Right side you see enemy health, with space for power/absorb if they have any, space for cast bar on the inside again, as well as a small threat bar. Down above the SUF is the target info of IceHUD, showing the name and so on.

Above that there's a WeakAuras rune setup, which I'll also use for combos, soul shards and so on. Same setup for all classes, with class coloring. On the right hand side there are five smaller quick cooldown reminders (from bottom to top Heart Strike, Marrow Strike, Death Strike, Blood Boil and Death and Decay), which show a full circle if ready, an empty circle if not and a timer if CD available. Right from there are two longer offensive cooldowns which only show up when cooldowns are on. On the left hand side there are a couple defensive cooldowns. I'm thinking of adding more of those cooldowns as needed. Also thinking of making a kick-type reminder near the enemy cast bar, and possible taunt/grip reminders near the threat bar somewhere.

The idea there is to have this setup work in the exact same way for every class, and only the colors and positioning of those reminders is required to instinctively know which ability it is, so no need for icons or stuff like that. A bit like with Grid indicators; only need the colored pixels to know exactly what buffs or debuffs they are. Colors based on which ability it is, often on the colors of the icon, although with this setup my Death Strike is greenish because, you know, it heals.

Most of the HUD and auras disappear completely OOC and without target, except player health and power, which go very transparent. When a target is picked up, the bars appear. None of the reminders are visible OOC, except the beneficial ones. The SUF frames also fade to 40% OOC.

The Mik's is positioned wrong as I'm building this, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. There's also an "in combat" -reminder, the blinking bordering around the player frame, which goes away OOC. The small purple "10" near the purple cooldown reminder is a Bone Shield stack for the DK only, as that's the Marrowrend reminder.

Now that I've gotten a bit more into WA it's really fun building these small things, and I'd love to go towards a HUD-driven UI, perhaps so that I can hide most of my buttons at least most of the time, and only use reminders like that, as buttons don't typically change, and I never click anything aside from a setup of professions and so on.

Anyways... Now that I'm starting to get a blood DK done, it's time to tackle the...uhh...35 other specs. Oh joy!
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-08-11 at 11:52 PM.

What the hell, I'll give this a go. Made from ElvUI, clearly. ElvUI and a few hours of obsessive alignment and customization. I'm going for a pixel-perfect look, and that carries over into my WeakAuras. This is somewhat a work in progress, but I'd say that it's largely what I'll be using in Legion. A few things like BigWigs and raid frames aren't displayed in this picture, but they're there.

If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it.

Deleted
    For the most part, I think my reminder setup is ready now. Have to add more if I need them but yeah, this is what I was getting at;

(Click to enlarge.)

Those are the default ones (and I don't know why the numbers seem to be off every now and then but they do work), and I'll duplicate for each class and spec as required. A total of nine reminders for offensive abilities, with five "smaller" or rather faster spammed ones, and four that pop up for longer cooldowns. Four reminders for beneficial abilities. Not sure if I'll have to add the smaller ones there as well, perhaps with healers... Dunno. Also an interrupt reminder that has a timer, and a taunt one. That's not how they look when they're working, this is the WA setup view, but it gives you an idea.

Man, I just wish there were nested groups in WA. Would love to be able to group up groups, or have some kind of a folder view or something. I mean, this is a total of 15 groups and a total of 28 texture/text auras. Oh well, have to use good names I guess.

EDIT: Just tried this in action, did a couple invasions, and man it's really neat. Could definitely see hiding all button bars (assuming the binds still work) with a system like this. Works wonders. Also, when all those are colored correctly, it's pretty as shit!
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-08-12 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's done! It's here!

Grab it from either WoWInterface or Curse.
    That looks gorgeous. Will use it as soon as I get home!

This is what I have right now, still deciding on unitframes. ouf_Phanx would look nice but waiting for that to get updated.
    Click to open full image.

Combat

Weakauras

So i've been bugging Lyn these past days to make his UI fit my needs, and he's been very helpfull so thank you!

First i wanted to have the UI "hide" when i wasn't in combat.. But after testing it wasn't very practical :S

So heres the turnout, a combat pic, idle pic and a fun pic wich shows the castbar.

Idle

Combat

Fun