Thread: Post Your UI

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

http://imgur.com/a/ZTB6J

Ok this is it for now.
    I just can't re-size it much smaller with good faith I can use it propor. Icons in WA at 35x35, when on CD its 28x28. String got a lot smaller by this, but gut re-size a string sucks, but yea :P
    The problem with your UI is that you cannot see your character. You cannot see when you are standing in bad, when the boss is doing an important animation, when a stealthed rogue glimmers so you can see him before he stuns you. You cannot tell how many things are hitting you. The most important tactical piece of information in your PvE and PvP experience is your character and it's relation to other PCs and NPCs and ground effects. If your UI is preventing you from seeing this, you've already lost the game. Especially as a healer. No one here is shitting on your aesthetics, the precise size of your weak aura icons is virtually irrelevant, we are telling you that your healing UI is objectively bad and it's going to MAKE you fail.

Congratulations, you are the healer that dies to shit on the ground every other pull. No one likes that guy.

#1 everything is way too damn big.
    #2 why do you need that massive stack of action bars? you don't need that. hide some or spread some out.reduce the padding. hide memorized binds. make bars on the side. something has to give here.
    #3 decursive is a shitty waste of space and no healer should be using it, ever. dispelling is an action you do on the unit frames.
    #4 everything is way too damn big. simply reducing the overall scale of the UI in default menu would improve this by like 60% less failsauce.
    #5 consider learning the clique addon, it's amazing and i adore it and it's almost mandatory for resto druiding imho. :P
    #6 consider keeping frames off center. i like mine to the left, if they cannot be in the center (i change my UI a lot, and swap between these two locations.)
    #7 for the love of pete just make the whole UI smaller
    #8 consider a new home for your weak auras.

My UI at this exact moment is a hot unfinished mess. Yet it is far more functional than yours. I am not saying this to be mean, I am saying it because it hurts me to see someone ( a fellow resto druid bro! ) gimping themselves so badly. Some UIs (downloaded and fussed with) that I've played with in the last little while: 1 (shoutout to Lyn!), 2 (kkthnx ui), 3 (elvui), Bonus DK UI (elvui).

I am not an artist like other people in this thread. I am just a regular, unartistic, mismatched fonts, unaligned elements, out the box textures kinda person. :P But still, I know and practice: The character and space around it are just so important, obstructing that area is a crime.
    Last edited by qqemokitty; 2016-10-06 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. I wouldn't want to make it publically available, but I can send it to you. Note I made it on a 13" laptop with a poor resolution, so you might need to do some tweaking to make it fit your screen. I haven't shared a UI since Cataclysm. is it still simple sharing WTF and Interface folder?

I decided to play around further with party/raid frames yesterday, and here's the outcome: removed names and now power bar is class colored (among many other things so the frames don't become rainbows in combat).

EDIT: https://youtu.be/pGRKj-6T1f4
    I really like your combination of mana, castbar and cooldowns. Would you mind sharing?

Deleted
    @Constie
    FrameStrata and FrameLevel is limited from what I can tell.

But what works 100% of the time is frame stacking.

Code:
    local base = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,UIParent)
    local level1 = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,base)
    local level2 = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,level1)
    That is only needed if you want to stack real frames, like statusbars or fontstrings.

If you just want to stack textures you can use the texture layer and the texture sublevel. That way you can stack hundreds of textures if you want.
    http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge.../CreateTexture
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-10-06 at 06:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ploner View Post
    I know you said this was taken at launch, but supposing it's still the same, would you consider uploading it somewhere if possible? Big fan of dark minimal themes, and yours looks great.
    It does look mostly the same. I will see what I can do this weekend.

I have dozens of GIT branches I keep switching out to test new UI's, but I keep coming back to this..

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    The problem with your UI is that you cannot see your character. You cannot see when you are standing in bad, when the boss is doing an important animation, when a stealthed rogue glimmers so you can see him before he stuns you. You cannot tell how many things are hitting you. The most important tactical piece of information in your PvE and PvP experience is your character and it's relation to other PCs and NPCs and ground effects. If your UI is preventing you from seeing this, you've already lost the game. Especially as a healer. No one here is shitting on your aesthetics, the precise size of your weak aura icons is virtually irrelevant, we are telling you that your healing UI is objectively bad and it's going to MAKE you fail.

Congratulations, you are the healer that dies to shit on the ground every other pull. No one likes that guy.

#1 everything is way too damn big.
    #2 why do you need that massive stack of action bars? you don't need that. hide some or spread some out.reduce the padding. hide memorized binds. make bars on the side. something has to give here.
    #3 decursive is a shitty waste of space and no healer should be using it, ever. dispelling is an action you do on the unit frames.
    #4 everything is way too damn big. simply reducing the overall scale of the UI in default menu would improve this by like 60% less failsauce.
    #5 consider learning the clique addon, it's amazing and i adore it and it's almost mandatory for resto druiding imho. :P
    #6 consider keeping frames off center. i like mine to the left, if they cannot be in the center (i change my UI a lot, and swap between these two locations.)
    #7 for the love of pete just make the whole UI smaller
    #8 consider a new home for your weak auras.

My UI at this exact moment is a hot unfinished mess. Yet it is far more functional than yours. I am not saying this to be mean, I am saying it because it hurts me to see someone ( a fellow resto druid bro! ) gimping themselves so badly. Some UIs (downloaded and fussed with) that I've played with in the last little while: 1 (shoutout to Lyn!), 2 (kkthnx ui), 3 (elvui), Bonus DK UI (elvui).

I am not an artist like other people in this thread. I am just a regular, unartistic, mismatched fonts, unaligned elements, out the box textures kinda person. :P But still, I know and practice: The character and space around it are just so important, obstructing that area is a crime.
    1. Maybe I will put the bars on the bottom then. I always just stacked 3 bars on top, and then in WOD with so many good items from toys etc I added a 4th. I just kinda like bars being centered, tend to look at them alot.

Other bars are outfitter because blizzards sucks, stance and my summon stuff/profession.

2. Is grid able to decurse by clicking ? I should test it out in a BG...Always just kinda liked decursive, it's nice with a minor element to quickly show stuff with sound alert - this was mostly for my druid as feral (restro I never played but vanilla, PvP in TBC), so he didn't haft to look much at raid frames. Granted I have a weak spot for it because it was so OP in vanilla lol.

But if grid can decurse by clicking why not ? Or maybe I should use another raid frame addon for healing.?

3. What is to big? All my bars are 60-85% scale, only thing that's a bit bloated is maybe my chat but I like it that way :P

Thanks again for your help!
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-10-06 at 08:43 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Dayum some of the UIs here make me super jelly! Really have a lot of respect for you guys to actually work on codes and make the UI look so damn awesome!
    Also I'm super happy that ElvUI exists, since I've been playing with that like .... forever ♥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    5man

I uploaded all my addons. oUF_Simple is available aswell but still in beta stage. The nameplate spawn is not part of oUF yet, thus I have to embed oUF for now.

Addon list
    Hi, could you tell what font u are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    1. Maybe I will put the bars on the bottom then. I always just stacked 3 bars on top, and then in WOD with so many good items from toys etc I added a 4th. I just kinda like bars being centered, tend to look at them alot.

Other bars are outfitter because blizzards sucks, stance and my summon stuff/profession.

2. Is grid able to decurse by clicking ? I should test it out in a BG...Always just kinda liked decursive, it's nice with a minor element to quickly show stuff with sound alert - this was mostly for my druid as feral (restro I never played but vanilla, PvP in TBC), so he didn't haft to look much at raid frames. Granted I have a weak spot for it because it was so OP in vanilla lol.

But if grid can decurse by clicking why not ? Or maybe I should use another raid frame addon for healing.?

3. What is to big? All my bars are 60-85% scale, only thing that's a bit bloated is maybe my chat but I like it that way :P

Thanks again for your help!
    If you really want a lot of toys on your action bars, instead of using the toy UI favourites marking, then perhaps consider either using Opie or Flyout Button Custom

Any raid frame can be used for dispelling.
    So grid could do that, if you can find some way you like of displaying that information.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-06 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Egrest View Post
    Your UI looks more amazing with each update. I like the borders you have around the buttons, buffs, castbar, nameplate and unit frame. Do you mind sharing them?
    every single texture there is pulled from existing ones in the standard blizzard ui — some are multiple different ones cut or layered into the right shape. you can find an indexed list of the all these default textures here.

this is the castbar border, for instance. to define it in game you'd put the texture path as "Interface\\CastingBar\\UI-CastingBar-Border"

Deleted

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Simple ElvUI UI edit. The 2 decreasing procs in the middle was my first attempt in WeakAuras 2 that track my Crimson Scourge (default WoW's proc don't decrease, so I turned them off and made this one). Below my portrait is my cooldowns and the 2 icons on the left are also made with WA2 that track how much % of my HP will my next Death Strike heal and the other is obviously my Bone Shield track

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    @Constie
    FrameStrata and FrameLevel is limited from what I can tell.

But what works 100% of the time is frame stacking.

Code:
    local base = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,UIParent)
    local level1 = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,base)
    local level2 = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,level1)
    That is only needed if you want to stack real frames, like statusbars or fontstrings.

If you just want to stack textures you can use the texture layer and the texture sublevel. That way you can stack hundreds of textures if you want.
    http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge.../CreateTexture
    Hey Zork. You seem to be the authority on this, and I would truly appreciate any guidance you can provide. I used to work with Tony a lot when he was making the Skullflower edit to help shape his UI. On my side though, I really want to make something that feels like the Material interface guidelines produced by Google. Specifically, I was hoping to have a Health Frame with a Floating Action Button running along the lower X axis of the health frame. The biggest point is that both of these have a specific elevation or they won't look right. If the game screen is 1, and the Health Bar is 4, and the FAB is 7, would that be something that the WoW API can handle? It was mentioned above to use strata, and you mention to use layering, but I'm just not certain how robust the API is for WoW. I'm not even very good at this myself, and I commonly just hack up other peoples work, and patch it together.

I've been interested in a Material UI for a few years now, and I think with the right elements it could actually be very cool, but would require an immense amount of work that I'm probably not even remotely ready to undertake.

I should probably just start over and learn from the bottom.

definitely possible. the frame "UIParent" already exists as a handy base layer (what you might be referring to as the game screen) and around which you can attach child frames such as the unitframe or ExtraActionButton. a lot of frames are parented to the UIParent by default, but for each instance you can make absolutely sure with the following:

Code:
    frameName:SetParent(UIParent)

you'd need to run this for the ExtraActionButton for instance — as it's parented to the MainMenuBar by default.

from there you can define the z layer for frames, with SetFrameLevel(), and negotiate between those with SetFrameStrata(). non-frame regions can be changed via SetDrawLayer()

as an additional note: because the blizzard UI deals with a large number of frames as you play, it has a function set up that moves certain frames into different positions depending on what is shown and what isn't, defined as UIParent_ManageFramePositions(). if you're planning on moving default blizzard frames and want them to stay put, this needs to be taken into account by removing them from the list of frames it handles. that list is contained in a table called UIPARENT_MANAGED_FRAME_POSITIONS and writing this:

Code:
    UIPARENT_MANAGED_FRAME_POSITIONS['frameName'] = nil

will essentially deregister your frame from it.

for example, my arrangement of the EAB over actionbars and other textures:

Last edited by modernist; 2016-10-06 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waspeh View Post
    I've added an outline to font in the objective tracker headings, other than that no changes to mine for a while...In terms what you can actually see the bulk of the credit goes to Stickload (Ouf_Abu) and the guys working on Neav UI.
    Holy moly I love this UI!
    Where can I find the required downloads? In the alternative is there any way for you to post a download link?

Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    Just quoting you for screenshot... But I can't wait for you to release this version! Absolutely love the current one and the new artwork is amazing. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by waspeh View Post
    I've added an outline to font in the objective tracker headings, other than that no changes to mine for a while...In terms what you can actually see the bulk of the credit goes to Stickload (Ouf_Abu) and the guys working on Neav UI.

What are those unitframes? Do you have addon package ?

http://imgur.com/a/1Bm6K

Ok last try then Now I even went and hided some stuff like mounts/forms. Showing the UI just with a lot going on, be cause why not...if I just sit doing nothing its pointless.

Pretty damn happy with this. In the end UI also comes down to personal preferences I guess. In 5 man grid will barely take space, but on 40 is a bit clunky with grid in the middle. Now I even got basic healing know-how for grid...debuffs on center icon with a mouseover macro for dispel yay :P guess time to remove decursive addon.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    Done a lot of tweaking since last time.

out of combat:

top bar is hidden in combat, shows me a list of all spells / items to move around (works with mage portals, cm portals, toys... etc. S&L edit does this)

combat:

BONUS! I've skinned ls:Toasts for ElvUI:

Big thanks to @Constie, who was kind enough to update his UI Setup Helper AddOn for me. Really made configuring my UI a lot easier and prevented a lot of strain from my eyes!
    this is beautiful :O
    is there a way to get it?
    one of the best clean looking UIs imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockxana View Post
    This reminds me of a Hal statusbar texture, but not sure if it is being that it appears you're using a Elv/Tuk base? Could you share it?

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Simple ElvUI UI edit. The 2 decreasing procs in the middle was my first attempt in WeakAuras 2 that track my Crimson Scourge (default WoW's proc don't decrease, so I turned them off and made this one). Below my portrait is my cooldowns and the 2 icons on the left are also made with WA2 that track how much % of my HP will my next Death Strike heal and the other is obviously my Bone Shield track
    If you really must insist on MSBT or any scrolling combat text, then at least change the font away from porky.
    Unless that happens to be the font used elsewhere.
    Plus move it, as it is moving over your timers.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-06 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.