Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post
    Also, why do your unit frames show all classes debuffs? It's save space just to highlight your own.
    Because he hopefully wants to see important stuff while doing arenas mebe?

hello pve

/thread

That's mine, don't have any fancy ones from in combat, any advice will be appreciated!

Image replaced by a thumbnail and properly linked to a full-size version instead of another infopage.
    Why exactly is reading the OP so hard?
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by Treeston; 2010-08-10 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonken View Post
    Because he hopefully wants to see important stuff while doing arenas mebe?

hello pve

/thread
    Regardless of PvE or PvP, it makes sense to limit the amount of debuffs you can see. Less debuffs = more space to view one's surroundings as well as quickly identify all pertinent class debuffs. By showing all of them it increases the likelihood any particular one might be overlooked and a global cooldown wasted.

WIP _!
    Any tips would be nice...and yes, I'm quite aware of the minimap border.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you play with a magnifying glass? Everything's so small and hard to read!

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post
    Do you play with a magnifying glass? Everything's so small and hard to read!
    Do you need glasses? Everything looks fine and is easy to read.

Credits to Shamtasticle for this Wonderful UI !

Quote Originally Posted by Zerutan View Post
    WIP _!
    Any tips would be nice...and yes, I'm quite aware of the minimap border.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Your text seems to be in the midde of nowhere. If you take your time to size different things down to uptain more space, then go full out

Quote Originally Posted by Zentack View Post
    Your text seems to be in the midde of nowhere. If you take your time to size different things down to uptain more space, then go full out
    Which text are you referring to?

@ LeyrHao

impressed by your UI. It's very distinct...and keeps utility, which must be difficult to accomplish because every UI (including my own) mimic's someone else's. The boarders aren't my taste, but I see how they add flavor to the UI. I have 1 comment and 1 question, though.

comment - you might consider decreasing the height on your action bar frame. It's running into your character info display (crit, spec, etc.). It would look cleaner if that weren't happening, in my opinion.

question - Are you using grid? It appears as if you're able to display more than 1 center icon (for player debuffs and such). If that's the case, what's allowing you to do it?

I believe LeyrHao is using oUF for those raid frames, actually, but I could be wrong.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Anyone know what addon is changing the default ui look in NoxSSDK glyph frame pic? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardelios View Post
    Anyone know what addon is changing the default ui look in NoxSSDK glyph frame pic? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.
    Naybe is this

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...48-AI-Art.html

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
    @ LeyrHao

impressed by your UI. It's very distinct...and keeps utility, which must be difficult to accomplish because every UI (including my own) mimic's someone else's. The boarders aren't my taste, but I see how they add flavor to the UI. I have 1 comment and 1 question, though.

comment - you might consider decreasing the height on your action bar frame. It's running into your character info display (crit, spec, etc.). It would look cleaner if that weren't happening, in my opinion.

question - Are you using grid? It appears as if you're able to display more than 1 center icon (for player debuffs and such). If that's the case, what's allowing you to do it?
    Thanks for your comments .

At your suggestion: like I said above I was too lazy to finish the work but I wanted to post it to get some C&C I could use. That one you mention is one of those things I need to readjust. I think I'll just move it somewhere else so I don't need to resize or move the action bar, cause I pretty like the way it is actually.

At your question: I'm using for both, regular frames (solo, target, party, arena, etc) and raid frames the addon named StUF. It's like Pitbull but much more configurable because things aren't tied to the frames themselves, so you can toy with it, place names, icons and stuff anywhere and do pretty things without knowing LUA code. And yes, it allows you to see any number of buffs/debuffs and stuff, you just have to set it. I do a lot of pvp, specially bg's so it helps me really well to dispell and heal (even though I'm feral :P).

Sorry for my terribad English XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Naybe is this
    Thank you that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
    Here is my Disc Priest Healer UI.

Using oUF_Svelte, which I made

And you still should read the tutorial.
    ~ Treeston

what kind of raidframes do you use? they look good

@Kardar, it's the raid frames that are part of her oUF layout - oUF_Svelte - which also gives her regular unitframes.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

My current UI work-in-progress (and out of combat). (this one shows where the party/raid interface would be, but its a little outdated font-wise)

I'm going for a very mellow, unobtrusive look with it, but I also want it to not look boring and plain of course. A lot of the little 1px white lines that connect things together appear/disappear depending on what they're attached to (so the lines going down+across to the target frame aren't there when there is no target).

One thing that I enjoy that is just a bit of "why the hell is that necessary?" is the replacement of the "in combat" icon with the text "combat", and the replacement of the "resting" icon with a "zzz"... I wanted to remove a lot of the icons that I'd see constantly, and those 2 (along with dead/ghost as they're easy to replace as well) are the prime suspects in always being there.

edit: Sorry for no thumbnails, but well... It takes forever to get my PS up and running, and I... I'm lazy! forgive me!
    edit 2: Also, the bulk of those icons in the action bar are macros with no use other than to fill the bars in... so yeah, I'm not level 10 with all those great hunter abilities!
    Last edited by Nipah; 2010-08-14 at 11:58 PM. Reason: additional note

Wowhead Profile ~ When in doubt, shock it out.

any idea what specific addon they are? i would like to have something similar but don't want to download that whole addon pack cause im kinda happy with my ui the way it is (besides how ugly grid2 is)

I would assume oUF (the framework), oUF_Svelte (the layout), and potentially any specific textures, if they are actually seperate.