Thread: Post Your UI

oh i see. im very new to this and would like to improve my UI a bit more. I really don't like the look of my raidframes, is there any other option to grid2 that any of you guys would recommend for a healer?

A picture of my UI at the moment.

Made it a URL for you.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by Treeston; 2010-08-15 at 08:36 PM.

Well Grid (the original) is better supported by the community. Though come cataclysm, may well be phased out, much like Pitbull 3 is in the process of.
    VuhDo is an upcoming alternative growing in popularity, because it has most of the functionality that grid obtained from external plugins or addons integrated, so is more consistent.
    Plus most unitframe addons are able to create their own, like Pitbull 4, Shadowed Unit Frames, Stuf, plus several oUF layouts sometimes just for raid frames, or at least should have the option to toggle what you want on or off.

Kardar, well, I use Vuhdo for raiding on my Priest and Shaman - I'd previously used Grid for it.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

ok thanks for the input. just tried out shadowed unit frames for raiding, looked way better but it wasn't really ideal to heal with i think, but deffo gonna use it if i change to a dps class. going to try out vuhdo later tonight is it alot to config or does it work like out of the box like grid2?

Quote Originally Posted by Nipah View Post
    My current UI work-in-progress (and out of combat). (this one shows where the party/raid interface would be, but its a little outdated font-wise)

I'm going for a very mellow, unobtrusive look with it, but I also want it to not look boring and plain of course. A lot of the little 1px white lines that connect things together appear/disappear depending on what they're attached to (so the lines going down+across to the target frame aren't there when there is no target).

One thing that I enjoy that is just a bit of "why the hell is that necessary?" is the replacement of the "in combat" icon with the text "combat", and the replacement of the "resting" icon with a "zzz"... I wanted to remove a lot of the icons that I'd see constantly, and those 2 (along with dead/ghost as they're easy to replace as well) are the prime suspects in always being there.

edit: Sorry for no thumbnails, but well... It takes forever to get my PS up and running, and I... I'm lazy! forgive me!
    edit 2: Also, the bulk of those icons in the action bar are macros with no use other than to fill the bars in... so yeah, I'm not level 10 with all those great hunter abilities!
    Some ideas. Try changing the 1px white lines to black to make it look more sharp. The text looks a little bit blurry to me, might be just the screenshot. If it is indeed blurry ingame try a pixel font or a different Sans Serif font.

It looks like you are using STUF or Shadowed UF...play a bit more with them, they look lazy and boring. Try switching the Combat text to "C" and Resting to "R".

Remove the keybind text, makes the bottom left look too crowded.

Nice idea with the minimap imo

Try some type of add-on for the objective text.

Other than that is looks decent.

It does have a usable default, but it is a generic one, not spec defaults like grid2 comes with.
    I have yet to play a healer so cannot comment from that perspective.
    While those which come with unitframes can offer some functionality, they rarely offer the same options that dedicated raid frames such as grid/grid2/vuhdo offer.

I've tried to post my ui a few times now, but my posts aren't showing up. Any reason why this is?

There might be a minimum post count before you can post links, that might be related.
    Though I thought it was lower than that you have already reached.

Just tried again. It says a moderator must approve it before its posted. First time I tried was sometime yesterday, so I guess they just haven't got round to it yet.

If you mean posting a UI compilation on a site like wowinterface/curse etc then yes thats a normal process to prevent malicious or other content being spread through that means.
    Never having done it myself I cannot tell you from experience how long that will take.

Quote Originally Posted by Velran View Post
    I've tried to post my ui a few times now, but my posts aren't showing up. Any reason why this is?
    Might've been your low postcount, I dont know how much you need to post links but thats prolly why.

Just tried again. It says a moderator must approve it before its posted. First time I tried was sometime yesterday, so I guess they just haven't got round to it yet.
    The posts got caught by our automated spam filter for some reason. I approved one of them now and deleted the rest. Sorry for the confusion.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

First i've heard of a spam filter here.
    Then again lack of hearing about it means its doing its job, even if overzealous in this case.

It usually only catches very short posts containing links.
    Example:
    Check this out.
    I guess it interpreted "Text: link Text: link" as spam. Just guessing here though.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Idle

Raid

Not a bad UI, actually. I do have a question - if you're blocking off so much of your bottom with solid backgrounds, why not set it up with a viewport addon to just create a black bar on the bottom? This will give you a couple of bonuses - none of the rendered world will be "hidden" behind your bottom panels, and it'll give you an even wider field of view, without missing any of the stuff on bottom/top.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Not a bad UI, actually. I do have a question - if you're blocking off so much of your bottom with solid backgrounds, why not set it up with a viewport addon to just create a black bar on the bottom? This will give you a couple of bonuses - none of the rendered world will be "hidden" behind your bottom panels, and it'll give you an even wider field of view, without missing any of the stuff on bottom/top.
    Thanks for the tip

Personally, I don't think i'd feel comfortable using a viewport, but I may look into it in the future if I decide to revamp my UI. My current UI deviates quite abit from the bottom section of the screen, so i'd have to make more than a few modifications to use a viewport. I also like the feel of being able to see through the gaps between the boxes, and having the "uneveness" as it were, of not having everything shoved into the bottom section. But as I mainly play fulled zoomed out at camera distance 4 or whatever it is, I never miss anything and usually spot more than others

I've never really been able to find the space for all my "essential" addons, but I think with this UI it's pretty much the closest I can get to fitting it all in without it looking messy and confusing. Most premade UI's always look really nice and clean, but then they usually don't have half the addons I use, and have no extra space to put them. Time to buy 2 extra monitors to have a super clean UI methinks

Edit: Damnit, looking at all these UI's has inspired to make a new one even though I barely just finished that one
    Last edited by Velran; 2010-08-18 at 12:41 AM.

This is what it looks like atm. Modified TukUI with some extra addons. There are some hidden bars I forgot to show but w/e :P

Proper linkage according to guidelines.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by Treeston; 2010-08-18 at 07:28 AM.
    http://fujione.deviantart.com/ - My work.

.::|Offical member of the "Rerolling tank in Cataclysm" club|::.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post

This is what it looks like atm. Modified TukUI with some extra addons. There are some hidden bars I forgot to show but w/e :P
    That is the worst UI I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Issyle View Post
    That is the worst UI I have ever seen.
    I've seen worse, but that is pretty awful. Never EVER crowd the center of your screen like that, and don't use bottom panels that obscure your vision.