Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational View Post
    I have checked out all of the ones on WOWI but none of them do what i would like them to, not sure id have the knowledge to reskin/code them to do what i want.
    What is it you want a tooltip addon to do ?
    If we knew what your requirements were we might be able to be more specific in our suggestions.
    I have found Startip to be pretty flexible, and supporting the use of individual scripts to add a functionality should it not be present by default.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What is it you want a tooltip addon to do ?
    If we knew what your requirements were we might be able to be more specific in our suggestions.
    I have found Startip to be pretty flexible, and supporting the use of individual scripts to add a functionality should it not be present by default.
    With Tiptac i was able to change the fonts/textures and have it show debuffs on hover, aswell as a health bar, id like to have it the same font and texture as the rest of my ui, with my lack of knowledge you would have to walk me through it

I have checked out all of the ones on WOWI but none of them do what i would like them to, not sure id have the knowledge to reskin/code them to do what i want.
    You can always start from something you feel good enough and edit it. Just try it
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    You can always start from something you feel good enough and edit it. Just try it
    do you mean take the code from another addon?

No. That would be stealing Look for an addon that goes near the things you want from it, then edit it and adapt for your needs.

Deleted
    my main problem is having a very limited lua knowledge, will have a blast next time im afking in org :P
    any links for coding addons that would give me some pointers?

---------- Post added 2011-07-15 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No. That would be stealing Look for an addon that goes near the things you want from it, then edit it and adapt for your needs.
    i didnt mean stealing the code from another addon, i meant use it and give credit for the code / ask the author for permisson to edit his code :>

Deleted
    my main problem is having a very limited lua knowledge, will have a blast next time im afking in org :P
    Most addon authors will be happy to explain their code to you if they're not too busy. Feel free to ping me on IRC sometime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Most addon authors will be happy to explain their code to you if they're not too busy. Feel free to ping me on IRC sometime.
    I wouldnt know where to start to be honest, id love to be able to just "fix" tiptac for my own use but im just sitting here staring at the code scratching my head

I wouldnt know where to start to be honest, id love to be able to just "fix" tiptac for my own use but im just sitting here staring at the code scratching my head
    I'm confused as to what you are attempting to do with TipTac that you cannot achieve by using the in-game options panel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    I'm confused as to what you are attempting to do with TipTac that you cannot achieve by using the in-game options panel.
    id like to change the textures / font / background colours. If your referring to the tiptac in game options. they dont work on my version of Tiptac :<<

10+ Year Old Account
    id like to change the textures / font / background colours. If your referring to the tiptac in game options. they dont work on my version of Tiptac :<<
    Kinda sounds like you're only using Tiptac Talents instead of the full Tiptac addon.

@Ish (and everyone else): How the hell i can filter my buffs/debuffs? I just use an addon for skinning them, nothing more. Is there a method to check for buff duration (and then sort them by that)?

Raven as well
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Blah. Don't want to add another addon I'll do some research, there should be an easy way to sort buffs/debuffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greevir View Post
    Kinda sounds like you're only using Tiptac Talents instead of the full Tiptac addon.
    i have the full addon, when i type /tiptac nothing happens
    i have it enabled + have "load out of date" addons ticked

10+ Year Old Account
    i have the full addon, when i type /tiptac nothing happens
    i have it enabled + have "load out of date" addons ticked
    Where did you get it from? Mine is working flawlessly.

Self made.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-16 at 01:55 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you don't have the "Tiptac Options" addon disabled, as well.

Coldkil, there really isn't any easy way to sort Buffs/Debuffs - especially if you want to be able to click-remove buffs. The secureheader for the buffs allows limited sorting options, but to change it from WoW's default requires writing an addon to display your buffs. You can do MORE sorting and filtering if you don't mind not being able to right-click-remove buffs on yourself - Satrina's is proof of this, the amount of filtering and sorting it's capable of is nothing less than amazing.

Deleted

Heres my Moonkin's current. I quite like it actually. Another icon appears on the other side for the other trinket proc, simmilar to the Volcano one there. I'm still looking for a good place to put a power torrent icon.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-17 at 01:11 AM.