Thread: Post Your UI

re: Skada font shadow
    Open bardisplay.lua, go to (should be line 277),
    -- Class color text.
    local color = Skada.classcolors[data.class]
    if color then
    bar.label:SetTextColor(color.r, color.g, color.b, color.a or 1)
    bar.timerLabel:SetTextColor(color.r, color.g, color.b, color.a or 1)
    end
    else
    -- Default color text.
    bar.label:SetTextColor(1,1,1,1)
    bar.timerLabel:SetTextColor(1,1,1,1)
    end
    and add
    bar.label:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    bar.timerlabel:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    to each of the text color options (so class color and default color should have a shadowoffset setting).

High Overlord
    Thanks Quse im gonna try that !

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 12:21 AM ----------

Thx it worked, i actually had that code yesterday but i think i added it somewhere else

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 12:46 AM ----------

Looks almost done only totemtimer that change borders when i drop them down and i havent found a single post on how to make the timers outlinedmonochrome, changing their size doesnt seem to work either.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-02-01 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post
    Im using colortools it works fine, its just that when i look at my screen the other half of the screen seems darker :S so its hard to make it right.

Anyways i fooled around some.

Since I have to nitpick. Isn't it easier to show your buffs with the lowest duration last? You still need to fix the spacing between buffs too the distance between your minnimap + first buff would be nice.

Also, your UF's might look more polished if the health and mana values are aligned with the mana bar. so health aligned to the left a pixel or 2-3 above the mana bar, same for mana on the right.

Now to find a good spot for that Totemtimer thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Since I have to nitpick. Isn't it easier to show your buffs with the lowest duration last? You still need to fix the spacing between buffs too the distance between your minnimap + first buff would be nice.

Also, your UF's might look more polished if the health and mana values are aligned with the mana bar. so health aligned to the left a pixel or 2-3 above the mana bar, same for mana on the right.

Now to find a good spot for that Totemtimer thing...
    If he is showing Cds in the middle the totemtimers could go horizontally under his player UF.

High Overlord
    I could probably put tt under my uf or something just need to find a place for it, @ led isnt my buffs showing the lowest timer last near map, what i can see atleast.

Maybe i could extend the mana bar so it aligns with the numbers than putting the numbers more inside, oh well gonna see what i can do.

@ Led
    I told him earlier to align his texts and swap his buff flow, I think he was overwhelmed at first with all the adjustments

I will post a picture of my totem addon shortly Munckin

I could probably put tt under my uf or something just need to find a place for it, @ led isnt my buffs showing the lowest timer last near map, what i can see atleast.

Maybe i could extend the mana bar so it aligns with the numbers than putting the numbers more inside, oh well gonna see what i can do.
    This is how I handle my Totem Bar. Just realized I forgot to put it back on Monochrome, I was testing the shadow on it, bah.

<3
    Ish

*edit* I've been meaning to configure DBM, hehe.
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2012-02-01 at 03:25 AM.

High Overlord
    Looks good ish but is that totemtimer or some other totem addon?

Yeah but I meant for the buffs with lowest duration to be at the end of the row, not the beginning. I guess it's just what you're used too. I hid my buffs and minimap in combat anyway.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Yeah but I meant for the buffs with lowest duration to be at the end of the row, not the beginning. I guess it's just what you're used too. I hid my buffs and minimap in combat anyway.
    Aha the opposite way, i guess im more used this way, need to find a balance between good and user compatibility :P

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 04:45 PM ----------

I went back to my old fonts and borders, wasnt that user friendly for me atleast,

Changed my UI soooooooo much

In combat
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-02-01 at 06:15 PM.

Just a concept for now, what do you guys think ?

http://i.imgur.com/oiiAW.jpg

Still deciding where to put buffs/debuffs and raid frames

The chat frame isn't that important :\

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    The chat frame isn't that important :\
    For me it is, I will be frapsing kills and streaming on Twitch, and because of that, I'd much prefer a definite chat frame ontop of which I will overlay my guild name/etc

Hope that made sense
    Last edited by Lolhand; 2012-02-02 at 01:40 AM.

Pretty cool, but it will be hard to create good uf's for it

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolhand View Post

http://i.imgur.com/oiiAW.jpg

You should use a pixel font, imo.

and it would be nice to see the unit-frames too.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (when I bother) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Munqen was so kind as to give me the download link for his UI and help me on Skype, here's the result:

http://i.imgur.com/olq6C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Munqen was so kind as to give me the download link for his UI and help me on Skype, here's the result:

That Looks really nice, very clean.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lolhand View Post

I like that look.

Hey guys! I have edited QulightUI for my own special needs, and would like some feedback and constructive ideas for developing the current setup!
    The edit is done mostly through notepad++, so it would be something familiar to a TukUI edit.

First Screen:
    The first screenshot is showing the basic layout of the UI. Seen elements are; Player, Target, ToT + Raid.

Second Screen:
    The second screen is showing the arena unitframes, which I have added an aura timer + trinket timer to. It also shows how the UI uses Aurora for frame customizing.

BTW: You can see that the buff layouts are slightly different at the two pics. The second screen is the one with my current buff layout.

Hope you like it! Please, enlighten me with some ideas to improve my UI! I'm also open to answering any questions you would have concerning my UI.