Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by BullzRulez View Post
    I see this kind of (combat) UI alot, and I can help wondering why there's nog actionbars visible (during combat), anyone care to explain how one can manage to combat without actionbars?
    Sure but first give me a reason why you actually need actionbars visible in combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Sure but first give me a reason why you actually need actionbars visible in combat?
    Seeing your cooldowns? I have 2x action bars so I can see what cooldowns I have available. But I PvP mainly where it matters I guess, in PvE you need less cooldowns.
    loljk

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Seeing your cooldowns? I have 2x action bars so I can see what cooldowns I have available. But I PvP mainly where it matters I guess, in PvE you need less cooldowns.
    You need plenty of cooldowns in pve. The exact number of which varies per class. However many UI's track CDs with other methods including power/weak aura's icons, bars, or icons.

Note on the very UI that you quoted it had CDs (Prayer of Mending, HolyFire) in a bar style (not action bar).

Quote Originally Posted by BullzRulez View Post
    I see this kind of (combat) UI alot, and I can help wondering why there's nog actionbars visible (during combat), anyone care to explain how one can manage to combat without actionbars?
    I track my cooldowns using WeakAuras. This way I can filter away all the unnecessary icons. The goal is of course to only show cooldowns when they are relevant.

High Overlord
    I think its good to have 2 different addons showing cds, one where the buttons dont dissapear when its off cd and 1 when that dissapears when its off, that way u wont lose time thinking , hmm what spell havent i casted now, if u really care about not losing about 1 sec casting a new spell , thats what i do atleast

i like actionbars, and i use my version of omnicc to display cooldowns. Still i use an uaura tracker to look at determined buffs (debuffs are displayed on target frame)
    ColdUI
    Rogue PvE Guide
    #ThankYouTaker
    D3 Profile
    Rogue (frozen)

You can check one of the kill videos to see it in action
    13/13HC

#Acherus (storm.coldront.net) - Death Knight IRC

Changed my UI again, think I like the result. Anyone knows why the image always gets lower quality?
    Last edited by Defect; 2012-03-15 at 05:56 AM.

I believe the image quality is due to to the imagehost, cost-saving by compressing the images more to save bandwidth.

Should also save your screenshots in .tga then convert them manually if you'd like top quality.

/console screenshotFormat tga

If you want to make sure you're snapping in top jpg quality use this:

/console screenshotFormat jpg (if you typed the previous command first)
    /console screenshotQuality 10 (ensures highest jpg quality)

Aside from that, choose another image hosting website =/

Defect,

Would you mind sharing the addon you are using for the nameplates and eventually the font if it is not included into the addon ?

Thanks,
    Eleane.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleane View Post
    Defect,

Would you mind sharing the addon you are using for the nameplates and eventually the font if it is not included into the addon ?

Thanks,
    Eleane.
    The font looks like BIGNOODLETITLING but I could be wrong.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6...2912185121.jpg

Made minor changes since this was taken but haven't been on the game since I made the changes (yesterday, lol). Took out focus bar on SUF and added Serenity. Removed debuffs on target frame and used the serenity debuff duration bar.

My modified version of Rekcinad ui (now discontinued)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6...2912185121.jpg

Made minor changes since this was taken but haven't been on the game since I made the changes (yesterday, lol). Took out focus bar on SUF and added Serenity. Removed debuffs on target frame and used the serenity debuff duration bar.
    Nice simple UI, I kinda like it

This is my ui when i am in fire spec and in fight

Addons
    Circle cast bar (personal version)
    Weak auras
    Bartender
    Stuf
    Grid
    Combustion helper

This is for fire spec with some trinkets, effect change a bit when swap to arcane spec with different trinkets and debuff
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-03-18 at 07:52 PM.

how can you see what is happening / boss mechanics with all that clutter on your screen?

headphones
    all tga have trasparency
    every advice cd spawn just up Stuff u.f.

in this way you have all cds info at center of screen, trust me this ui let me focus more of a ui with bars placed in every corner of screen

p.s. i pop all cd/effect at same time just for screenshot, usually they spawn just when ready o when they reach a prefedinited number of stacks
    Last edited by Adclaw; 2012-03-18 at 05:49 PM.

Orgrimmar chilling:

http://i.imgur.com/zLBgi.jpg

Trash:

http://i.imgur.com/ShzXs.jpg

Boss:

http://i.imgur.com/4QHO3.jpg

It's a version YumakoUI modified to work on a TV screen res.