Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post

I've picked up some new hardware and have a few ideas for now to make an interesting UI.
    I blew everything out and I'm starting from scratch.

Day 1: make some unit frames that update on events that I've fired rather than on combat log events. That'll let me put a "processor" between the combat log and the things that display data and do "clever tricks".

I've lugged all the televisions into the house to make one giant wall of video-game nerdiness (and to test performance of an eyefinity setup). It's been pretty good so far: I'm probably going to go buy some regular computer monitors and keep it permanently. For now the giant pixels on the tv screens made pixel fonts actually viable - normally I hate those.
    If you don't mind me asking, what font are you using for your cast bar text? I know it's a pixel font but it's one I particularly like but I sadly can't seem to find anywhere :<

I've picked up some new hardware and have a few ideas for now to make an interesting UI.
    I blew everything out and I'm starting from scratch.

Day 1: make some unit frames that update on events that I've fired rather than on combat log events. That'll let me put a "processor" between the combat log and the things that display data and do "clever tricks".

I've lugged all the televisions into the house to make one giant wall of video-game nerdiness (and to test performance of an eyefinity setup). It's been pretty good so far: I'm probably going to go buy some regular computer monitors and keep it permanently. For now the giant pixels on the tv screens made pixel fonts actually viable - normally I hate those.
    What font is that for the names of yourself and target? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwair View Post
    Avanti, or less likely Century Gothic.

They're both very similar.

http://www.911fonts.com/font/downloa...ular_14179.htm
    http://www.911fonts.com/font/downloa...gular_4365.htm
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-07-01 at 02:00 PM.

Once again you deliver a sweet UI. Will there be a YT series of how to set this up aswell?
    Looking forward to seeing more on this.
    No Envy, No Fear

If you don't mind me asking, what font are you using for your cast bar text? I know it's a pixel font but it's one I particularly like but I sadly can't seem to find anywhere
    The pixel font is called Seven 7. I'm 99% sure it's just a free font but I can't find the original designer's site to be sure. A google search will offer you a million different places you can download it. I don't want to just post it as a zip incase I'm wrong about it being free.

Cowt guessed correct - it's century gothic - it comes bundled with many popular addons and (i think) Windows or Microsoft Office too.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

The pixel font is called Seven 7. I'm 99% sure it's just a free font but I can't find the original designer's site to be sure. A google search will offer you a million different places you can download it. I don't want to just post it as a zip incase I'm wrong about it being free.
    Thanks, much appreciated :>

*correction, the font name is "sevenet 7"
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Andosup View Post
    On the discussion of the default ui. It's not as bad as it used to be. Atleast now you can have party frames look like raid frames and the ability to move/unlock the player/target frames. My main problem with the default used to be the frames being so far away up in the corner. Target debuffs, health, spell cd's and your own raidawareness too far away from each other. It's ok now tho :> atleast just to play beta.
    Hey! I rlly like ur UI, its so clean.
    Would be nice if you could share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Once again you deliver a sweet UI. Will there be a YT series of how to set this up aswell?
    Looking forward to seeing more on this.
    That setup is fairly involved - it's got a one-off addon, a metric crapload of one-off lua, and some pretty hacked up pitbull code to make it all work.
    I thought about adding it as a trick to my weak auras series (because you can do that sort of thing with it) but I decided against it when I realized the topics are fairly complicated to explain to non-programmers.

This time I'm keeping track of where I got fonts/audio/etc, I'm avoiding stuff I wouldn't be able to distribute (like expensive fonts) and planning ahead to have permission to distribute addons with my additions. If all that falls through, I've got git racking my changes to addons so I could just toss up some diffs and you could make my UI in 10 seconds.

No promises yet, but I'm planning ahead for sharing my UI way more than I have in the past. Look for more closer to patch 5.0

[...]
    Decied to try out a retro wotlk style minimalistic setup. I'm not sure which one is best. :< Help?

I like this one more... except some small things (I am no fan of pixel fonts in chats, urgs).

Quote Originally Posted by pitschi View Post
    Hey! I rlly like ur UI, its so clean.
    Would be nice if you could share it.
    The new one or the old one? I can't give out the old one because it relies too much on shared media and somehow breaks if you turn off atlasloot_loader. I'll consider it for the new one, but it wouldn't really support different resolutions much, so you'd have to move some things yourself (mainly stuf) to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I like this one more... except some small things (I am no fan of pixel fonts in chats, urgs).
    Yeah I've setteled for the new one as well. More space between stuff made it alot less chaotic. As for the chat pixel font, it's the most readable one I've ever found. Just can't seem to go back to a non pixel perfect, solid, font anymore. And I normally try and use as few fonts as possible. ^^; A lowercase Hooge for chat, chat bubble and tooltip, a uppercase one* for unitframes, grid, dbm and nameplates, and prototype for raid warnings / special warnings and player names (non nameplate ones).

*I may have edited the uppercase hooge a bit, no clue if thats allowed ;_;
    Sheltrs @ Tumblr - Art, gaming, music and other bullshit

The new one or the old one? I can't give out the old one because it relies too much on shared media and somehow breaks if you turn off atlasloot_loader. I'll consider it for the new one, but it wouldn't really support different resolutions much, so you'd have to move some things yourself (mainly stuf) to install.

Yeah I've setteled for the new one as well. More space between stuff made it alot less chaotic. As for the chat pixel font, it's the most readable one I've ever found. Just can't seem to go back to a non pixel perfect, solid, font anymore. And I normally try and use as few fonts as possible. ^^; A lowercase Hooge for chat, chat bubble and tooltip, a uppercase one* for unitframes, grid, dbm and nameplates, and prototype for raid warnings / special warnings and player names (non nameplate ones).

*I may have edited the uppercase hooge a bit, no clue if thats allowed ;_;
    I talked about the new one, it's great My Monitor is on 1920x1080 Resolution. If you need someone for beta test, just PM me

That setup is fairly involved - it's got a one-off addon, a metric crapload of one-off lua, and some pretty hacked up pitbull code to make it all work.
    I thought about adding it as a trick to my weak auras series (because you can do that sort of thing with it) but I decided against it when I realized the topics are fairly complicated to explain to non-programmers.

This time I'm keeping track of where I got fonts/audio/etc, I'm avoiding stuff I wouldn't be able to distribute (like expensive fonts) and planning ahead to have permission to distribute addons with my additions. If all that falls through, I've got git racking my changes to addons so I could just toss up some diffs and you could make my UI in 10 seconds.

No promises yet, but I'm planning ahead for sharing my UI way more than I have in the past. Look for more closer to patch 5.0
    Well GL with that man. Can't wait to see what you're gonna come up with next.
    No Envy, No Fear

I don't really need more tbh. And it's 5760*1080 as far as I can tell, Joyful.

P.S. Hi Qesh or w/e your priests name is now :d
    Last edited by Xintic; 2014-12-14 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post

I don't really need more tbh. And it's 5760*1080 as far as I can tell, Joyful.

P.S. Hi Qesh or w/e your priests name is now :d
    I see you're still in your default ui phase, eh :P

and yeh. I've had a diablo funded race change AND namechange since you left. Cba with people giving me genital related nicknames man. Srs.

- - - - - -

Added some shiz (better buff/debuff timer text, matching floating combat text, ex/rep bar), swapped tictac with freebtip (managing to keep the look, 'cept for slightly thicker healthbar), leaving me with only stuf, grid and tellmewhen having resolution issues if I plan on uploading the ui. :>

Random alt shots with shiz
    Sheltrs @ Tumblr - Art, gaming, music and other bullshit

On the discussion of the default ui. It's not as bad as it used to be. Atleast now you can have party frames look like raid frames and the ability to move/unlock the player/target frames. My main problem with the default used to be the frames being so far away up in the corner. Target debuffs, health, spell cd's and your own raidawareness too far away from each other. It's ok now tho :> atleast just to play beta.

--------

Decied to try out a retro wotlk style minimalistic setup. I'm not sure which one is best. :< Help?

What addon do you use for the unit frames? Is it part of a total UI conversion mod?

Quote Originally Posted by transorD View Post
    What addon do you use for the unit frames? Is it part of a total UI conversion mod?
    He is using Stuf for his unit frames

Added some shiz (better buff/debuff timer text, matching floating combat text, ex/rep bar), swapped tictac with freebtip (managing to keep the look, 'cept for slightly thicker healthbar), leaving me with only stuf, grid and tellmewhen having resolution issues if I plan on uploading the ui. :>

Random alt shots with shiz
    what addon do you use for the party frames?

Probably grid or vuhdo.

Pit Lord
    more like a customized oUF/stuf/whatever