Last edited by Senit; 2012-07-28 at 11:25 PM.
- Where are you raid frames placed? Feels like you have no good spot to place raid frames with that UI.
- How do you track enemy debuffs? Or do you feel you don't need to do that?
- Where do you track your cooldowns? By watching the actionbar at the bottom right?
- Don't you think your "box" of information in the middle is a bit too high up, making you unable to see things below your character such as fires, raid members etc.?
- Why do you click on your focus target? Just takes unneccessary space to put it right in the middle for no good reason.
- How do you see shit with those large nameplates?
- Last but not least, where is your damage meter?=)
Last edited by Ariadne; 2012-07-28 at 11:38 PM.
Last edited by Pixil; 2012-07-29 at 12:10 AM.
Last edited by Treeston; 2012-07-29 at 03:48 PM.
AkA Companiet !
Above the chat
I never really found myself having to look at the enemy debuffs in PvE, so I just removed them. DBM tells me everything I need to know.
I only have 1 cooldown as affli, haunt and that always comes off CD before the dot expires so there is 0 need to track it.
Ive have been getting that criticism a lot, I am contemplating putting it lower, but when I do that what happens is I tend to stare at the timers and boss health and lose focus of whats happening.
I focus the boss so that I can switch to him quickly, and so I can cast spells by mousing over the unit frame.
My screen is actually larger than what you see there, I see what I need to see fine, having large nameplates helps me, if they aren't large I dont care about them.
Trying not to use it. Its a memory hog and I feel like it's a crutch for me, I always not know I am doing good DPS, this is something I do not want. A lot of people dont use damage meters.
Minimap is actually hidden there, oops :P It's out when it needs to be.
Last edited by Wapetufo; 2012-07-29 at 09:26 AM.
- Having your raid frames tucked away in a corner will take unnecessary amount of attention to keep track of the raid's health. I've noticed that people having their raid frames like that don't notice when people die instantly.
This is especially true for combat ressers. I am not saying it is impossible to see when someone dies but most people I know that have good awareness in raids don't have their raid frames like that. You will notice that some combat ressers are like ready to ress you before you die because they are constantly keeping tabs on each raid memeber's health and as soon as you die they will cast ress.
- If you don't track debuffs, how do you see Earth and Moon from Boomkins? How do you see which adds are already dotted from other players? How do you track important boss buffs?
- Don't Affliction Warlock track Demon Soul, Shadowflame, trinkets, Bane of Doom?
- Why not use target macros or focus macros? /target focus for example.
- Your screen being large does not take away the fact that your nameplates cover up a larger area than "normal" nameplates, making you unable to see what is behind them.
- I don't know if you do progression raiding but being able to see how you perform after every try is crucial to performing at top level. Also being able to see who did damage to adds, how much they did to them is also very good.
I enable the ones I need to see.
I track demon soul. No we don't need to track shadowflame it's mostly never used. I also track trinkets and BoD (i forgot to use it in the screenie).
Clicking/macros, same thing, having it clickable is just a luxury, why are you making it a point, that is such a nitpick it's unbelievable.
I have recount installed, just not displayed.
You enable the ones you need? Where are they placed? The same place as your DoTs? So you are tracking DoTs from all other classes?
What if Shadowflame is used, like on Ultraxion? Where do you track cooldowns like BoD and trinkets?
I am making a point because you have the largest focus frame I've seen covering the middle of your screen for no reason. You don't even need to show focus frame yet you have it in the worst place ever. That is why you use macros instead. It is like having your actionbars right in the middle because you click spells instead of binding them. But maybe you click all your macros?
You wrote a post "showing" people how to make a clean UI and how it should look like. However, having an UI like yours will most likely lead to sub-optimal play. Just because you don't care about not knowing your raid member's status does not make it useless information. You being OK with combat ressing people 5 seconds after they die doesn't make placing your raid frames in a corner good. Just because you are fine with it doesn't make it right and I think it is quite silly that you try to give others advice about how a clean UI should look like.
As for the CR stuff. When someone dies I can see it anyway from the side of the screen, its not a big deal. They will also say "I'm dead", so I will know as soon as they die, having the raid frames in the middle or on the side wont delay my reactions. If someone else wants to put it in the middle then put it in the middle, it might work for them but I don't like it. That is just personal preference.
Btw is that a customized ElvUI you are using ?
Last edited by Wapetufo; 2012-07-29 at 11:29 AM.
Is there any way I could get those borders on everything without installing tukui?
I made the UI myself and the unit frames are STUF.
Made some more minor changes, managed to get the enemy castbar to look better and i changed the targets buffs so the omnicc text dont go in to each other.
A download will be up on wowinterface.com in the near future for the following resolutions -> 1280 x 1024, 1680 x 1050 and 1920 x 1080.
Last edited by Treeston; 2012-07-30 at 02:42 PM.
"Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."
It also looks a little strange having a Diablo style health bar, with a bar for mana dont you think?
Your buffs haven't been moved at all so there is a gap from your minimap which is now down below
Most importantly, you dont have;
Hammer of Justice
Lay on Hands
Hammer of the Righteousness
Bound at all? Aside from HotR those are your defensive CD's?
You guys QQ about how bad Blizz's Development team is... DO you have ANY idea how hard it is to kill Brock's Onyx with a Pikachu?! Yeah GG Nintendo