Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #6101
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Made some minor changes to my UI, added a power frame for my target and changed + minimized my pets health bar, i also changed the look on my NTK timers and the size/position of my castbar.

    Idle with target


    Combat with NTK and castbar visable


    How Bigwigs looks, really hate that there is no borders for it and that you can't anchor/parent any KGpanels to them.
    Damnit! I was happy with my UI until I saw this. Now I need to make adjustments
    Curse you and your awesome UI!

  2. #6102
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Damnit! I was happy with my UI until I saw this. Now I need to make adjustments
    Curse you and your awesome UI!
    Thanks mate

  3. #6103
    Field Marshal Senit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    87
    Minimalistic UIs aren't difficult >.<
    Idle
    Combat
    Raid
    Download link in signature, if you're interested.
    Last edited by Senit; 2012-07-28 at 11:25 PM.
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

  4. #6104
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    So I have been seeing a lot of people posting clusterfuck UI's and asking for suggestions. Heres mine, clean it up. The point of a custom UI is to make your UI clean, and to remove useless information, instead, people shove tonnes of crap on the screen that they dont need to see. So here is mine:http://i.imgur.com/fl5c7.jpg.
    Your UI leaves me with a few questions:

    • Where are you raid frames placed? Feels like you have no good spot to place raid frames with that UI.
    • How do you track enemy debuffs? Or do you feel you don't need to do that?
    • Where do you track your cooldowns? By watching the actionbar at the bottom right?
    • Don't you think your "box" of information in the middle is a bit too high up, making you unable to see things below your character such as fires, raid members etc.?
    • Why do you click on your focus target? Just takes unneccessary space to put it right in the middle for no good reason.
    • How do you see shit with those large nameplates?
    • Last but not least, where is your damage meter?=)
    Last edited by Ariadne; 2012-07-28 at 11:38 PM.

  5. #6105
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Your UI leaves me with a few questions:

    • Where are you raid frames placed? Feels like you have no good spot to place raid frames with that UI.
    • How do you track enemy debuffs? Or do you feel you don't need to do that?
    • Where do you track your cooldowns? By watching the actionbar at the bottom right?
    • Don't you think your "box" of information in the middle is a bit too high up, making you unable to see things below your character such as fires, raid members etc.?
    • Why do you click on your focus target? Just takes unneccessary space to put it right in the middle for no good reason.
    • How do you see shit with those large nameplates?
    • Last but not least, where is your damage meter?=)
    I'd like to add 'Where is your mini-map?' to this list :P
    I would assume the answer would be "It's not important". However, finding out where the elemental mob spawns on Hagara for example, would be a pain without a mini-map showing you which way is North :P
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-07-29 at 12:10 AM.

  6. #6106
    The Patient Monarken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by deusDEX View Post
    <snip>

    Updated affinitii's ui so it works for Mistweavers on Beta, ive added a few changes and some weak auras for monks, all credit goes out to Affinitii for compiling the UI and all the addon creators.

    -Ghost <Immersion>
    Great, great UI. Seen it on his stream. Do you know where to download it/is it updated?
    Also, are there any hidden actionbars in that screenshot? Would like a third actionbar (Guessing this is hidden, and to the right somewhere?)
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-07-29 at 03:48 PM.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

  7. #6107
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Companiet View Post
    Great, great UI. Seen it on his stream. Do you know where to download it/is it updated?
    Also, are there any hidden actionbars in that screenshot? Would like a third actionbar (Guessing this is hidden, and to the right somewhere?)
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=affinitii+ui

  8. #6108
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Your UI leaves me with a few questions:

    • Where are you raid frames placed? Feels like you have no good spot to place raid frames with that UI.
    • How do you track enemy debuffs? Or do you feel you don't need to do that?
    • Where do you track your cooldowns? By watching the actionbar at the bottom right?
    • Don't you think your "box" of information in the middle is a bit too high up, making you unable to see things below your character such as fires, raid members etc.?
    • Why do you click on your focus target? Just takes unneccessary space to put it right in the middle for no good reason.
    • How do you see shit with those large nameplates?
    • Last but not least, where is your damage meter?=)

    Above the chat

    I never really found myself having to look at the enemy debuffs in PvE, so I just removed them. DBM tells me everything I need to know.

    I only have 1 cooldown as affli, haunt and that always comes off CD before the dot expires so there is 0 need to track it.

    Ive have been getting that criticism a lot, I am contemplating putting it lower, but when I do that what happens is I tend to stare at the timers and boss health and lose focus of whats happening.

    I focus the boss so that I can switch to him quickly, and so I can cast spells by mousing over the unit frame.

    My screen is actually larger than what you see there, I see what I need to see fine, having large nameplates helps me, if they aren't large I dont care about them.

    Trying not to use it. Its a memory hog and I feel like it's a crutch for me, I always not know I am doing good DPS, this is something I do not want. A lot of people dont use damage meters.

    Minimap is actually hidden there, oops :P It's out when it needs to be.
    Last edited by Wapetufo; 2012-07-29 at 09:26 AM.

  9. #6109
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    1. Above the chat
    2. I never really found myself having to look at the enemy debuffs in PvE, so I just removed them. DBM tells me everything I need to know.
    3. I only have 1 cooldown as affli, haunt and that always comes off CD before the dot expires so there is 0 need to track it.
    4. Ive have been getting that criticism a lot, I am contemplating putting it lower, but when I do that what happens is I tend to stare at the timers and boss health and lose focus of whats happening.
    5. I focus the boss so that I can switch to him quickly, and so I can cast spells by mousing over the unit frame.
    6. My screen is actually larger than what you see there, I see what I need to see fine, having large nameplates helps me, if they aren't large I dont care about them.
    7. Trying not to use it. Its a memory hog and I feel like it's a crutch for me, I always not know I am doing good DPS, this is something I do not want. A lot of people dont use damage meters.
    1. Having your raid frames tucked away in a corner will take unnecessary amount of attention to keep track of the raid's health. I've noticed that people having their raid frames like that don't notice when people die instantly.

      This is especially true for combat ressers. I am not saying it is impossible to see when someone dies but most people I know that have good awareness in raids don't have their raid frames like that. You will notice that some combat ressers are like ready to ress you before you die because they are constantly keeping tabs on each raid memeber's health and as soon as you die they will cast ress.

    2. If you don't track debuffs, how do you see Earth and Moon from Boomkins? How do you see which adds are already dotted from other players? How do you track important boss buffs?

    3. Don't Affliction Warlock track Demon Soul, Shadowflame, trinkets, Bane of Doom?

    4. Ok.

    5. Why not use target macros or focus macros? /target focus for example.

    6. Your screen being large does not take away the fact that your nameplates cover up a larger area than "normal" nameplates, making you unable to see what is behind them.

    7. I don't know if you do progression raiding but being able to see how you perform after every try is crucial to performing at top level. Also being able to see who did damage to adds, how much they did to them is also very good.

  10. #6110
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    1. Having your raid frames tucked away in a corner will take unnecessary amount of attention to keep track of the raid's health. I've noticed that people having their raid frames like that don't notice when people die instantly.

      This is especially true for combat ressers. I am not saying it is impossible to see when someone dies but most people I know that have good awareness in raids don't have their raid frames like that. You will notice that some combat ressers are like ready to ress you before you die because they are constantly keeping tabs on each raid memeber's health and as soon as you die they will cast ress.

    2. If you don't track debuffs, how do you see Earth and Moon from Boomkins? How do you see which adds are already dotted from other players? How do you track important boss buffs?

    3. Don't Affliction Warlock track Demon Soul, Shadowflame, trinkets, Bane of Doom?

    4. Ok.

    5. Why not use target macros or focus macros? /target focus for example.

    6. Your screen being large does not take away the fact that your nameplates cover up a larger area than "normal" nameplates, making you unable to see what is behind them.

    7. I don't know if you do progression raiding but being able to see how you perform after every try is crucial to performing at top level. Also being able to see who did damage to adds, how much they did to them is also very good.
    Ventrilo. Why would I shove the raid frames in the middle of my damn screen just because you like it there, I see most people have it on the side. I am DPS, I am not concerned with it, if someone dies they will say "Wape rez me".

    I enable the ones I need to see.

    I track demon soul. No we don't need to track shadowflame it's mostly never used. I also track trinkets and BoD (i forgot to use it in the screenie).

    Clicking/macros, same thing, having it clickable is just a luxury, why are you making it a point, that is such a nitpick it's unbelievable.

    I have recount installed, just not displayed.

  11. #6111
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Ventrilo. Why would I shove the raid frames in the middle of my damn screen just because you like it there, I see most people have it on the side. I am DPS, I am not concerned with it, if someone dies they will say "Wape rez me".

    I enable the ones I need to see.

    I track demon soul. No we don't need to track shadowflame it's mostly never used. I also track trinkets and BoD (i forgot to use it in the screenie).

    Clicking/macros, same thing, having it clickable is just a luxury, why are you making it a point, that is such a nitpick it's unbelievable.

    I have recount installed, just not displayed.
    For them to call ress in Ventrilo, it will take you at least 3 seconds to ress them. Maybe for you it is OK but in my opinion it is just horrible. You shove your raid farames near the middle because you are not playing a solo game. Knowing what is happening around you is crucial.

    You enable the ones you need? Where are they placed? The same place as your DoTs? So you are tracking DoTs from all other classes?

    What if Shadowflame is used, like on Ultraxion? Where do you track cooldowns like BoD and trinkets?

    I am making a point because you have the largest focus frame I've seen covering the middle of your screen for no reason. You don't even need to show focus frame yet you have it in the worst place ever. That is why you use macros instead. It is like having your actionbars right in the middle because you click spells instead of binding them. But maybe you click all your macros?

    You wrote a post "showing" people how to make a clean UI and how it should look like. However, having an UI like yours will most likely lead to sub-optimal play. Just because you don't care about not knowing your raid member's status does not make it useless information. You being OK with combat ressing people 5 seconds after they die doesn't make placing your raid frames in a corner good. Just because you are fine with it doesn't make it right and I think it is quite silly that you try to give others advice about how a clean UI should look like.

  12. #6112
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    For them to call ress in Ventrilo, it will take you at least 3 seconds to ress them. Maybe for you it is OK but in my opinion it is just horrible. You shove your raid farames near the middle because you are not playing a solo game. Knowing what is happening around you is crucial.

    You enable the ones you need? Where are they placed? The same place as your DoTs? So you are tracking DoTs from all other classes?

    What if Shadowflame is used, like on Ultraxion? Where do you track cooldowns like BoD and trinkets?

    I am making a point because you have the largest focus frame I've seen covering the middle of your screen for no reason. You don't even need to show focus frame yet you have it in the worst place ever. That is why you use macros instead. It is like having your actionbars right in the middle because you click spells instead of binding them. But maybe you click all your macros?

    You wrote a post "showing" people how to make a clean UI and how it should look like. However, having an UI like yours will most likely lead to sub-optimal play. Just because you don't care about not knowing your raid member's status does not make it useless information. You being OK with combat ressing people 5 seconds after they die doesn't make placing your raid frames in a corner good. Just because you are fine with it doesn't make it right and I think it is quite silly that you try to give others advice about how a clean UI should look like.
    Havnt you ever seen debuffs on pitbull? I dont track the CD of BoD I track the dot itself. As for the unit frames, I actually made them all smaller in general, esepcially the focus and moved it from the middle to above my targets unit frame, I didn't know what you were on about.

    As for the CR stuff. When someone dies I can see it anyway from the side of the screen, its not a big deal. They will also say "I'm dead", so I will know as soon as they die, having the raid frames in the middle or on the side wont delay my reactions. If someone else wants to put it in the middle then put it in the middle, it might work for them but I don't like it. That is just personal preference.

    Btw is that a customized ElvUI you are using ?
    Last edited by Wapetufo; 2012-07-29 at 11:29 AM.

  13. #6113
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Havnt you ever seen debuffs on pitbull? I dont track the CD of BoD I track the dot itself. As for the unit frames, I actually made them all smaller in general, esepcially the focus and moved it from the middle to above my targets unit frame, I didn't know what you were on about.

    As for the CR stuff. When someone dies I can see it anyway from the side of the screen, its not a big deal. They will also say "I'm dead", so I will know as soon as they die, having the raid frames in the middle or on the side wont delay my reactions. If someone else wants to put it in the middle then put it in the middle, it might work for them but I don't like it. That is just personal preference.

    Btw is that a customized ElvUI you are using ?
    Nice to see that you removed most of your first post. You seem to make stuff up as we go along...

    I am using an edited version of Tukui.

  14. #6114
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Nice to see that you removed most of your first post. You seem to make stuff up as we go along...

    I am using an edited version of Tukui.
    I removed it because you were right. And I am actually changing my UI right now according to your recommendations.

    At least im not a stubborn douche.

    Those borders, TukUI or masque?
    Last edited by Wapetufo; 2012-07-29 at 12:12 PM.

  15. #6115
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    I removed it because you were right. And I am actually changing my UI right now according to your recommendations.

    At least im not a stubborn douche.

    Those borders, TukUI or masque?
    Tukui, cohesioN's edit.

  16. #6116
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    Is there any way I could get those borders on everything without installing tukui?

  17. #6117
    Here is one with raid frames and targets castbar.



    As you can see there's a small pixel error on the right side on the targets castbar, this is a bug and sometimes it's good and sometimes not.
    Annoying as hell but there's nothing to be done about it:<
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-07-29 at 03:50 PM.

  18. #6118
    The Patient jries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Here is one with raid frames and targets castbar.

    [THIS WAS AN IMAGE LOL]

    As you can see there's a small pixel error on the right side on the targets castbar, this is a bug and sometimes it's good and sometimes not.
    Annoying as hell but there's nothing to be done about it:<
    I really like this. Did you make it yourself or is it a premade UI edit?(like TUK, etc.)

    Add me on LoL: jries
    Add me on XBL: jries1

  19. #6119
    Field Marshal Senit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Here is one with raid frames and targets castbar.

    /snip

    As you can see there's a small pixel error on the right side on the targets castbar, this is a bug and sometimes it's good and sometimes not.
    Annoying as hell but there's nothing to be done about it:<
    What are you using for your unit frames?
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

  20. #6120
    I made the UI myself and the unit frames are STUF.
    Made some more minor changes, managed to get the enemy castbar to look better and i changed the targets buffs so the omnicc text dont go in to each other.
    A download will be up on wowinterface.com in the near future for the following resolutions -> 1280 x 1024, 1680 x 1050 and 1920 x 1080.

    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-07-30 at 02:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •