Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    That looks so boring.. So standard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I just thought of a nice UI concept whilst eating my lunch. I'm actually tempted to download WoW and use my friends account to give it a whirl.

It would suit a raid leader; perhaps not everybody's cup of tea but you can't cater to everyone!
    Need moar info! I always love your ui's not always my taste but they are absolutely stunning. DO EET NAO!

throwing another concept i'm working to, while adding mosedrag to everyfarme and toggle on/off.

Don't care about mismatching fonts and such, still a WIP. Castbars and such already done.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    @Coldkil, I don't quite see the use for the boxes to be honest. If anything it seems to take away the focus from the health/power bars which is the whole point of UF's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know but if I made them that small then it wouldn't really be convenient for raiding would it? Like debuffs.
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    @Coldkil, I don't quite see the use for the boxes to be honest. If anything it seems to take away the focus from the health/power bars which is the whole point of UF's.
    The boxes just help to focus better on text (which is a thing i discovered i'm so much used to, and seems i'm not alone. I could put them externally of the bars, but still they won't be so visible like they're now.

In the screen they're not visible, but they works also as "separators" for castbar text and time, which are 2 things you certainly don't want to miss

Not trying to defend the layout, just explaining the reasons of my choice. Also every UI i made has a panel on unitframes, so it would have been bad if i simply got rid of them

EDIT: just noticing, the % symbol next hp percentage looks ugly EEWW
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-01-26 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: just noticing, the % symbol next hp percentage looks ugly EEWW
    I like the layout, don't care for the font though. Have a whole UI shot with cast bars by chance?

Have one at home, posting as soonas i return from work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I just thought of a nice UI concept whilst eating my lunch. I'm actually tempted to download WoW and use my friends account to give it a whirl.
    Do eet!

Deleted
    I've made a small video:
    youtube.com/watch?v=r_8yXZtiMWE&feature=youtu.be

Suggestions for improving the UI are very welcome!

Regards,
    boulder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshaw View Post
    In Combat :

I'm thinking the main font here is Expressway rg, right?
    Last edited by frantik; 2012-01-26 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    Remade my healingframes, kinda satisfied

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-26 at 07:26 PM.

i was asked for a full ui shot with the new layout and castbars

here it is (i modifield only the layout, i need still to redo/fix all the other plugins with fonts, new styles, etc)

here it is (i modifield only the layout, i need still to redo/fix all the other plugins with fonts, new styles, etc)
    I like it, looks really sharp!

And now that I can finally post links!

OOC:

Combat:

Raid:

Download link: Quse UI

1. I agree with Led about the paneling, and you know I am a paneling advocate, however I wouldn't put so much on top of the unit frame bars.
    2. I find it much easier to just rape your picture in photoshop rather than try to type out all the things I would try changing so here:

I stole some texts from your other screenshot to downsize your text panel since it was a bit wider than necessary.
    I feel like this layout still allows you to use a single panel on top of your bar but isn't nearly as distracting as your previous layout.

<3
    Ish
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-27 at 07:32 AM.

ohai Ish

I love how you find everythime what the farmes are missing or how they can be improved :P Going to fix the frames as you suggested and tbh i was going into a similar solution, but yours looks definitely better.

The only question would be: is the panel wide enough to contain the values at higher levels? I assume you thought them in short format as target hp. And will use more flashy colors for hp text

Need only to decide if when hp/mp are != max i'm going to show hp/mp percentage instead of the number. But it's something of less importance

EDIT: i continue to appreciate the feedback and criticism form everyone, thanks!

Deleted
    Well that's what I meant, the panel above a panel above a panel takes away the focus from all 3. And while you can't live without text (though imo you need very little text on UF's), a simple bar with good color differences gives you an immediate feeling of how much HP/mana you or your target has. It takes less time to recognize it.

On my UF's for example I only used to show HP lost (short style, ex: -51.2k) and my MaxHP and MaxPower on mouseover. Target frame just had Name on the left, and PercentageHP : CurrentHP (also in short style).

Well I can just post the picture -.-*

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a769a065

I don't feel you NEED to know any more information.

Percentage on target frame is just for encounters since basically all bosses enter specific scenarios at % of their HP. The CurrentHP is just so you have an idea how much HP the boss has left and you can quickly calculate how long it will take. Sometimes you just need to sit back while idling somewhere, look at your UI and ask yourself the question "Do I constantly have to see X-Addon or Y-text, and can I perhaps just show it at specific situations". Then you will achieve true minimalism without any loss of info.

Personally I like a certain amount of text when it comes to the resource because it can be informative in pvp, particularly with hybrids.
    I cannot readily tell the difference between a ret/prot or holy paladin by appearance or by buffs, but I can likely gain a good indication by their health and their mana amounts.
    Simply knowing the percentage, or not even knowing numbers at all might be fine the player frames but it does have some benefit for your target/focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Personally I like a certain amount of text when it comes to the resource because it can be informative in pvp, particularly with hybrids.
    I cannot readily tell the difference between a ret/prot or holy paladin by appearance or by buffs, but I can likely gain a good indication by their health and their mana amounts.
    Simply knowing the percentage, or not even knowing numbers at all might be fine the player frames but it does have some benefit for your target/focus.
    Well PvP is a whole other kind of thing and I'm quite sure my UI would be drastically different then. Hell perhaps an entire different profile for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been my main struggle. In PvE, you don't need to know about most things. In PvP, it suddenly becomes important to know if Wound Poison is up whereas you don't care in a raid as a Feral. Really, a multitude of other things needs to show. Same with buffs on an Enh shaman. You want to know when stuff goes up that you can purge.