Thread: Post Your UI

Mechagnome

I'm more of a "If the shit works, it works" kind of guy, and I don't really spend that much time on my ui.
    I don't have a pic of idle, but it's pretty much the same.
    The reason I have two bossmods (DXE and DBM) is because I prefer DBM but my guild requires DXE enabled (And I just have it enabled even though it doesn't matter anymore in ds).
    DXE overlapping with my buffs is something I've noticed, looks shitty, I will change that.
    Last edited by Valkiri; 2012-08-14 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    The post I quoted is a few weeks old but does anyone know if the poster has put out a download link or if it is a download from someone else?
    I believe that I'm the person you're looking for! I have no uploaded it, and not sure if I will. I'll inform you if I do though!

Pix! On your critque. Everything is fixed, ill post is shortly. But about skada, its just the screenshot. Couldn't really do anything about it, Im thinking about uploaded a UI vid just so you all can see how i view it. On a side note, I need help with my Unit frames. I just feel like they are either to bland or they need something. Anyone can hit me up with ideas!

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Pix! On your critque. Everything is fixed, ill post is shortly. But about skada, its just the screenshot. Couldn't really do anything about it, Im thinking about uploaded a UI vid just so you all can see how i view it. On a side note, I need help with my Unit frames. I just feel like they are either to bland or they need something. Anyone can hit me up with ideas!
    As a side-note, Ricen, I would suggest fixing your chat frame; text seems to be overlapping.
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    As a side-note, Ricen, I would suggest fixing your chat frame; text seems to be overlapping.
    Yeah it is a little I just checked. Should i decrease the font size? Or is that a outline issue.

Yeah it is a little I just checked. Should i decrease the font size? Or is that a outline issue.
    That's a font issue.

Decreasing the size may or may not fix it.

I'll see if I can get a raid SS

I use this to "fix" my chat frame:
    Code:
    for i = 1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do
        local cf = _G[("ChatFrame%d"):format(i)]
        cf:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia_MyMedia\\font\\Pixel.ttf", 8, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
        cf:SetSpacing(1)
        cf:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    end

DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0
    The SetFont part is optional though, and would have to be tailored for you.

Nice I look forward to seeing the finished product
    One thing I may suggest is using a portrait overlay like I have here: http://screencast.com/t/V45M512b
    (I read on here earlier that Ish really hates this, but some people like it! (Me!) It breaks up the flat, boring textures with a little bit of animation)

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    I use this to "fix" my chat frame:
    Code:
    for i = 1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do
        local cf = _G[("ChatFrame%d"):format(i)]
        cf:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia_MyMedia\\font\\Pixel.ttf", 8, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
        cf:SetSpacing(1)
        cf:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    end

DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0
    The SetFont part is optional though, and would have to be tailored for you.
    This is the man who helped me with the exact same problem a few pages back in this thread
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-15 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    That's a font issue.

Decreasing the size may or may not fix it.
    It was the font. Fixed it. And did a little unitframe revamp. make them smaller, I think they were to big for the font, Should be able to take some good screenys tonight.

I use SUF! So i actually cannot do the portrait overlay sadly. I want to learn STUF, but every time i try, i end up not sleeping for days because i get so god damn confused and frustrated . Font is good to go it seems that the font I had originally had is just too big.

*Is their anyway I can make a new skin or find one for bigwigs, it looks kinda ugly as it is right now.
    Last edited by Ricen; 2012-08-15 at 12:46 AM.

This is my newest UI, it's brand new so expect a few tweaks Any suggestions welcome

Out of raid: http://i.imgur.com/0h4k5.jpg (note the raid bars in center were there cuz I was testing something they won't be there normally)

Before a LFR pull: http://i.imgur.com/PPOzd.jpg

During a fight: http://i.imgur.com/L34x2.jpg

Note some small things, like a frame out of place etc would been changed aswell as some buttons here and there.
    Also the bottom buttons are more centered along with my raid frames now too.

I personally think this is quite tidy, it's smaller than how it may look on the pictures the scaling of everything , windowed mode at the time might show them to be bigger hehe
    Proud Moderator of Raids and Dungeons.
    "You face not the Mod Hammer alone, but the infractions I command."

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    This is my newest UI, ..
    I've always been curious about something I see commonly in 'self-made' UIs.

In your specific case; why is it that you use Sexymap?

The mod is great for several reasons, and I use it myself in just about every UI I make nowadays.

But what is it you feel you're getting out of it?

Okay, I'm pretty happy with this. But in your critique keep this in mind. All the fonts are fine on my screen, all of them are at 8pt and are not distorted or anything its just my super fucking mega res that i have on my macbook .

Tell me whatcha think, I'm defiantly moving in the correct direction this time.

Oh and I only have a idle shot for now because I'm a lazy bum !

http://i.imgur.com/oF0WI.jpg

Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-15 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Post a shot with all frames showing
    here it is (blah bad quality everything looks a lot worse)

I was thinking to make them a little bigger so i can put names into the healthbars, mirroring the style of player/target for pet/tot. Unsure on what do with the focus frame. Positions can be changed by everyone since all frames are draggable, setting the default ones isn't a problem.

Waiting or feedback ish

EDIT:
    while i was waiting, i made the other edits you suggested, here's a screen

chatbox is exactly over the datatext panel. Anyway it's scripted so when you press enter to type, the datatext panel hides away.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-08-15 at 08:44 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    So you guys were right. My ui was shit so I remade it.

Better? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-15 at 12:50 PM.

Okay, I'm pretty happy with this. But in your critique keep this in mind. All the fonts are fine on my screen, all of them are at 8pt and are not distorted or anything its just my super fucking mega res that i have on my macbook .

Tell me whatcha think, I'm defiantly moving in the correct direction this time.

Oh and I only have a idle shot for now because I'm a lazy bum !

http://i.imgur.com/oF0WI.jpg
    Brace yourself!
    I'm kidding, it's only minor issues now
    http://screencast.com/t/EPJETAh3

EDIT: The issue with the chat font is better, but on some letters (q, y, p, g, j) the bottom bits hang down and overlap. It's not that much of an issue though :P
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-15 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    I've always been curious about something I see commonly in 'self-made' UIs.

In your specific case; why is it that you use Sexymap?

The mod is great for several reasons, and I use it myself in just about every UI I make nowadays.

But what is it you feel you're getting out of it?
    I just always liked the look of sexymap had it since end of WOTLK. I just think the standard is very plan and I always liked the one you see in my pics.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 12:32 PM ----------

Minor tweaks and this is fullscreen, it still looks larger than reality in-game but what can ya do :P

http://i.imgur.com/VLj4w.jpg

PS. Some of the missing buttons are to make way for MoP copying my beta layout pretty much (which get changed around bit by bit)
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-08-15 at 11:34 AM.
    Proud Moderator of Raids and Dungeons.
    "You face not the Mod Hammer alone, but the infractions I command."

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    snip
    I want pretty arrow critique on mine! Even though I haven't played for three-ish weeks (;

http://i.imgur.com/Ro9rt.jpg
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I want pretty arrow critique on mine! Even though I haven't played for three-ish weeks (;

http://i.imgur.com/Ro9rt.jpg
    Care! You do realise that my UI is mainly stolen from yours haha. However this one is different from the one I stole many moons ago so I'll have a go at reviewing it :P
    Here we go... http://screencast.com/t/5BRuJAwP8ib

Like I've said before, please take it as constructive criticism, rather than me ripping into your UI!