Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    All this oUF talk has made me want to make the switch. If I were to take oUF P3lim and edit it, is that the best way to learn?
    Oh god... there is no best way to learn.
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    Oh its gonna be a big ol bitch. BIG ol bitch. But they look nice, im trying to get into KG panels at the same time, thats a blast lemme tell ya.

When a wild forum troll appears

High Overlord
    Depressingly, this. Start with someone else's layout and go from there. I'm editing Zork's oUF_Simple2 at the minute and the 'tutorial' thread on it over at wowinterface has helped a lot, but I'm still a total noob and have almost no idea what I'm doing. Trial and error has so far been the order of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Just for Cowt.

Made a few of the edits you suggested, i like grid where it is and dont pay any attention to bartender as its a placeholder until Mop pre patch comes live in 2 weeks so try and see past it if you can.

http://i45.tinypic.com/28gqkb6.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/x1j4hl.jpg
    May I ask for a list of the addons that you use? : X

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    Depressingly, this. Start with someone else's layout and go from there. I'm editing Zork's oUF_Simple2 at the minute and the 'tutorial' thread on it over at wowinterface has helped a lot, but I'm still a total noob and have almost no idea what I'm doing. Trial and error has so far been the order of the day...
    Yeah, if you look at my sig, thats what I have been doing all day

My UI has changed, all around. I swear I'm addicted to changing it. I went from my own custom ones, but no matter what I keep coming back to things like qulight or ElvUI!

In use now:
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-17 at 06:03 PM.

Signature Designer | PM Requests: OPEN | Realm: Eonar - US

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Yeah, if you look at my sig, thats what I have been doing all day
    Yeah... it sucks to start out.
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"

http://i.imgur.com/OOMn6.jpg - combat

Feel the right side is a bit heavy. I like my white borders.

My pet name is "Unit type" so I know whether I have a cat or a wolf or a turtle out.

For some reason there is a tiny black bar underneath my Pet, Player, Target, and Boss1 unit frames I can't seem to get rid of with the current placement of the frames.

I can't seem to center my Rangedisplay and my Serenity stuff, because their placement is placed by dragging.

Opinions?
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

My pet name is "Unit type" so I know whether I have a cat or a wolf or a turtle out.

For some reason there is a tiny black bar underneath my Pet, Player, Target, and Boss1 unit frames I can't seem to get rid of with the current placement of the frames.

I can't seem to center my Rangedisplay and my Serenity stuff, because their placement is placed by dragging.

Opinions?
    Download 'align'
    it places a grid on your screen to evenly place anything dragging!
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...153-Align.html

EDIT: By the way, I like your UI!
    Last edited by Dreadzy; 2012-08-17 at 12:37 AM.

I use align, still tough to get everything centered correctly.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

I used to use the straight edge of my reputation bar to help line things up, such as action bars and unitframes :')

I'm so resourceful!

Well then I'm not sure what to tell you! Sorry!

Might be obvious, but you can adjust the size of the grid.

'/align 220' will give you the smallest available grid.

With that, you should manage to line up most things as long as your hand is steady.

New to making UI's but open to as much critique as possible!

And a link explaining what everything is

One thing I really hate is my unitframes for my target and player, please, give me hell
    Emaias

You guys QQ about how bad Blizz's Development team is... DO you have ANY idea how hard it is to kill Brock's Onyx with a Pikachu?! Yeah GG Nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    New to making UI's but open to as much critique as possible!
    [IMG]
    And a link explaining what everything is
    [IMG]
    One thing I really hate is my unitframes for my target and player, please, give me hell
    Okay - here we go.

1. You don't need your name on your Player Frame, unless you forget it frequently.
    2. Do you need damage AND healing meters? You only ever play one role at a time.
    3. Why is your normal and crit damage separated to such an extent? I'd consolidate, or pick one that is more necessary and ditch the other.
    4. Fix your power auras icons, they look squished.
    5. For a better over all aesthetic, check out Masque (to even out button frames)
    6. I'd check out sUF, stuf, or Pitbull for better Unit Frames.

That's what I'd change, to start. Feel free to ignore any of my ideas if they conflict with your personal requirements, it's your UI after all!

Here's what mine looked like back in February or so. Quit around March but am coming back...I may make some tweaks or just start over again. Kind of a cluster of a UI. *cough*

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2963/...2412213229.jpg

...Tried about 12 times to shrink it to a thumbnail but apparently I'm a derpwad and can't do it. :| So I'll just leave it as a link and not end up taking up so much space.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2012-08-17 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Song that's currently stuck in my head: Carbon Based Lifeforms - 20 Minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPT1t-4gUs

Okay - here we go.

1. You don't need your name on your Player Frame, unless you forget it frequently.
    2. Do you need damage AND healing meters? You only ever play one role at a time.
    3. Why is your normal and crit damage separated to such an extent? I'd consolidate, or pick one that is more necessary and ditch the other.
    4. Fix your power auras icons, they look squished.
    5. For a better over all aesthetic, check out Masque (to even out button frames)
    6. I'd check out sUF, stuf, or Pitbull for better Unit Frames.

That's what I'd change, to start. Feel free to ignore any of my ideas if they conflict with your personal requirements, it's your UI after all!
    Thank you for your input!
    1) I prob dont, change inc
    2) I actually heal and dps back and forth quite frequently, but no, I dont at the same time.
    3) My normal damage I keep down there so it's out of the way, and I guess im a crit whore and like to see those big hits
    4) I'm prob going to make them smaller, and then spread them out more, I was trying to consolidate all my CD's and need to know auras in the same space
    5) I may be missing this, but are you referring to CLCRet buttons? Cause I have all my bars hidden
    6) I have, but I am TERRIBLE with customization sadly =(

I do appreciate all the feedback you've given me a lot to consider
    Emaias

You guys QQ about how bad Blizz's Development team is... DO you have ANY idea how hard it is to kill Brock's Onyx with a Pikachu?! Yeah GG Nintendo

Opinions?
    1. If you have to keep your white borders fine, (Personally i despise them but hey! Its just a opinion) just separate them out, especially your buff bar, it creates this blocky effect that looks aesthetically unappealing and kinda clumps that section of your UI. As well as decrease your buff text size.
    2.Font choice. If you dont want to go the pixel route, i personally love the font Accidental Presidency. GREAT sans serif font, I literally use it ALL the time as a Graphic Designer.
    3. Hide those minimap buttons. Please.
    4.I dunno about you but seeing what abilities do what damage in MSBT is kinda of pointless, just config it to show the numbers. I can show you how, or you can just play around in MSBT. Also if you have Coolline active, turn off the static and notification on MSBT, kinda of annoying pointless info if ya ask me, in a a unappealing way as well.
    5.Move your boss frames, its making your UI slant heavy towards the right.
    6.To help the slant even more, try to off set your Frames, such as put your target frame up higher and keep your frame lower. Stagger ya know?
    7.You need to move your raid frames. I would suggest top left, maybe list them down single file? it will give your UI a better balance because its quite empty up there, and there is a lot of unused space.

I hope that helped ! All constructive! I didn't give any feedback on unit frames because i feel that is TOTALLY subjective to the player

*edit. your pet bar should be smaller, it doesnt need to be that large.
    Last edited by Ricen; 2012-08-17 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Thank you for your input!
    1) I prob dont, change inc
    2) I actually heal and dps back and forth quite frequently, but no, I dont at the same time.
    3) My normal damage I keep down there so it's out of the way, and I guess im a crit whore and like to see those big hits
    4) I'm prob going to make them smaller, and then spread them out more, I was trying to consolidate all my CD's and need to know auras in the same space
    5) I may be missing this, but are you referring to CLCRet buttons? Cause I have all my bars hidden
    6) I have, but I am TERRIBLE with customization sadly =(

I do appreciate all the feedback you've given me a lot to consider
    -5 I was referring to your buffs, primarily.
    -6 Check out Shadowed Unit Frames specifically, they're extremely easy to configure, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Here's what mine looked like back in February or so.
    You have far more information displayed than what could possibly affect your DPS.

If Raid frames are good enough to monitor four groups; it should be good enough to monitor your own group too. Meaning, you don't need Party frames.

And if you don't need Party frames, you certainly don't need Party Target frames. You can remove Party Pet frames while you're at it.

Target of Target of Target is a bit redundant.

With a Combat Text addon, you could get rid of all those numbers in the very centre of your screen so that you can see better. As melee, you already see bad enough. No reason why you should make it harder on yourself. Put the numbers around your character, rather than ontop of.

You could do with cleaning up your Player frame, and perhaps make that and your Target frame smaller in size. Then move them to a less awkward place. It's information you want to review constantly, and so it'd make sense to put them close to the centre of your screen where you are looking most of the time. Prioritize UI elements that way. Most vital information near/around the centre, and the spread outwards.

Spacing between UI elements could greatly be improved, too. Would give you a much cleaner look, and make it easier on the eyes.

There is a hundred other things you could do, but hopefully this is a start.

- Cowt; giving unsolicited advice all over the internet.