http://i.imgur.com/OOMn6.jpg - combat
Feel the right side is a bit heavy. I like my white borders.
My pet name is "Unit type" so I know whether I have a cat or a wolf or a turtle out.
For some reason there is a tiny black bar underneath my Pet, Player, Target, and Boss1 unit frames I can't seem to get rid of with the current placement of the frames.
I can't seem to center my Rangedisplay and my Serenity stuff, because their placement is placed by dragging.
it places a grid on your screen to evenly place anything dragging!
EDIT: By the way, I like your UI!
Last edited by Dreadzy; 2012-08-17 at 12:37 AM.
Signature Designer | PM Requests: OPEN | Realm: Eonar - US
I used to use the straight edge of my reputation bar to help line things up, such as action bars and unitframes :')
I'm so resourceful!
1. You don't need your name on your Player Frame, unless you forget it frequently.
2. Do you need damage AND healing meters? You only ever play one role at a time.
3. Why is your normal and crit damage separated to such an extent? I'd consolidate, or pick one that is more necessary and ditch the other.
4. Fix your power auras icons, they look squished.
5. For a better over all aesthetic, check out Masque (to even out button frames)
6. I'd check out sUF, stuf, or Pitbull for better Unit Frames.
That's what I'd change, to start. Feel free to ignore any of my ideas if they conflict with your personal requirements, it's your UI after all!
Here's what mine looked like back in February or so. Quit around March but am coming back...I may make some tweaks or just start over again. Kind of a cluster of a UI. *cough*
...Tried about 12 times to shrink it to a thumbnail but apparently I'm a derpwad and can't do it. :| So I'll just leave it as a link and not end up taking up so much space.
Last edited by Ryuji; 2012-08-17 at 05:48 AM.
1) I prob dont, change inc
2) I actually heal and dps back and forth quite frequently, but no, I dont at the same time.
3) My normal damage I keep down there so it's out of the way, and I guess im a crit whore and like to see those big hits
4) I'm prob going to make them smaller, and then spread them out more, I was trying to consolidate all my CD's and need to know auras in the same space
5) I may be missing this, but are you referring to CLCRet buttons? Cause I have all my bars hidden
6) I have, but I am TERRIBLE with customization sadly =(
I do appreciate all the feedback you've given me a lot to consider
2.Font choice. If you dont want to go the pixel route, i personally love the font Accidental Presidency. GREAT sans serif font, I literally use it ALL the time as a Graphic Designer.
3. Hide those minimap buttons. Please.
4.I dunno about you but seeing what abilities do what damage in MSBT is kinda of pointless, just config it to show the numbers. I can show you how, or you can just play around in MSBT. Also if you have Coolline active, turn off the static and notification on MSBT, kinda of annoying pointless info if ya ask me, in a a unappealing way as well.
5.Move your boss frames, its making your UI slant heavy towards the right.
6.To help the slant even more, try to off set your Frames, such as put your target frame up higher and keep your frame lower. Stagger ya know?
7.You need to move your raid frames. I would suggest top left, maybe list them down single file? it will give your UI a better balance because its quite empty up there, and there is a lot of unused space.
I hope that helped ! All constructive! I didn't give any feedback on unit frames because i feel that is TOTALLY subjective to the player
*edit. your pet bar should be smaller, it doesnt need to be that large.
Last edited by Ricen; 2012-08-17 at 05:54 AM.
When a wild forum troll appears
If Raid frames are good enough to monitor four groups; it should be good enough to monitor your own group too. Meaning, you don't need Party frames.
And if you don't need Party frames, you certainly don't need Party Target frames. You can remove Party Pet frames while you're at it.
Target of Target of Target is a bit redundant.
With a Combat Text addon, you could get rid of all those numbers in the very centre of your screen so that you can see better. As melee, you already see bad enough. No reason why you should make it harder on yourself. Put the numbers around your character, rather than ontop of.
You could do with cleaning up your Player frame, and perhaps make that and your Target frame smaller in size. Then move them to a less awkward place. It's information you want to review constantly, and so it'd make sense to put them close to the centre of your screen where you are looking most of the time. Prioritize UI elements that way. Most vital information near/around the centre, and the spread outwards.
Spacing between UI elements could greatly be improved, too. Would give you a much cleaner look, and make it easier on the eyes.
There is a hundred other things you could do, but hopefully this is a start.
- Cowt; giving unsolicited advice all over the internet.