So, I guess I forgot what normal icons looked like =| Went back to regular, non-stretched icons and I'm just as ok with the stretched/rectangular look I had gotten used to.
Darkened the transparent frame by a bit; tried 0.5 and really, really hated it.
I still have to tweak the threat bar, but I decided to veer away from the sThreatmeter/Omen-esque list and go with a simple bar. The bar color makes it stand out less than I want it to, but it mirrors the player resource bar and, in my opinion, looks pretty sharp! But as much as I like it in between the buffs/debuffs on the target frame, I'll more than likely drop it below the frame to make it more obvious - only qualms I have regarding that placement, is a) doesn't mirror/match anything on the player frame, and b) might look weird. But I think it's a little too *not* noticeable under the buffs/debuffs - regardless of the threat bar color.
Only shot I have from tonight with the threat bar (Tribes called my name instead):
Yeah I understood what you meant - fixed the boss frames. The button you saw in that last ss is the extra action button, which doesn't seem to be skinned properly. Not sure why, I'll try to figure out if it's something I did or something in rActionButtonStyler (probably my fault).
Here's my current UI:
(a bit newer SS: http://i.imgur.com/p4JAw.jpg)
It's made for Razer Naga in mind. The four actionbars imitate keyboard and the Naga (for easier keybind memorisation).
Also, here's my Panda-Proof UI that I'm working on for MoP:
Besides minimap, only things that are shown are (probably) done.
Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-21 at 06:19 PM.
forgot to up the screenshot quality on beta =/
2. Your tool tip text is minimal enough to be able to use your pixel font imo.
3. Your warrior class color is quite...orange. It's not a design flaw, but it could stand to be a bit more tan-ish. Tan can still be vibrant
4. The top left corner of the Ui seems very very heavy.
5. The Target's and ToT's name texts are the only texts that drop below their respective frames. Any particular reason why? All other texts (excluding nameplates) are contained within their frame. The choice to exclude only the name texts on the target and tot frame seems rather random.
6. I assume the frame on the right is a boss frame. Imo you don't need level text or exact hp text on this frame. Also, put the name inside the frame
7. The outline on your chat text could be not quite so thick imo.
8. Get rid of the error text imo.
9. The party role indicator on your group frames could be bumped up a few pixels.
10. Your stack count text on your auras could also be bumped inwards a few pixels. It looks messy sitting right on the edge of the icons.
11. Do you need debuff type coloration for your debuff icons on the target frame?
12. Your buff frame could use a flow scheme. Also, don't love the yellow time text. No other time text in the Ui is yellow.
Last edited by Ishtara; 2012-08-21 at 07:29 PM.
/console screenshotQuality 10 -- ups the .jpg quality.
1 - I got rid of Eavesdrop/cascade and wanted a way to still see inc dmg/heals. I tried using xCT as an outgoing dmg/healing replacement but hated it too much (I need to reduce the number of visible lines and font size of the inc text, though).
2- Pretty sure I swapped in the pixel text for the tooltip sometime forever ago, don't really know why I didn't keep it. I'll give it a try again.
3 - Haven't been happy with the warrior class color... ever ever.
4 - The top left of the UI is just, dumb (and with dps frames, it'll be even heavier). Boss mod timers aren't normally there, it was just a quick and temporary placement, still not sure where to place them.
5 - Name placement is just what came with the oUF layout, I think it looks good. I'll try fooling around with dropping the raid frame name to below the HP bar and see how it looks, but aside from that I don't see what else I'd really change.
6 - I'll drop it to just the % value. I'll probably still keep the name below the frame to match the UF style, in addition, the boss castbar is the HP bar and I've dropped the castbar text inside the frame.
7 - I think it's the shadow or something, that outline is the plain-jane "OUTLINE" and I didn't notice a difference when I set "THINOUTLINE" (are they even a different outline?).
8 - Error text is gone, I haven't gone through and added in the monk texts (like not enough chi, etc...).
9 - Forgot to bump them up with the latest changes!
10 - Same as above, forgot about them.
11 - I'm still working on buff/debuff junk on the target frame, but no probably not. Really only look at it when targeting a friendly unit.
12 - Buff frame is about as default as it can get apart from skinning/size/placement. Outside of getting a new buff styling addon, I don't think there's much I can do about it. Come to think of it, I can probably just add a SetColor somewhere and change it. Rest of the timer texts (tullercc and UF's) just need to be changed manually.
Thanks for the feedback - time to mess around with junk.
"¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...
Small update, had a busy day so didnt get nearly as much as I would of liked to get done, but fixed some MSBT, Runes, Bagnon, OPie, VuhDo and Raven. I am really pleased with how Raven turned out as well as my WeakAuras.
Still to do for tomorrow; Fix TidyPlates and try work on the issue I was having with Enraged Regeneration in WA. Hoping to have fixed those before raid tomorrow so I can post a raid screenshot
Looking for feedback on the current setup of my unit frame area.
Serenity when active matches my cast bar color.
Focus Target -- Pet -- Player -- Target
Focus -- Personal Cast Bar -- Target of Target
Looks decent , only think i would do is eventualy adding some border to unitframes similar to that used on your runic powerbar.