Anyone know what line in quartz LUA (and file) to change to remove the big gap between the casting bar and the edge?
Ish or Lyn,
any chance any of your shared media files are hosted anywhere for download? im at work at the moment so dont have the bandwidth to download ish ui and check if its there
on a side note. how the hell would you impliment a rainbow into a ui? that i have to see?
In other news; here is a combat screenshot I said I would supply
Considering moving the castbar closer to the centre of the screen (Above the actionbar) as it's not as easy to notice as it used to be.
Will most likely put portraits back on the unitframes because let's face it; they look dull.
EDIT: The font on my Skada is being annoyingly ugly. Don't know what is causing the font to mess up :\
And I need to remove the blizzard boss frames :P
Last edited by Treeston; 2012-09-13 at 08:00 PM.
Put it in your addons folder along side whatever SharedMedia folder you use.
the space between the bottom of the screen and the minimap, and the space between the top of the screen and the buffs. should be the same. at least in my opinion, also weres the rest of the raid frames :P
overall tho its damn good
---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 04:50 PM ----------
Last edited by Treeston; 2012-09-13 at 08:01 PM.
Zairia... I really like your grid and unit frame setup!
2. I would shove the clock text into one of the corners of the minimap and also bump it away from the edge of the minimap by another pixel or two.
3. I am confident that you can come up with a more creative solution to notifying yourself that you are in combat. (The swords are ugly)
4. The numbers on your cooldown bar between your unitframes need to be bumped to the right 1 px.
5. I do not enjoy the placement of your count numbers on your aura frames. (kinda on the edge but not really & being overlapped by time text)
6. I hate when people use a " | " symbol to separate health text. With stuf I would use the following for my health text:
That will give you separation between health texts while increasing function and removing unnecessary symbols and freeing up some pixels. You also don't need the " % " symbol either if you use color to differentiate the health texts as I suggest.[curhp] [hpthreshold:Perchp]
An example of what I mean:
Some old unitframes of mine
Please don't add the portraits back, you should definitely be able to find a more creative way to add spice and flavor to your unit frames without using something so unnecessary and distracting.
---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 11:18 AM ----------
Last edited by Treeston; 2012-09-13 at 08:02 PM.
Just updated my UI (MayronUI Gen2). Now you can safely replace Grid with another Raid Frame addon or just disable it. Also created more KgPanel layouts and much more.
- Out of Combat
- Questing on a Mage
- 10 player Raid with 2 Bars open at the bottom
- You can have the Chat Box in the Bottom Left hand Corner
Addon to setup UI automatically.
You can download this if you want or to find out more information go to the link in my signature below.
2. Putting the clock in the corner of the map looks silly in my opinion, I like it in the middle. However, I did bump it up by one pixel and it looks a bit cleaner.
3. I agree. Removed it completely. It's obvious when I'm resting, and it's obvious when I'm being chased by a bear. (See picture below)
5. I am so used to having the timer text in the middle of the buff and the count text on the outside. I have no intention to change that I'm afraid. However I did move the count text a little bit to avoid it being overlapped by the timer text.
6. Hmm, I thought it was a good idea :P I have changed it now though so there is no " | ". (See picture from #4) I tested the 'colour by threshold' way of showing percentages and did not like it at all. Made the unitframe look like a clown had got his bright, colourful hands all over it. I prefer the font being white. :P Also removed the % symbol because I don't need to be told that the particular number is a percentage every time I look at it.
As for making the unitframe look less boring without adding the portraits back, all I did was add my player's name back to the player unitframe. Of course I don't need it, but at least it breaks up the plain, boring health bar a bit.
Finally, I placed my player castbar above the actionbars again so I can cast spells and have it sitting on the edge of my vision. (More specifically, I don't have to look at my castbar to know that I'm casting a spell)
2.Yep, clock looks good in the middle now.
4. Much better!
5. Looks so much better just moving it over like that, nice
6. I didn't mention this before because I forgot you just switched to Stuf. You can change each color of the hpthreshold in the general options panel all the way at the bottom so you could start with white text for instance and have it fade directly to red as the target is dying. Rather than fading from green to yellow to red. Just something to play around with. But the unitframe texts do look mucho better now!
Regarding the display of your player name, why can't you put your mana text there? (or your health text if the text on the right is already your mana text.) If you don't want to do that you could replace the name text with status text so that it displays "resting" or "in combat" etc. Any of that would be more useful than your name
Lastly, have you tried using different textures since removing the portrait? That can add flavor to your health bars
I am still not sure about the loot frame (these are the ones of Quse UI, bit modified).. money loot overlaps second item sometimes.. and such. :/
Meh.. can't decide..
Last edited by Lyn; 2012-09-13 at 07:13 PM. Reason: second screenshot
I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts
@Pixil, your UI possible for a DL? Or just used for own purposes? Either way, I like the way your going with it!.
Last edited by Traumatize77; 2012-09-13 at 09:37 PM.