I'll look up dynamic groups with WA then, sounds interesting. I will miss POWA though, love that addon just wished I could get em all to show at once to line em up, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHzdjSLuDY <- right side of player unitframe.
This is still in it's really crude stages but I thought I'd post what I have so far while the servers are down.
A quick rundown on auras:
- White / Red Skulls are HP
- The blue bracket around my main 6 spells - Inquisition tracker
- White / Blue / Pink Diamonds - DPS CD's
- White / Blue/ Yellow/ Red Squares - Protection CD's
- Blue / White / Pink Squares - CD Durations
- The blue skull (behind the flame) - Exo tracker
- The blue flame - Avenger's Shield Tracker
- The bracket below the blue shield - AS Proc Tracker
- The circle with all the numbers - Defensive CD's
- The big red skull - Boss Encounter related, I have two, one tracks Corrupting parasite, the other fading light.
- The circle next to the big skull - SS tracker.
To do list:
- I plan on switching from grid completely to VD because I'm tired of mouseover macros and like the utlity in VD.
- I plan on reworking the overall theme from plain blue to a more "tech" like blue, I'm currently working on custom borders and pannels in photoshop.
- Adding a Buff / Debuff addon that is to my liking. Not sure if SBF is working, haven't tried.
Please comment! <3
P.S. I hope I posted the images correctly. ._.
Last edited by iPraxys; 2012-09-18 at 12:21 PM.
I've started asking addon authors for permission to distribute their work as a collection. No promises yet…Thanks for posting this screenshot. i am spending from now till mop release cloning this ui for my mage..
My video card melted down (literally, black smoke and everything) the other day so I fell behind schedule. I installed a replacement late last night but need to buy a bunch of adapters to get my screens plugged in. Hopefully late tonight I can find a couple of hours to finish off the gcd/cs/holy power bar. I think I might steal Kait's idea for using cropped auras as bars. I had used them behind unit frames to highlight states like no seal/no righteous fury, need cleanse, etc. His bar idea is very clever and I think it's the kind of animation that improves a UI rather than being needless noise.
Writing my own threat meter has been more work than I thought. It's quite a boring bit of code to write…maybe I'll just use weak auras for that.
That's how I did it for my tank classes. I think kait's moonkin ui did that too and it has some interesting features.and i did not know Weak Aura's could be used as a threat bar? you think it could make a cast bar ?
Mine does it for the combination GCD/holy power/cast bar. I use the cast bar color to indicate status like a proc for 3 holy power and to color code my enemies casts (most cast bars give interupt/not interupt, but with a little lua you can make weak auras have interupt, not interupt/you could interupt but it's not important/you can't interrupt and you'd better pop shieldwall too) based on spell names/ids/health/the status of your interrupt ability/etc and have it shout "I kicked something I shouldn't have" when you screw up (like on maloriak) or make a special alert when you have to cover somebody elses kick (like heroic nefarian).
I think I might have even made a very basic cast bar tutorial video about it early on but I don't recall for certain. If not, just set the trigger to status -> cast and then tweak it from there.
It's not great for casters who will micro-manage channeled spells (warlock, priest mostly) but it's perfectly fine for a mage or melee class who would only really use it to show trade skills, mounting, or enemy cast bars.
for now i just wanna steal your unit frames.
il work with Weak Aura's once i get chance to properly sit down and play with it. right now il be happy with just the unit frames and the font. the rest i can put together rather quickly. seen as i have a lock / priest and mage i think il stick to gnosis / quarts for cast bar,
one favour i will ask of you tho. could you please for the love of god post me the custom lua you have for your Target frame,
there are 4 chatboxes (you can creat as many you want).
Chat 1 = trade spam
Chat 2= Guild+officer
Chat 3= personal/social stuff (whisper/realid conv)
Chat 4= raid/party/bg
Also, I assume that is the target's portrait behind those debuff icons.
A portrait is practically useless as it is, but becomes even more useless when covered up...
I don't understand why there is a portrait there to begin with.
Last edited by tyran; 2012-09-18 at 07:44 PM.