Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #6861
    I don't mean the HoPo bar. I mean the 2 bars above that.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  2. #6862
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Redding,Ca
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    That's skada as others have mentioned. I'm working on an addon that snapshots your health every 0.5-1.5 seconds along with the amount of healing from outside sources so you can see "oh, in the last 10 seconds the healer is ignoring me" or "ouch I'm getting raped and spam healed, I should probably shield wall so they can catch a break".

    That's ended up being a bit more work that I planned so to place-hold I'm using Skada's damage meter / death log in that spot to remind me to finish that later. I really need to get my priest setup, server transfered, and race changed before monday night so it's time to move on.

    You can get a better idea of how the middle bar works in a video:



    It's a combination of cast bar, gcd, holy power, and cs/hor cooldown.

    The basic information is being pulled properly but the way it's encoded and displayed needs some work. The changes to CS and how you use holy power make me thing I need something more complicated than I used to use but I'm not sure how that should look. The changes to shield slam make me think that good tanks will probably time that according to boss swings (kinda like healing brutallus back in sunwell) but I'll have to see.

    I'm thinking some sort of clever coloring scheme might work better.


    I think I might be in love with you, I'm gonna give it a couple days to make sure.

    Good to see a sweet tank UI.

  3. #6863
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I don't mean the HoPo bar. I mean the 2 bars above that.
    It might be the swing timer.

  4. #6864
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    That's skada as others have mentioned. I'm working on an addon that snapshots your health every 0.5-1.5 seconds along with the amount of healing from outside sources so you can see "oh, in the last 10 seconds the healer is ignoring me" or "ouch I'm getting raped and spam healed, I should probably shield wall so they can catch a break".

    That's ended up being a bit more work that I planned so to place-hold I'm using Skada's damage meter / death log in that spot to remind me to finish that later. I really need to get my priest setup, server transfered, and race changed before monday night so it's time to move on.

    You can get a better idea of how the middle bar works in a video:



    It's a combination of cast bar, gcd, holy power, and cs/hor cooldown.

    The basic information is being pulled properly but the way it's encoded and displayed needs some work. The changes to CS and how you use holy power make me thing I need something more complicated than I used to use but I'm not sure how that should look. The changes to shield slam make me think that good tanks will probably time that according to boss swings (kinda like healing brutallus back in sunwell) but I'll have to see.

    I'm thinking some sort of clever coloring scheme might work better.
    What nameplate addon you using?? i like it cause pixelfonts seem to work fine with it and it also suports buff/debuff track.
    Also how do you get the font outline monochrome to work for WeakAuras ProgressBars? For me they look quite blurry
    Last edited by Deemaxm; 2012-09-20 at 07:25 PM.

  5. #6865
    Field Marshal Dreadzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    75
    Holy pally UI,
    I heal for a 25m guild in PvE and everything is mainly located at the bottom,
    First one is in OOC, second is in combat.
    http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...psfcf5e748.jpg
    http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...pscc2db9ce.jpg
    /edit
    Heavily modified ElvUI.
    Reason for huge action bars at top is to keep an eye on main CDs and such.
    Last edited by Dreadzy; 2012-09-20 at 08:33 PM.

    Signature Designer | PM Requests: OPEN | Realm: Eonar - US

  6. #6866
    Stood in the Fire Redtusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadzy View Post
    Holy pally UI,
    I heal for a 25m guild in PvE and everything is mainly located at the bottom,
    First one is in OOC, second is in combat.
    http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...psfcf5e748.jpg
    http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...pscc2db9ce.jpg
    /edit
    Heavily modified ElvUI.
    Reason for huge action bars at top is to keep an eye on main CDs and such.
    Upload that somewhere please? :-)

  7. #6867
    Field Marshal Dreadzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Upload that somewhere please? :-)
    Glad to see someone actually likes it as much as I do. Lmao, would you really be interested in an upload?

    Signature Designer | PM Requests: OPEN | Realm: Eonar - US

  8. #6868
    The top bar is GCD - typically about 1.5s given the gear I have on that character (tanks don't stack haste after all).
    The little bar in the middle is crusader strike's cooldown (typically 4s).

    The problem with paladins right now is that CS is 2.75 GCDs worth of cooldown - sometimes you'll want to hold off getting GCD locked to get extra CS/HoRs in. If you look at your abilities there may be no harm in delaying a crusader strike by 1 GCD because you're going to run out of buttons to press in 3 or 4 GCDs anyway. Other times using a proc (like free avengers shield) can bugger things up and you end up with 1 or 2 GCDs in a row with nothing to do.

    I'm not exactly sure how this will play at 90. I've done almost nothing since 5.0 came out and this was the first major class change that stood out to me. the old 1,2,1,3,1,4 (repeat) rotation doesn't work - I need to figure out the best way to deal with these changes and the best way I can think of is to carefully watch the interactions for a few weeks.

    I would like to get an enemy swing timer involved but I'll worry about that at max level.

    What nameplate addon you using??
    tidyplates + threatplates.

    Also how do you get the font outline monochrome to work for WeakAuras ProgressBars
    You shouldn't need to use the monocrhome option if you get a well hinted font and use it at a "prefect" resolution. I didn't.

    EDIT:
    Good news, I can get 90% of my UI uploaded via curse addon packs so my permission issue is solved. The only thing left is cleanicons thin/miirgui which in the worst case I can always just direct people to download and install manually. They're not the sort of addons curse handles anyway so if the authors don't give me permission to distribute them it won't be the end of the world. I might have to create a couple of addons just to add my fonts/textures to shared media but that's pretty trivial.
    Last edited by evn; 2012-09-21 at 12:41 AM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

  9. #6869
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    snip
    I seriously <3 you so much

  10. #6870
    Scarab Lord Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,711
    http://imgur.com/a/V1zas

    My UI in 2 screenshots. 1 screenie with configs (ElvUI, BigWigs, TellMeWhen, Parrot) open and 1 configs closed.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

    http://www.hitbox.tv/puupi - mythic restoration/enhancement shaman raiding

  11. #6871


    I updated my UI a bit in prep for MoP... I tried to get rid of some buttons. Ive scaled them back by half (use to having every single skill on my screen, even if I don't ever click / use it)
    I don't know what that green bar is along the top. ><

  12. #6872
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    The top bar is GCD - typically about 1.5s given the gear I have on that character (tanks don't stack haste after all).
    The little bar in the middle is crusader strike's cooldown (typically 4s).

    The problem with paladins right now is that CS is 2.75 GCDs worth of cooldown - sometimes you'll want to hold off getting GCD locked to get extra CS/HoRs in. If you look at your abilities there may be no harm in delaying a crusader strike by 1 GCD because you're going to run out of buttons to press in 3 or 4 GCDs anyway. Other times using a proc (like free avengers shield) can bugger things up and you end up with 1 or 2 GCDs in a row with nothing to do.

    I'm not exactly sure how this will play at 90. I've done almost nothing since 5.0 came out and this was the first major class change that stood out to me. the old 1,2,1,3,1,4 (repeat) rotation doesn't work - I need to figure out the best way to deal with these changes and the best way I can think of is to carefully watch the interactions for a few weeks.

    I would like to get an enemy swing timer involved but I'll worry about that at max level.


    tidyplates + threatplates.


    You shouldn't need to use the monocrhome option if you get a well hinted font and use it at a "prefect" resolution. I didn't.

    EDIT:
    Good news, I can get 90% of my UI uploaded via curse addon packs so my permission issue is solved. The only thing left is cleanicons thin/miirgui which in the worst case I can always just direct people to download and install manually. They're not the sort of addons curse handles anyway so if the authors don't give me permission to distribute them it won't be the end of the world. I might have to create a couple of addons just to add my fonts/textures to shared media but that's pretty trivial.
    Think this will nearly be as big as MOP once you finally release your UI package to the masses Touchy!

  13. #6873
    Stood in the Fire Redtusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    475
    My DK layout.
    Don't mind the double damage meter, the second one is usually set to healing.
    (Click for fullsize)

    Last edited by Redtusk; 2012-09-21 at 12:02 PM.

  14. #6874
    Why do you need damage down shown twice?
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  15. #6875
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Why do you need damage down shown twice?
    One is probably used for threat or healing in combat.

  16. #6876
    Stood in the Fire Redtusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Why do you need damage down shown twice?
    One is for healing, no idea why it's set to Damage (See my OP :P)

  17. #6877
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    My DK layout.
    Don't mind the double damage meter, the second one is usually set to healing.
    How did 2 people miss it?
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  18. #6878
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    The top bar is GCD - typically about 1.5s given the gear I have on that character (tanks don't stack haste after all).
    The little bar in the middle is crusader strike's cooldown (typically 4s).

    The problem with paladins right now is that CS is 2.75 GCDs worth of cooldown - sometimes you'll want to hold off getting GCD locked to get extra CS/HoRs in. If you look at your abilities there may be no harm in delaying a crusader strike by 1 GCD because you're going to run out of buttons to press in 3 or 4 GCDs anyway. Other times using a proc (like free avengers shield) can bugger things up and you end up with 1 or 2 GCDs in a row with nothing to do.

    I'm not exactly sure how this will play at 90. I've done almost nothing since 5.0 came out and this was the first major class change that stood out to me. the old 1,2,1,3,1,4 (repeat) rotation doesn't work - I need to figure out the best way to deal with these changes and the best way I can think of is to carefully watch the interactions for a few weeks.

    I would like to get an enemy swing timer involved but I'll worry about that at max level.


    tidyplates + threatplates.


    You shouldn't need to use the monocrhome option if you get a well hinted font and use it at a "prefect" resolution. I didn't.

    EDIT:
    Good news, I can get 90% of my UI uploaded via curse addon packs so my permission issue is solved. The only thing left is cleanicons thin/miirgui which in the worst case I can always just direct people to download and install manually. They're not the sort of addons curse handles anyway so if the authors don't give me permission to distribute them it won't be the end of the world. I might have to create a couple of addons just to add my fonts/textures to shared media but that's pretty trivial.
    sooner the better x x i can wait for MOP i can;t wait for this ui
    seriously since the 1st moment i saw it i was like omg touchy has done it again. and made me /drool over his ui.
    i did copy the last one on youtube. but this one is just so omg awesome. that it deserves beer

  19. #6879
    Stood in the Fire Redtusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    How did 2 people miss it?
    Just my thought ;-)

  20. #6880
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    How did 2 people miss it?
    'cuz edit?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •