Thread: Post Your UI

Here's my beta UI, I'm going to set it up here so I can just transfer it to live servers on launch and not slow down my dungeon/leveling group.

Here's the links to all of them. http://imgur.com/J5syr,sxsTb,rs96p,q...,stm52,sX2qc#0

Here's one on the dummies to position weakauras, etc.

I still got to go through and hide the buffs on the actual bars above my player frame, doing that now for buffs/debuffs I have WAs for. Does everything look ok? Or should I move some of the auras closer to the bottom or out to the sides a bit more? And I'm going through and hiding the elvui buff bars that I don't need to see as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I would add outlines to all your font strings. Skin your buffs similar to your action bars. Add borders to minimap and damage meter, similar to your unit frames. Match the name plates texture with the rest of the UI, possibly also make them square. I'd either hide or show the scrolling battle text, your solution of a middle thing just looks weird to me since it's unnoticable, practically invisible even, but yet there to take up space.
    Thx for your tips however there is reason for some mentioned things. Ive not skinned buffs/actibars under player and target frame because I dont want any additional addon. Any changes I can add must be made using addons I already have. Thats my rule

Also I dont like borders. Only reason I have background textures behind auras and player frames is because its badly visible without any background.

Font with outline is kinda personal preference. Ive tried it with and without outline and this is result

At least I unified bar textures as you mentioned. I completely missed that on my name plates.

And MSBT yeah, you are right its barely visible but thats how its meant to be. Im not looking at combat text during raids but sometimes I need to know for example if Im hitting more targets with my CL or not and it is visible good enough to check that. Maybe I could increase visibility about like 10%
    Last edited by Diphal; 2012-09-23 at 04:49 PM.

Out of combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/OrWuR.jpg

Combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/k7anv.jpg

Modified version of ElvUI.

ElvUI
    DBM
    Tukui Skins
    CLCinfo

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Inspired by Kripparian?
    Haha, sure is.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz OC
    GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws (8GB)
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda (1TB)
    SSD: Crucial M4 (128GB)

Updated my UI for Mop. Link Here and in Sig.

(Ended up using Gradient Texture)
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || BTag:Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

Last edited by Treeston; 2012-09-24 at 11:39 AM.
    -Scrapbot stole my sig-

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

Not bad, I just hate the damn color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

Nice. Since you liked more the black part on bottom, have you tried to flip the image 180 degrees with any image browser? I think even windows can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diphal View Post
    I did little bit of tweaking, playing around with Weak Auras.

out of combat:

in combat:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diphal View Post
    Pixil cmon, you comment on everyone else just not me. Do you have any ideas how to improve my UI @ post 6941?
    Sorry Diphal! I often just come and browse this thread and leave a comment for 1 or 2 UIs.
    However, ask and you shall receive!
    http://screencast.com/t/x5Uq7SfzZMe

Yes! That's right boys and girls! The fancy arrow critiques are back!

where'd evn go? miss those updates.

I finally managed to get my priest 'home' and on the correct faction. I've incorporated the major changes to my UI (layout and style) but still need to spend a fair amount of time modifying writing lua for weak auras/unit frames/modifying add-ons, making textures and sounds, and testing the whole whack of stuff with high-level content before I try and make a download available.

I'll post a screenshot when I wake up but mostly it's just my same old priest UI combined with the aesthetic you see in my paladin preview video. I like the layout I've been using - I think it covers most situations really well so there's no reason to change it significantly. Most of what I want to do is to make more clever use of animation and color to relay information.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Not bad, I just hate the damn color scheme.
    Just wondering what colors you would use?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Nice. Since you liked more the black part on bottom, have you tried to flip the image 180 degrees with any image browser? I think even windows can do it.

Did I do it right? xD
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || BTag:Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

You seriously made me spit my cofee all over the keyboard. Searching for a napkin.

@Jeremypwnz
    The IshtaraMedia folder in my Ui download has two files for the gradient texture.
    One is the normal texture and one is inverted to have the dark part on the bottom.
    Just throwing that out there

You seriously made me spit my cofee all over the keyboard. Searching for a napkin.
    Especially if you look at his avatar after looking at the image.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

Back on topic, my last combat screen as a gnome!

So you can see MSBT, auras, and such. Ugly quality by Imgur - need a better image hosting site.

Just wondering what colors you would use?
    Anything but not dark grey on black. Could go for class colors, something vibrant. You could let it go from green to red depending on amount of health left. You could have the colors change depending on whether you can use an execute kind of ability. Have it change depending on boss rage procs etc. etc. etc. Colors are the easiest thing to identify things with. Though I guess it doesn't matter much for a hunter.

Back on topic, my last combat screen as a gnome!

So you can see MSBT, auras, and such. Ugly quality by Imgur - need a better image hosting site.
    - I still think that this "c1, c2, c3 .." stuff is just.. dunno. I would definitly change that. It doesn't look good.
    - I would bring the ToT on line with player and target uf (health bar), except you have something in that place.

I am not a fan of the colour scheme. I am more like Led. I love vibrant colors and stuff. But that's just a personal opinion. Same for pixel fonts.

Except of this... I really, really like your UI.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

I'm a fan of text indicators, i found that tokens of 2 chars were the best option :P Anyway i can understand the feeling, it goes all about tastes.

That one isn't ToT but focus - pet and ToT frames are aligned with the health bars of player and target respectively - i don't know how i managed to get a screen without tot lol.