Thread: Post Your UI

Back on topic, my last combat screen as a gnome!

So you can see MSBT, auras, and such. Ugly quality by Imgur - need a better image hosting site.

Just wondering what colors you would use?
    Anything but not dark grey on black. Could go for class colors, something vibrant. You could let it go from green to red depending on amount of health left. You could have the colors change depending on whether you can use an execute kind of ability. Have it change depending on boss rage procs etc. etc. etc. Colors are the easiest thing to identify things with. Though I guess it doesn't matter much for a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Back on topic, my last combat screen as a gnome!

So you can see MSBT, auras, and such. Ugly quality by Imgur - need a better image hosting site.
    - I still think that this "c1, c2, c3 .." stuff is just.. dunno. I would definitly change that. It doesn't look good.
    - I would bring the ToT on line with player and target uf (health bar), except you have something in that place.

I am not a fan of the colour scheme. I am more like Led. I love vibrant colors and stuff. But that's just a personal opinion. Same for pixel fonts.

Except of this... I really, really like your UI.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

I'm a fan of text indicators, i found that tokens of 2 chars were the best option :P Anyway i can understand the feeling, it goes all about tastes.

That one isn't ToT but focus - pet and ToT frames are aligned with the health bars of player and target respectively - i don't know how i managed to get a screen without tot lol.

Why not try out Squares or so? There are other pixel fonts which uses symbols .. maybe that works better?

I tried a lot of them, i'm happy with them tbh. Anyway suggestions are always welcome.

What about dropping the 'c' and just doing 1 2 3 4 5?

I can try that too. I still have to do the new sceens for WoWI :P

Btw, anyone has memory "issues" with bag/lootframes addons? The script i'm using (based on stuffing) is going wild, so i disabled it and i'm going to manually reskin the bags.
    Also, i've nearly completed the Aurora edit for ColdUI, so every frame now is styled accordingly wth the UI.

EDIT: i think i need to add some kind of damage meter. I'm working on a Recount skin, but i wanted something more minimal, suggestions are welcome.

alDamageMeter? TinyDPS?

alDamageMeter is very cool. Going for it.

is it me or since mop was released has this thread kind of died.

Nah, everyone's just leveling and that takes out much of my free time and from Ui developement :P

I polished my UI a bit and most of the time I am - sadly - writing my Bachelor Thesis .. so no time for playing and/or building UIs

Do not let gaming fuck up your school work!
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Do not let gaming fuck up your school work!
    It doesn't. That's a thing I learned in my early school life.

(But now, after eight hours of writing my head is burning and I need to relax)

I cleared out the new heroics the other day and found places my UI needs some serious improvement - I need to make my keybinds a little more sane too: I cleared out W and R for 'new abilities' but I find I pretty much never void shift and halo is on such a long cooldown that W is a waste of a bind.

FortExorcist has been kinda sketchy - I started work on making weak auras display ticks so I could replace it.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I cleared out the new heroics the other day and found places my UI needs some serious improvement - I need to make my keybinds a little more sane too: I cleared out W and R for 'new abilities' but I find I pretty much never void shift and halo is on such a long cooldown that W is a waste of a bind.

FortExorcist has been kinda sketchy - I started work on making weak auras display ticks so I could replace it.
    your ui is the only thing im waiting for lol. MOP was cool an all but now im 90 im looking at my current ui. (a rework of Damia's UI from wow interface) and i just die a little inside.
    i cannot stress how excited i am to see your ui released :P i know your gunna hate me but any chance at all you have some sort of estiamted ETA
    p.s you are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post
    In combat

To-do-list

WeakAuras for combo points and totems and demonic fury/burning embers/soul shards.

I was wondering if you have this uploaded anywhere? I think it's really great and would love to try it out!

msbt isnt quite the way i want it but. it will work for leveling.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-09-28 at 10:59 AM.
    Intel Core i5 2500 quad core
    8gb ddr3 ram
    ASUS SABERTOOTH SLI motherboard
    Geforce 580gtx
    Corsiar Force3 120gig SSD (boot drive + WoW install)
    WD 400gb hdd

If your buttons are this small why not get rid of them completely
    Besides this the UI is OK, to be honest I am a design wh**e and if anything does not fit into the UI I tweak it. The UI is functional but not that pretty.