Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7161
    UI is still not entirely done ... not entirely happy with the touchy style unitframes so i might be scratching this ui entirely except for the WeakAuras.

    *Disclaimer* : Lower volume on video if you dont want music .. i just cant stand silent videos so i rendered it with a song from my collection.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  2. #7162
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    UI is still not entirely done ... not entirely happy with the touchy style unitframes so i might be scratching this ui entirely except for the WeakAuras.
    Nice work on the weakauras there! Have you considered moving them above you Dot bars? Not sure how it feel when playing but just looking at your video I have a hard time keeing an eye on both^^
    Also not sure why you have MB and DP on your bars since you got those weakauras showing their CDs?

  3. #7163
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Nice work on the weakauras there! Have you considered moving them above you Dot bars? Not sure how it feel when playing but just looking at your video I have a hard time keeing an eye on both^^
    Also not sure why you have MB and DP on your bars since you got those weakauras showing their CDs?
    thanks the weak auras are not my work, I got them from a youtuber KarlusDavis. MB and DP are there cause I didn't have those auras made yet. I have them to the side cause I just glance at it time to time and the flashing allows me to pay attention. I personally have an issue with tunnel vision so to combat it I put things I need to the sides and it let's me still focus on everything I need. just a trick I made formyself over he years
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  4. #7164
    It amuses me to know there's a "style" of unit frames that occasionally people link my (character's) name with. I don't know who/what my influences were but I'm sure it's just an amalgamation of ideas I saw elsewhere. Everything is a remix even if I've just forgotten what my sources are. I was probably just aping the design of a photocopier I liked or something (the white line unit frames in my tank ui were influenced by the coffee maker my paladin is named after).Anyway, at least we agree that they're not worth being 'totally happy' with - I just don't have a good replacement.

    My old goal of getting a UI out by October is shot. Some of it comes down to my favorite classes being kind of crumby to play right now (priests got less fun IMO, and DKs are so good I had to bench my warrior) but a lot of it comes down to real life: turns out that I have to work a lot harder to graduate this time than I did when I did comp-sci. I might be a good math nerd but I'm almost worthless as a 'real scientist'.
    Last edited by evn; 2012-11-01 at 12:47 AM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

  5. #7165
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    It amuses me to know there's a "style" of unit frames that occasionally people link my (character's) name with. I don't know who/what my influences were but I'm sure it's just an amalgamation of ideas I saw elsewhere. Everything is a remix even if I've just forgotten what my sources are. I was probably just aping the design of a photocopier I liked or something (the white line unit frames in my tank ui were influenced by the coffee maker my paladin is named after).Anyway, at least we agree that they're not worth being 'totally happy' with - I just don't have a good replacement.

    My old goal of getting a UI out by October is shot. Some of it comes down to my favorite classes being kind of crumby to play right now (priests got less fun IMO, and DKs are so good I had to bench my warrior) but a lot of it comes down to real life: turns out that I have to work a lot harder to graduate this time than I did when I did comp-sci. I might be a good math nerd but I'm almost worthless as a 'real scientist'.
    dont get me wrong evn[touchy] i love the look of the style of ui you had made and honestly i wouldnt have tried to remake it if i didnt like the look of it. I remember back in Firelands i came across your WeakAuras dynamic group concept for shadow rotation, hell i even tried to contact you and also look around for anyone with lua knowledge to see if it was possible to make thr VT/SWP lua to work again.

    Your UI's have always been an inspiration for me, ive always liked minimalistic ui's .. on these forums ive had a history of looking around for different elements that i liked and i would try to recreate it on my own for my ui, i think nowadays everyone does this and gets inspirations from everyones style. Foremost i just want to thank you for being a constant inspiration in styles and also showing me what WeakAuras can really do.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  6. #7166
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Haha thanks. Yeah I'm still here. Been rocking that same UI for a while so been kind of quiet. Though I was looking through old screenshots and I kind of want to remake this: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...407_004408.jpg though it would have a more traditional buff system. Maybe even take the theme of it and intertwine it with my current set up.
    I have a screenshot of my hunter when I was using that UI during TBC. I loved your UIs a lot back then.

  7. #7167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    UI is still not entirely done ... not entirely happy with the touchy style unitframes so i might be scratching this ui entirely except for the WeakAuras.

    *Disclaimer* : Lower volume on video if you dont want music .. i just cant stand silent videos so i rendered it with a song from my collection.
    --- video snipped ---
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.



    Last edited by Kepi; 2012-11-01 at 08:53 PM.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  8. #7168
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.



    What texture are you using for the frames? Looks like it might be Striped which i have, but at the same time the definition on the stripes look a little different from my texture. If it's a self-made one, would you mind sharing it?
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

  9. #7169

  10. #7170
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    What texture are you using for the frames? Looks like it might be Striped which i have, but at the same time the definition on the stripes look a little different from my texture. If it's a self-made one, would you mind sharing it?
    its from an old Shared Media folder ive been recycling over the years .. this one in perticular is HalMScanline
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  11. #7171
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.


    That looks pretty awesome. But i do have one question tho. What's the MBlast/Halo/Bender CD timer under the target frames?

  12. #7172
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pretending not to be here
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post
    What's the MBlast/Halo/Bender CD timer under the target frames?
    Could be TellMeWhen. Not sure though, but I used it too once, and it looked like that.
    Lord protector of the Veal

    Pokemon Y
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)
    Friendsafari: Magneton, Forretress, Bronzong

  13. #7173
    Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post
    That looks pretty awesome. But i do have one question tho. What's the MBlast/Halo/Bender CD timer under the target frames?
    Thats Definatly Weak Aura's
    theres a guide on youtube from Touchymcfeel that shows you how to do it.

  14. #7174
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.

    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wwYAkm.jpg[/I MG]

    [video=youtube;6wCTk26prCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wCTk26prCk[/v ideo]
    Very good looking, though, there are a small difference in width of your dot timers and the cast bar, from the looks of it, because the dot timers don't have a border. And why are you tracking ICD and CDs with two addons, one at the bottom of the screen, the CD bar, and the MB/Halo/Mindbender + the ICD under and to the right of that?

  15. #7175
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Very good looking, though, there are a small difference in width of your dot timers and the cast bar, from the looks of it, because the dot timers don't have a border. And why are you tracking ICD and CDs with two addons, one at the bottom of the screen, the CD bar, and the MB/Halo/Mindbender + the ICD under and to the right of that?
    the ICD is being tracked in the forte cooldown bar and only being tracked there .. Procs are being tracked through weakauras as a progress bar but they also show up on Raven. MB is on the WeakAuras mainly because of Divine Insight which is harder for me to tell when ive proc it without seing a visual aura and it was just easier to keep it on WeakAuras. There are a couple of things a tad bigger then they need to be its just a matter of going into the settings and playing with the sizes of the dot timers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post
    That looks pretty awesome. But i do have one question tho. What's the MBlast/Halo/Bender CD timer under the target frames?

    Korallis was correct, it is WeakAuras.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  16. #7176
    What's the use of a cooldown bar at the very bottom of your screen?

  17. #7177
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    What's the use of a cooldown bar at the very bottom of your screen?
    still trying to figure out a good spot for it atm, i was thinking somewhere above the player castbar but not entirely sure i personally do not like it where its at but i was tired from working on the ui all day figuring out what settings did what in the lua coding for the unitframes that i decided to get lazy towards the end.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  18. #7178
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    the ICD is being tracked in the forte cooldown bar and only being tracked there .. Procs are being tracked through weakauras as a progress bar but they also show up on Raven. MB is on the WeakAuras mainly because of Divine Insight which is harder for me to tell when ive proc it without seing a visual aura and it was just easier to keep it on WeakAuras. There are a couple of things a tad bigger then they need to be its just a matter of going into the settings and playing with the sizes of the dot timers.
    Yes, but why have WeakAuras AND fortexorcists cooldown progressbar?

  19. #7179
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Could be TellMeWhen. Not sure though, but I used it too once, and it looked like that.
    I have TellMeWhen and the timers in the vid was behaving 'weirdly' compared to what TMW does. And it seems that it was WeakAuras after all, but thanks for the reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Thats Definatly Weak Aura's
    theres a guide on youtube from Touchymcfeel that shows you how to do it.
    Thank you. Me and Weakauras doesn't blend that well so i think that i'll just have to drool over the timers this time. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Korallis was correct, it is WeakAuras.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Doril; 2012-11-02 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added quotes.

  20. #7180
    I could probably bang up a basic example of a 'moving icon' style aura and a bar to display times fairly easily and then just post an import string. It's not particularly difficult to make a weak auras display that functions basically identical to the fx cooldown bar. The only down side is that you'd have to create auras for every ICD/cooldown/etc you want to track and you'll also be responsible for the 'complicated' triggers that might be required for some ICDs etc.

    It's not an insurmountable challenge but there are enough edge cases that I didn't want to make it a tutorial video.
    Last edited by evn; 2012-11-02 at 09:51 PM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •