Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    the ICD is being tracked in the forte cooldown bar and only being tracked there .. Procs are being tracked through weakauras as a progress bar but they also show up on Raven. MB is on the WeakAuras mainly because of Divine Insight which is harder for me to tell when ive proc it without seing a visual aura and it was just easier to keep it on WeakAuras. There are a couple of things a tad bigger then they need to be its just a matter of going into the settings and playing with the sizes of the dot timers.
    Yes, but why have WeakAuras AND fortexorcists cooldown progressbar?

[00:59:24] Nick | Hunty: im a huntysexual

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Could be TellMeWhen. Not sure though, but I used it too once, and it looked like that.
    I have TellMeWhen and the timers in the vid was behaving 'weirdly' compared to what TMW does. And it seems that it was WeakAuras after all, but thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Thats Definatly Weak Aura's
    theres a guide on youtube from Touchymcfeel that shows you how to do it.
    Thank you. Me and Weakauras doesn't blend that well so i think that i'll just have to drool over the timers this time. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Korallis was correct, it is WeakAuras.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Doril; 2012-11-02 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added quotes.

I could probably bang up a basic example of a 'moving icon' style aura and a bar to display times fairly easily and then just post an import string. It's not particularly difficult to make a weak auras display that functions basically identical to the fx cooldown bar. The only down side is that you'd have to create auras for every ICD/cooldown/etc you want to track and you'll also be responsible for the 'complicated' triggers that might be required for some ICDs etc.

It's not an insurmountable challenge but there are enough edge cases that I didn't want to make it a tutorial video.
    Last edited by evn; 2012-11-02 at 09:51 PM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

very new to the ui-ing game been tinkering with addons for a while finally decided to go and try to make a full halfway usable ui for my self

sorry for big pics[and bad quality] i dont think i can post links yet QQ or im retarted one of the two
    Idle-

action-derping in LFR for SS purpose
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-03 at 07:39 AM.

Got a bit bored, so I started having some fun with my UI.

While casting:

Disabled Grid, Forte and DBM to make it a bit easier to find spots for stuff. Still a lot of things left to be done, but I kinda like it!
    Last edited by TellyTop; 2012-11-03 at 01:27 PM. Reason: linkage fail

My Touchy Clone :-)
    still a massive work in progress but getting there

DeeUi 5

Think all is clearly understandable beyond Weakaura groups so i will explain it short.
    Over player unitframes there are 2 dinamic groups which show:
    1. Trinket procs (grayscale)+ Tier 6 and defensive abilities that i should use on CD (green) <-left part
    2. Important DPS procs - actions i has to use -important CD's ready to be used <-right part
    3.Above all thoose icons there is my ignite tracker
    4. Cooldowns are in a dinamic group under target unitframe.
    Sorry for vuhdo option panel apearing in 3rd pic but couldnt find a quicker way to show raidframes.

Feedback highly apreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    DeeUi 5

Feedback highly apreciated
    i like it alot,
    the only thing i would personaly change is the bottom bar, id make it the same height as the minimap and maybe bring it closer to the left by 2px so it shows the border seen as you have the border on the left.
    other than that thats a damn well made ui

Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-04 at 09:33 AM.

I know that I need to rework some elements, but this seems like my first UI:

Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-04 at 02:49 PM.

Pretty basic but I really want my UI to be abit ''dark'' you know? Im a DK and like have it abit scary :P Any ideas would be a awesome!
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-04 at 02:49 PM.
    WNL <3

General UI:

Raid UI:

It's tough finding addon's that do what you want but eventually I've managed to put together this UI. It has all the utility required to suit the playstyle of a mage and I couldn't live without it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    General UI:

Raid UI:

It's tough finding addon's that do what you want but eventually I've managed to put together this UI. It has all the utility required to suit the playstyle of a mage and I couldn't live without it.
    I'm not a massive design guru or anything, but I do understand a clean and thought out UI. With that in mind, a few questions if you wouldn't mind:

1: Why the mini-map? I mean, it's an 8th of the whole screen! In your raid shot for example I don't understand the purpose of such a large map.

2: Pretty much the same question about recount. What benefit is there for you in having such a large chunk of your screen eaten by your damage meter during a fight?

3: Raid frames. As a mage, why have your frames laid out by class and why so big (again)?

Personally I don't like it, but that's just my taste. When I see UIs like this where I don't understand the design though, rather than complain etc. I'd like to ask why it suits you and why you made the choices you did.

Questions aside, the mana bar is huge and I secretly like that. I can imagine incorporating that into a DeeUI type of interface...

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    I'm not a massive design guru or anything, but I do understand a clean and thought out UI. With that in mind, a few questions if you wouldn't mind:

1: Why the mini-map? I mean, it's an 8th of the whole screen! In your raid shot for example I don't understand the purpose of such a large map.

2: Pretty much the same question about recount. What benefit is there for you in having such a large chunk of your screen eaten by your damage meter during a fight?

3: Raid frames. As a mage, why have your frames laid out by class and why so big (again)?

Personally I don't like it, but that's just my taste. When I see UIs like this where I don't understand the design though, rather than complain etc. I'd like to ask why it suits you and why you made the choices you did.

Questions aside, the mana bar is huge and I secretly like that. I can imagine incorporating that into a DeeUI type of interface...
    My ui is big because it's easier to see and I really don't find it restricting at all. There's no point in wasting unused screen space and I've never had a problem with not being able to see something. I do sit about a foot from my 23 inch 1080p screen which could have something to do with why it works so well for me.

The raid frames in the picture is in lfr and are much smaller in 10man raiding of course. I don't see how I could make the raid frames any smaller without losing the ability to see it as easily. I like being able to see people's health. The only problem with it is I can't set it up to show the hero debuff. Having it sorted by class I just find useful. The symmetry of the ui really works for me and my perfectionism and I like having a lot of detail.

Something I forgot to show is the focus frame which sits just to the left of the big blink button. When I'm raiding I can pretty much see everything useful by looking at my bars at the bottom of the screen. The health bar is more useful then the mana bar since mages can't go oom anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yes, but why have WeakAuras AND fortexorcists cooldown progressbar?
    neither of them are tracking the same thing .. the progress bar in WA is showing the duration of the procs and forte naturally is just showing ICD that isnt the duration.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Ok... Seems like final version of my UI. I'm kinda happy with it, both solo and party/raid.

It's tough finding addon's that do what you want but eventually I've managed to put together this UI. It has all the utility required to suit the playstyle of a mage and I couldn't live without it
    Like the guy before me, its big, its messy, theres a whole lot of totally useless stuff in it, too many buttons and it looks like u really click your pets abillity.
    Having a big mana bar could be usefull but if you play your mage right theres no need to even have a manabar atm.

My ui is big because it's easier to see and I really don't find it restricting at all. There's no point in wasting unused screen space and I've never had a problem with not being able to see something. I do sit about a foot from my 23 inch 1080p screen which could have something to do with why it works so well for me.
    1foot=30cm, a good distance is like 50cm and more!
    If you need a big UI to see from 30cm you, and thats no offense, really need to go to your eye doctor because thats not normal.

I like being able to see people's health
    Its not your job to look at their health
    Its a thing i also had to learn when starting to dps (and i cant disable raidframes yet) but the best dps ust does what he does until he dies. Looking at peoples health is distracting and hesitating or giving up while the whole raid is dying can make the difference between victory and 1%wipe.

he only problem with it is I can't set it up to show the hero debuf
    get vuhdo, afaik u can configure it to only show some debuffs. im not using it so sry i cant help u more in deph with it.

To show you what you are doing here u have an example of how you UI looks(not ThAT bad though): http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5716/watlt5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by purplet View Post
    Like the guy before me, its big, its messy, theres a whole lot of totally useless stuff in it, too many buttons and it looks like u really click your pets abillity.
    Having a big mana bar could be usefull but if you play your mage right theres no need to even have a manabar atm.

1foot=30cm, a good distance is like 50cm and more!
    If you need a big UI to see from 30cm you, and thats no offense, really need to go to your eye doctor because thats not normal.

Its not your job to look at their health
    Its a thing i also had to learn when starting to dps (and i cant disable raidframes yet) but the best dps ust does what he does until he dies. Looking at peoples health is distracting and hesitating or giving up while the whole raid is dying can make the difference between victory and 1%wipe.

get vuhdo, afaik u can configure it to only show some debuffs. im not using it so sry i cant help u more in deph with it.

To show you what you are doing here u have an example of how you UI looks(not ThAT bad though): http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5716/watlt5.jpg
    Thanks for the suggestion about vuhdo. It's not really as important as it used to be. I only really needed the ability on ultrax.

My pet's ability is bound to shift-2 and I definitely don't click it. I only click my major cooldowns, the large buttons and nameplates since tab targeting is so unreliable.

As for everything else it's really personal preference. My ui works fine for me and making it smaller with less things wouldn't improve my dps at all. Looking at the raid frames isn't a problem if you don't need to be looking anywhere else. I often find that during an encounter that I won't need to move and I can tell what I'll be casting the next few seconds. I already wear glasses and my eyes are terrible because I spend 95% of my time sitting in the dark looking at screens that are too close.

The main reason large is useful is I just find it quicker to see things and it's easier to see things in your peripheral vision. I also concentrate extremely hard during fights to the point where I get tunnel vision and I don't even notice the on-screen proc indicator's.

Quote Originally Posted by purplet View Post
    I think that's a pretty unfair comparison. You really don't need more space than what I have to see mechanics and the encounter.

My UI:

I'm pretty comfortable with it right now. Might move the tank frames and get rid of focus frame buffs (or at least reduce the size a lot).
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-06 at 08:13 PM.