Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7341
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Attempting to put together a couple of old UIs.
    What nameplates are those, if you don't mind me asking. I fiddled around with ColdPlates for awhile, couldn't get them to work without the oUF enabled.

  2. #7342
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Attempting to put together a couple of old UIs.

    This one and This one.

    Believe it or not this is a completely different oUF Layout from the one I had 3 days ago.





    todo:

    Sort out buff/debuff/tracker/cooldown icon sizing and locations.
    Fix the castbar timers that I broke.
    Make the castbar class colored.
    Figure out how to get a different class/reaction color on the health bars, similar to how they are in the second screenshot above.
    Yeah ok, you really have to release this one when it's finished.

  3. #7343
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    What nameplates are those, if you don't mind me asking. I fiddled around with ColdPlates for awhile, couldn't get them to work without the oUF enabled.
    How about these?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ates.html#info

  4. #7344
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post

    Hey Ariadne, I really love the look with the orbs, very pretty! Any chance I could get them without using the whole UI package?

  5. #7345
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    What nameplates are those, if you don't mind me asking. I fiddled around with ColdPlates for awhile, couldn't get them to work without the oUF enabled.
    It's Headline. I've been using it for about 2+ years. It hasn't been updated for most of that time so I've edited it and attempted to keep it up-to-date myself by butchering the code. There's a few niggles but it does what I want it to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Yeah ok, you really have to release this one when it's finished.
    The key part of that sentence is "when it's finished." as even I don't know when it'll be finished. ^^
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  6. #7346
    Here is an updated Headline. Just download Headline from Wowinterface or Curse, then replace the Headline.lua with whatever you find on the other side of that link.

    Won't look exactly like carebear's, but close enough.

  7. #7347
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    It's Headline. I've been using it for about 2+ years. It hasn't been updated for most of that time so I've edited it and attempted to keep it up-to-date myself by butchering the code. There's a few niggles but it does what I want it to do.



    The key part of that sentence is "when it's finished." as even I don't know when it'll be finished. ^^
    Or the state as it is in now, I can start from there!

  8. #7348
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Here is an updated Headline. Just download Headline from Wowinterface or Curse, then replace the Headline.lua with whatever you find on the other side of that link.

    Won't look exactly like carebear's, but close enough.
    Thank you

  9. #7349
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    My current UI in progress that I copied from Kaitain...

    ...buffs/debuffs...
    Regarding buffs/debuffs I would suggest using sth like PowerAura/WeakAura and display animated textures instead of actual buff icons. Color/form would give you the indication of the aura. Not sure about cooldown display though.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  10. #7350
    Stood in the Fire MORGATH99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    somewhere only she knows
    Posts
    411
    MY UI
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-20 at 04:55 PM.

  11. #7351
    Blademaster Hiro88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A Coruña, Spain
    Posts
    26
    Idle:


    In combat:


    Any suggestion is welcome (yep, I know I should change the damage font to match the others)
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-20 at 04:56 PM.

  12. #7352
    Hello Ariadne,

    Very impressive UI. I am myself a big fan of Kaitain Shadow UI too. However unlike you I am not sure I have the patience to dig into the possibilities of Weak Auras to reproduce what she did and what you did too. Out of curiosity was it difficult to do? Anyway keep up the good work. Last quick question what kind of font are you using for the unitframes?

    Thanks,
    Eleane.

  13. #7353
    Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Here is an updated Headline. Just download Headline from Wowinterface or Curse, then replace the Headline.lua with whatever you find on the other side of that link.

    Won't look exactly like carebear's, but close enough.
    Is there a way to change the bordercolor of the nameplate when you target someone?
    Last edited by zecxx; 2012-11-20 at 06:21 PM.

  14. #7354
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Interested to know how you configured your debuffs? Did you go with the classic option instead of integrated and then just add in the bars under your Player Frame?

    What are those bars and timers next to your tooltip?

    Assuming this is Elv right? Looks very nice, given me some ideas
    Debuffs are iFilger.

    Went with icons only, then disabled the buffs/debuffs from the unitframe menu.

    WeakAuras (next to tooltip).

    Yep, modified ElvUI.

  15. #7355
    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Is there a way to change the bordercolor of the nameplate when you target someone?
    Why yes there is!
    Just find
    Code:
    local function UpdatePlates(frame)
    if(HeadlineGlobalSettings.target) then
    if(UnitName('target') and frame:GetAlpha() == 1) then
    frame.bg:SetTexture(1, 1, 1)
    else
    frame.bg:SetTexture(0, 0, 0)
    end
    and change
    Code:
    frame.bg:SetTexture(1, 1, 1)
    to
    Code:
    frame.bg:SetTexture(0, 0, 0)

  16. #7356
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    28
    Feeling close to finalize, any feedback is very welcome.

    Solo:


    Out of Combat:


    In Combat:
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-21 at 06:37 AM.

  17. #7357
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereen View Post
    Hey Ariadne, I really love the look with the orbs, very pretty! Any chance I could get them without using the whole UI package?
    Not really. The unitframes are a combination of WeakAuras and Stuf unitframes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleane View Post
    Hello Ariadne,

    Very impressive UI. I am myself a big fan of Kaitain Shadow UI too. However unlike you I am not sure I have the patience to dig into the possibilities of Weak Auras to reproduce what she did and what you did too. Out of curiosity was it difficult to do? Anyway keep up the good work. Last quick question what kind of font are you using for the unitframes?

    Thanks,
    Eleane.
    I have no idea how long it will take. When I did it I just did small parts, tabbed down adn did something, tabbed up fixed a thing then tabbed down again. I'd guess it would take you 1-3 hours depending on how familiar you are with WeakAuras and Stuf. I use Big Noodle Titling as font.

    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Regarding buffs/debuffs I would suggest using sth like PowerAura/WeakAura and display animated textures instead of actual buff icons. Color/form would give you the indication of the aura. Not sure about cooldown display though.
    Hi! Thanks for the suggestion. The thing is though, I need to see exactly when I need to refresh a dot. I also need to see how many GCDs I have left before I need to refresh a dot. I find that hard to do with textures because you never get as exact as you get with numbers on an icon. Like if I use my WeakAuras icons without text, my refreshes are not always on point. It is sometimes one GCD too early, sometimes one GCD too late. I think it is the downside of playing Shadow Priset. You have to track so much stuff that there is no way to display them neatly without affecting your performance.

  18. #7358
    Pit Lord Slavemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    2,309
    I use the Default UI (Heretic I know) I'm not much of a mod person anymore and even when I do use mods they are minor things like a damage meter or a cosplay mod which lets me undress my dressing room character for easier application of trying things on (so I don't have to remove tabards etc.) or a rare spawn tracker, nothing too extreme, it's just how I always have been.

    I like it :3.

  19. #7359
    I'm doing something a little bit naughty; taking a peek at ElvUI. Started playing around with it and realised you can configure it a lot to look like my custom one, but with a lot less cpu usage.
    Tomorrow I'll have a go at configuring it more and post a screenshot of what I can come up with! (Would liked to have carried on some more tonight Damn server shut-downs.)

  20. #7360
    Quote Originally Posted by baltagir View Post
    Feeling close to finalize, any feedback is very welcome.

    Out of Combat:
    Looks a lot like Touchy's UI with some models added.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •