Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7501


    Think it looks pretty good now, been working on it for a while
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-12-01 at 05:20 PM.

  2. #7502
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Anyone got a decent healer Elv setup i can pinch? healing on my monk alt and i cant seem to set it up to be awesome
    This is where I stole my Vuhdo frames from, and in general his setup is very nice!

    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...gansElvUI.html

  3. #7503
    Been doing some more work on my UI. I still need to do targettarget-, pet-, focus- and bossframes (as shown in the second screenshot).
    Also I haven't found a good replacement for satrina buff frames yet so I'm using an un-ideal mix between stuf and default :\
    There's a lot of inspiration in this thread




  4. #7504
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Been doing some more work on my UI. I still need to do targettarget-, pet-, focus- and bossframes (as shown in the second screenshot).
    Also I haven't found a good replacement for satrina buff frames yet so I'm using an un-ideal mix between stuf and default :\
    There's a lot of inspiration in this thread

    <snip>
    Raven is a excellent replacement for SBF(satrina buff frames)
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-12-01 at 08:04 PM.

  5. #7505
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Raven is a excellent replacement for SBF(satrina buff frames)
    I tried raven (twice!) and while I consider myself fairly able to handle configuring addons that one just gave me a massive headache. I think I missed a key point.
    Maybe it's time to give it another shot ^^

  6. #7506


    Updated UI, link in description.

    How's it looking?
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || BTag:Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  7. #7507
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post


    Updated UI, link in description.

    How's it looking?
    Looks good, and functional. One thing that sticks out for me is the size of the unnecessarily large buffs. Could do with a scale down if you ask me

    Also your UI has pointed out to me, and made me curious about a particular aspect of many UIs which I struggle to understand the reasons for why it is needed. I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times. In my opinion it makes many UI compilations look slightly awkward and on the odd occasion, cluttered. If someone could give me a good reason for having it permanently on display, that would be great. I'm not taking a dig at your UI though Jeremypwnz; I'm just genuinely puzzled hehe ^_^

    I should probably add some structure to my argument before letting my post loose to the horde of highly opinionated UI developers
    I personally notice when I'm lagging, whether I can see the datatext or not. Seeing text on my screen telling me that my fps has dropped to a ridiculously low number, or whether my spells are taking multiple seconds to even start casting is not going to help me when I'm ranting and raging over how horrible my internet is playing up. If I want to know how badly my internet is trolling me, scrolling my mouse over my mouseover microbar is not usually too much to handle :P

  8. #7508
    I was gonna tone down the size of the buffs, but I forgot to when I uploaded. lol.

    The FPS/MS being visible is just something I prefer, not sure about others though. I used to have to scroll over the old micromenu every time I wanted to look at my FPS/MS, now I just near the bottom of my screen. I might lower the font by 1 or 2 though, seems a bit big now that I look at it.

    Edit: Changed player buffs from 28x28 to 24x24, and changed FPS/MS text from 12 to 11. Feels a lot less "in your face."
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-12-01 at 03:28 AM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || BTag:Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  9. #7509
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Looks good, and functional. One thing that sticks out for me is the size of the unnecessarily large buffs. Could do with a scale down if you ask me

    Also your UI has pointed out to me, and made me curious about a particular aspect of many UIs which I struggle to understand the reasons for why it is needed. I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times. In my opinion it makes many UI compilations look slightly awkward and on the odd occasion, cluttered. If someone could give me a good reason for having it permanently on display, that would be great. I'm not taking a dig at your UI though Jeremypwnz; I'm just genuinely puzzled hehe ^_^

    I should probably add some structure to my argument before letting my post loose to the horde of highly opinionated UI developers
    I personally notice when I'm lagging, whether I can see the datatext or not. Seeing text on my screen telling me that my fps has dropped to a ridiculously low number, or whether my spells are taking multiple seconds to even start casting is not going to help me when I'm ranting and raging over how horrible my internet is playing up. If I want to know how badly my internet is trolling me, scrolling my mouse over my mouseover microbar is not usually too much to handle :P
    Speaking for myself. My fps/ms is displayed because I use ElvUI as my base and it shows a much more complete memory usage on mouseover. I don't like how the blizz mouseover on the micro bar only shows top 3.

  10. #7510
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    I tried raven (twice!) and while I consider myself fairly able to handle configuring addons that one just gave me a massive headache. I think I missed a key point.
    Maybe it's time to give it another shot ^^
    I would say Raven too. And there is a vid in Touchymcfeel's UI series about raven. Just go to youtube and search for Touchymcfeel Raven.

  11. #7511
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times.
    Having had this on display a while back it was always nice to have it there just for that moment when you want to glance to see if you're lagging or having a drop in FPS. I had a terrible connection back in classic and for some periods through TBC and WotLK. It made it easier for me to have my latency on display so I could check if I was having one of my bad lag spikes in arena before I disconnected.

    I personally thing Jeremy should move his somewhere else as at the moment it looks plonked in the middle of the screen at the bottom; perhaps moving it above your minimap might help it fit in a little more.

    Like in this old screenshot of mine: http://i.imgur.com/Tts1c.jpg
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  12. #7512
    I always use a broker bar that's only shown on mousover for stuff like fps/latency/time/anything else that's worthless in combat.

    As a caster you should have a latency box on your castbar and as a non-caster I usually notice that laggy/delayed GCD long before I watch some ms value.
    And lol at glancing at an fps counter. If you can't tell from looking at the screen that you have fps drops what does checking a number really tell you?

  13. #7513
    Anyone else having problems with their nameplates?
    Some mobs are having their nameplate scaled smaller than the normal ones.
    Kinda annoying when you are using pixel fonts.

    Using Kui_nameplates.

  14. #7514
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I was gonna tone down the size of the buffs, but I forgot to when I uploaded. lol.

    The FPS/MS being visible is just something I prefer, not sure about others though. I used to have to scroll over the old micromenu every time I wanted to look at my FPS/MS, now I just near the bottom of my screen. I might lower the font by 1 or 2 though, seems a bit big now that I look at it.

    Edit: Changed player buffs from 28x28 to 24x24, and changed FPS/MS text from 12 to 11. Feels a lot less "in your face."
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Speaking for myself. My fps/ms is displayed because I use ElvUI as my base and it shows a much more complete memory usage on mouseover. I don't like how the blizz mouseover on the micro bar only shows top 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Having had this on display a while back it was always nice to have it there just for that moment when you want to glance to see if you're lagging or having a drop in FPS. I had a terrible connection back in classic and for some periods through TBC and WotLK. It made it easier for me to have my latency on display so I could check if I was having one of my bad lag spikes in arena before I disconnected.

    I personally thing Jeremy should move his somewhere else as at the moment it looks plonked in the middle of the screen at the bottom; perhaps moving it above your minimap might help it fit in a little more.

    Like in this old screenshot of mine: http://i.imgur.com/Tts1c.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    I always use a broker bar that's only shown on mousover for stuff like fps/latency/time/anything else that's worthless in combat.

    As a caster you should have a latency box on your castbar and as a non-caster I usually notice that laggy/delayed GCD long before I watch some ms value.
    And lol at glancing at an fps counter. If you can't tell from looking at the screen that you have fps drops what does checking a number really tell you?
    @Jeremypwnz - I imagine that it is easier to look at a specific location on your screen to see the damage the lag is doing, than to hover over the micromenu, but I don't think it's necessary. But of course this is just my opinion
    @bOOURNS - I did not know the ElvUI datatext actually did that... this changes almost everything! I would love to see the AddOns which are using the most memory, not just the first 3 but... Would it be worth it, having to suffer with datatext on my screen... Hmmm
    @carebear - I just think that it's fairly easy to tell if you're lagging without having to check the statistics :P Maybe some people are simply inclined to seek why they are lagging, opposed to me who would grin and bear it ^_^
    @empo - having it on mouseover is basically just the same as having the micromenu on mouseover too. I guess you could plonk a lot of extra data on a broker bar though, which would make it worth your while scrolling to the edge of the screen! (First world problems, hehe) But yeah I agree that looking at a number isn't going to help much. When I scroll over my microbar to see how much I'm lagging, it often makes me angrier :P - "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!??!1"

  15. #7515
    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Anyone else having problems with their nameplates?
    Some mobs are having their nameplate scaled smaller than the normal ones.
    Kinda annoying when you are using pixel fonts.

    Using Kui_nameplates.
    Im pretty sure this is a new feature from blizzards side, so "working as inteded"..

    Don't know any addon atm that works around this.

  16. #7516
    Headline works just fine(while I wait for InfintyPlates to be updated)

  17. #7517
    Did a UI overhaul after 5.1 messed up a lot of my addons. I was trying to get into Tuk and ElvUI, but I would want to alter/replace so many things it wasn't worth it.

    Any comments/questions/suggestions are welcome!

    http://i.imgur.com/fIaLI.jpg

    edit: image was too big

    Also, if anyone knows the raid and unit frames this UI is using http://manaflask.com/images/gallerie...141&#91;1].jpg
    Last edited by Ampere; 2012-12-01 at 10:24 PM.

  18. #7518
    High Overlord frantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    York, UK
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Also, if anyone knows the raid and unit frames this UI is using http://manaflask.com/images/gallerie...ot112312215141[1].jpg
    Just looks like Shadowed Unit Frames to me.

  19. #7519
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    snip
    I'm taking your UI, k. I've tried countless times to get elvui to look like I want and yours looks like kinda what I want, few tweaks here and there. But nice ui.

  20. #7520
    High Overlord frantik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    York, UK
    Posts
    144
    Well it's kind of funny. After everyone and their mother switched to ElvUI, I decided I'd give it a spin on patch day since oUF wasn't updated yet. I really liked it for that first day, but something just didn't quite click. It didn't feel right so I went back to my old addons. So the screenshots that are posted in my signature are basically what my UI looks like right now, but when it was with Elv it looked *slightly* different, the general layout hadn't changed.

    You can go ahead and use that but I probably won't be able to offer much support for it, since it's effectively "outdated" after one day. I'll probably re-update it with the original addons at some point but it's not really a priority right now. I guess this is why a lot of UI enthusiasts don't upload their UIs, at least I know with me I'm changing it up every other day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •