Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What are you using to get your buffs to have timers like that?
    The green bars below them look sick.
    Those green timers below my buffs is a plugin for ElvUI called VisualAuraTimers.

Cant post me UI yet Cuz im at Work.

Also still W.I.P.
    Thing to do:
    vertical text focus/target's Target.
    minimap position
    Top bar with stats/bag/gold/ect. info.
    getting nice font.

So im using pitbull 4 and i just cant find out how to do Vertical names..
    Focus and Target's target are both Vertical bars but the names are Horizontal.

All i can show u is an early version which had some fresh changes compared to my old ui, it changed a bit after this one just didnt had much time to complete the list of things to do.

What changed..
    Skada
    BigWigs bar location
    Location cast bar focus/target's target
    Some weak Aura's positions and DoT's Fire Mage / Shadow Offspec / DK diseases
    Grid Side Icon positions.

Last 3 isnt visible on the SS ill add a screenshot with all my Aura's active.

Early stage + remains old UI WiP screenshot yes its on imageshack dont judge me !

Just undecided where to go with me minimap.
    Changed my UI alot of times and had tbh having the minimap bottom middle between unit frames was best but got a bit crowded.
    So im thinking of Bottom Right corner or Top Left corner

Sig made by Resentful

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    -
    Threatbar width looks a little off, and the UF auras could use a little more spacing so the borders don't look cut off. =)

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I love that subzone for taking UI screenshots. It's such a nice place.

Also, I switched to abload.de for hosting screenshots, doesn't massacre the quality like imgur.
    Yeah, your screenshots looked great so I thought I'd try find "your spot" :P
    Just tested out abload.de and found that it is indeed much better. Will be using this in future, thanks!

It's got a thumbnail guide too.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Thanks! I have most of the bars as mouseover and off to the side for non essential things. There is a mouseover one just to the right of the player UF. Swapped in Vuhdo as I can't heal without it but now I'm trying to work out why it refuses to display HoT icons instead of just the text. Most bizarre...although I did copy someone elses WTF settings to get the look and feel right.

Aye big fan of his books. Primarily the culture stuff but just find he is such a fantastic writer I really enojy all his novels!

EDIT: yes to all those saying Imageshack is indeed rubbish
    Recently stumbled across a book of his, read it and was instantly hooked. Should be grabbing his newest one (The Hydrogen Sonata) for christmas!

Ontopic, @pixil...looking damn good! im still tweaking mine here and there, will post when im a little more happy with it!

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Threatbar width looks a little off, and the UF auras could use a little more spacing so the borders don't look cut off. =)
    Normally it should be same width than castbar etc - on that screenshot, it doesn't look like that. Damn, have to look at that.
    I have to admit I have no clue to do that on that oUF Layout, hahaha.
    But I'll look at that, thanks!
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

Anyone got a decent healer Elv setup i can pinch? healing on my monk alt and i cant seem to set it up to be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Anyone got a decent healer Elv setup i can pinch? healing on my monk alt and i cant seem to set it up to be awesome

Might not be to your preference but works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post

Might not be to your preference but works for me!
    Little too much going on there for me tbh mate, but if it works it works
    Think I may have to just sit down and build separate profile for my monk, just having a hard time getting it how i want it for healing

you will probably have better luck in the Healer version of this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...your-UI-Part-2
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Think it looks pretty good now, been working on it for a while
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-12-01 at 05:20 PM.

This is where I stole my Vuhdo frames from, and in general his setup is very nice!

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...gansElvUI.html

Been doing some more work on my UI. I still need to do targettarget-, pet-, focus- and bossframes (as shown in the second screenshot).
    Also I haven't found a good replacement for satrina buff frames yet so I'm using an un-ideal mix between stuf and default :\
    There's a lot of inspiration in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Been doing some more work on my UI. I still need to do targettarget-, pet-, focus- and bossframes (as shown in the second screenshot).
    Also I haven't found a good replacement for satrina buff frames yet so I'm using an un-ideal mix between stuf and default :\
    There's a lot of inspiration in this thread

<snip>
    Raven is a excellent replacement for SBF(satrina buff frames)
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-12-01 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Raven is a excellent replacement for SBF(satrina buff frames)
    I tried raven (twice!) and while I consider myself fairly able to handle configuring addons that one just gave me a massive headache. I think I missed a key point.
    Maybe it's time to give it another shot ^^

Updated UI, link in description.

How's it looking?
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

Updated UI, link in description.

How's it looking?
    Looks good, and functional. One thing that sticks out for me is the size of the unnecessarily large buffs. Could do with a scale down if you ask me

Also your UI has pointed out to me, and made me curious about a particular aspect of many UIs which I struggle to understand the reasons for why it is needed. I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times. In my opinion it makes many UI compilations look slightly awkward and on the odd occasion, cluttered. If someone could give me a good reason for having it permanently on display, that would be great. I'm not taking a dig at your UI though Jeremypwnz; I'm just genuinely puzzled hehe ^_^

I should probably add some structure to my argument before letting my post loose to the horde of highly opinionated UI developers
    I personally notice when I'm lagging, whether I can see the datatext or not. Seeing text on my screen telling me that my fps has dropped to a ridiculously low number, or whether my spells are taking multiple seconds to even start casting is not going to help me when I'm ranting and raging over how horrible my internet is playing up. If I want to know how badly my internet is trolling me, scrolling my mouse over my mouseover microbar is not usually too much to handle :P

I was gonna tone down the size of the buffs, but I forgot to when I uploaded. lol.

The FPS/MS being visible is just something I prefer, not sure about others though. I used to have to scroll over the old micromenu every time I wanted to look at my FPS/MS, now I just near the bottom of my screen. I might lower the font by 1 or 2 though, seems a bit big now that I look at it.

Edit: Changed player buffs from 28x28 to 24x24, and changed FPS/MS text from 12 to 11. Feels a lot less "in your face."
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-12-01 at 03:28 AM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Looks good, and functional. One thing that sticks out for me is the size of the unnecessarily large buffs. Could do with a scale down if you ask me

Also your UI has pointed out to me, and made me curious about a particular aspect of many UIs which I struggle to understand the reasons for why it is needed. I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times. In my opinion it makes many UI compilations look slightly awkward and on the odd occasion, cluttered. If someone could give me a good reason for having it permanently on display, that would be great. I'm not taking a dig at your UI though Jeremypwnz; I'm just genuinely puzzled hehe ^_^

I should probably add some structure to my argument before letting my post loose to the horde of highly opinionated UI developers
    I personally notice when I'm lagging, whether I can see the datatext or not. Seeing text on my screen telling me that my fps has dropped to a ridiculously low number, or whether my spells are taking multiple seconds to even start casting is not going to help me when I'm ranting and raging over how horrible my internet is playing up. If I want to know how badly my internet is trolling me, scrolling my mouse over my mouseover microbar is not usually too much to handle :P
    Speaking for myself. My fps/ms is displayed because I use ElvUI as my base and it shows a much more complete memory usage on mouseover. I don't like how the blizz mouseover on the micro bar only shows top 3.