Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7521
    It's so clean and nothing get's in the way or distracts me which I had problems with before (ADHD :/)
    http://i.imgur.com/b0fyB.jpg

    Addons

    AuraFrames
    Bartender4
    Button Facade
    Chatter
    Clean Icons
    CoolLine
    Masque
    PowerAuras
    Quartz
    Recount
    Sexymap
    ShadowedUF
    Tidyplates
    VuhDo
    Last edited by Xozat; 2012-08-08 at 08:48 AM.

  2. #7522
    Quote Originally Posted by Xozat View Post
    It's so clean and nothing get's in the way or distracts me which I had problems with before (ADHD :/)
    http://i.imgur.com/b0fyB.jpg
    I agree that it is clean, but making it aesthetically pleasing is another thing :P
    Changing the borders on your Chatter, Sexymap, Masque/Bartender, Grid and CoolLine so that they all match would be a massive improvement Also, default Recount looks hideous D:

  3. #7523
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyriss View Post
    My Holy Paladin UI.

    Image
    Personally that's just too much "Flashyness" especially the giant artwork that takes up roughly 30% of your screen
    Emaias

    You guys QQ about how bad Blizz's Development team is... DO you have ANY idea how hard it is to kill Brock's Onyx with a Pikachu?! Yeah GG Nintendo

  4. #7524
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Personally that's just too much "Flashyness" especially the giant artwork that takes up roughly 30% of your screen
    No way D:

    More like 25% !

  5. #7525
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I agree that it is clean, but making it aesthetically pleasing is another thing :P
    Changing the borders on your Chatter, Sexymap, Masque/Bartender, Grid and CoolLine so that they all match would be a massive improvement Also, default Recount looks hideous D:
    I agree, I will make them match. Also why you gotta hate on recount?

  6. #7526
    Quote Originally Posted by Xozat View Post
    I agree, I will make them match. Also why you gotta hate on recount?
    I don't hate it as an AddOn, but it's appearance is horrible. For that reason I prefer Skada

  7. #7527
    Mechagnome Ricen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    660
    Need some improvement points. Ill post a LFR pic soon. Basically Bigwigs is under the target frames, raid frames are under minimap, and skada is at the bottom right !

    Need to know why my dominoes has that ugly red highlight whenever i have a debuff up on a target



    *PS idk why, but the screenshots i take are coming out to really shit quality so sorry :/ (It makes the pixel font on msbt look un readable I thin its because im playing at a 2880x1800 res so the screenshots come out funny looking, just zoom in to see what the font actually looks like.)
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-09 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Linking directly to image

    When a wild forum troll appears

  8. #7528
    Looks good, but set the pixel fonts to correct size or they will look crappy.

  9. #7529
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Need some improvement points. Ill post a LFR pic soon. Basically Bigwigs is under the target frames, raid frames are under minimap, and skada is at the bottom right !

    Need to know why my dominoes has that ugly red highlight whenever i have a debuff up on a target



    *PS idk why, but the screenshots i take are coming out to really shit quality so sorry :/ (It makes the pixel font on msbt look un readable I thin its because im playing at a 2880x1800 res so the screenshots come out funny looking, just zoom in to see what the font actually looks like.)
    Are you using something like InlineAura (something that shows when you have x abilities on your bars running on the target).

    @ Coldkill what addon are your nameplates based on? I'm bout 95% finished with an MoP update of my UI. I'm missing a nameplate addon and a threat table addon (dnameplates and stthreatmeter, respectively). Thought I had fixed the API changes in the addons but I don't think I have =|

    Guess I'm having the same problem with alDamagemeter (only showing my own dps/healing and no one elses)

  10. #7530
    Looks like it's ravens highlights.

  11. #7531
    Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    @ Coldkill what addon are your nameplates based on? I'm bout 95% finished with an MoP update of my UI. I'm missing a nameplate addon and a threat table addon (dnameplates and stthreatmeter, respectively). Thought I had fixed the API changes in the addons but I don't think I have =|
    New MoP version is a nameplate addon based on rDiabloPlates, though i've rewritten pretty much everything in there apart the scan function.

    I've still to add the aggro coloring - methods are ready, need to put them in the right place

    As for aggrometer i use s2threatmeter and it's working fine.

  12. #7532
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    210
    i made this one a few weeks ago, and i actually am quite proud on it, so be gentle

    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-09 at 04:12 PM.

  13. #7533
    Mechagnome Ricen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    Are you using something like InlineAura (something that shows when you have x abilities on your bars running on the target).

    @ Coldkill what addon are your nameplates based on? I'm bout 95% finished with an MoP update of my UI. I'm missing a nameplate addon and a threat table addon (dnameplates and stthreatmeter, respectively). Thought I had fixed the API changes in the addons but I don't think I have =|

    Guess I'm having the same problem with alDamagemeter (only showing my own dps/healing and no one elses)
    Yeah i have weakauras to the left where the black arrow icon is. It tracks Black arrow/SS/Explosive shot/and AoH when they are not up. (and explosive shot when it is ticking)

    @coldkill. I wanna post a better jpeg to show you all how the font looks on my screen just to make sure its correct.

    When a wild forum troll appears

  14. #7534
    Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    i made this one a few weeks ago, and i actually am quite proud on it, so be gentle

    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1...0912142729.jpg
    - I would synchronize fonts and add outline to them.
    - Same with bar textures, I'd use the same texture on casting bars and unit frames.
    - Change the time format of your buffs in the upper right corner, the timers are overlapping each other because your current format takes too much space. only show seconds if the buff is less than a minute, only show minutes if it's between 1-59 minutes and only show hours if it's 1 hour or longer duration.
    - Way too much text on target and targetoftarget (or is it focus?) frames. The bars are class colored, so you don't need to show class text. You should truncate your mana text similar to health and show just 150k instead of 149976. You also shouldn't need to show total mana, its only purpose would be to judge a player's gear level without inspecting but most of the time you're doing that they're at full mana and you'd have that number anyways. In Mists everyone will have a fixed mana pool so it wouldn't be useful at all. Either showing <curHealth/maxHealth> or <curHealth | healthPercent> would be enough, no need to show all three values.
    - You have double up on target casting bar, you shouldn't need to show it with both unit frames and quartz.
    - Seeing as it seems you're a healer, wouldn't it be more useful to have the raid frames more centralized?

  15. #7535
    Field Marshal Senit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    87
    I need some opinions. I've just finished renovating my UI, but I don't know which version I like better. (Original will be changed slightly (Less action bars, perhaps smaller UFs.))

    Original:


    Updated:
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

  16. #7536
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    I need some opinions. I've just finished renovating my UI, but I don't know which version I like better. (Original will be changed slightly (Less action bars, perhaps smaller UFs.))
    First off, are you working with oUF now?

    As for my opinion, I'll post in bullet point format

    - I personally prefer the mini-map in the bottom corner.

    - The buffs in the top corner seem unnecessary to me in minimal UIs. If there's a buff you need to track then Weakauras/Powerauras/Tellmewhen etc can track those for you in a more helpful place (I'm assuming your trying to have all the important information consolidated in your central vision).

    - Perhaps showing the percentage of your targets health would be helpful so you know exactly when you enter your execute phase.

    - Are those debuffs your tracking on your target above your action bar (I have no idea what rogues track so this is an uneducated guess)? Maybe move those out to the left a little so the area directly around your character is totally clear.

    - I would put your energy bar above the health bar, and change the colour of your combo points (colour code them red to green from left to right)

    - Fonts! Change them up so they all match before someone else notices and tells you off!

    - Maybe add OmniCC or TullaCC for your cooldown bar.

    - Raidframes? What are you using and where to they go? Also where are the Focus and Target of Target frames?


    Overall I'm pretty torn on which I prefer. I think the first one looks a little more 'finished', but

  17. #7537
    Field Marshal Senit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    First off, are you working...a little more 'finished', but
    No, the updated version is still using Pitbull. As much as I'd love to switch to oUF, the scripting necessary is a bit beyond my current capability.

    A couple comments on your points:
    -I'd like to show health percentages, but I'm not sure where I'd put it.
    -I'll probably end up moving my buff tracker to the left, like in the original.
    -About the fonts; I love pixel, but some things (SCT and Chat) I just can't fluently read in a pixel font. This leads to mismatching fonts, need to figure out what to do about that.
    -Cooldown tracker and raid frames are both installed, just not present. In an updated screenshot I'll include them.
    "¡Ustedes no tienes nadie mas para pelear! ¡Llena tus bolsillos y dejarse en paz, o quedar y pelear conmigo, y morir!"
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

  18. #7538
    Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    I need some opinions. I've just finished renovating my UI, but I don't know which version I like better. (Original will be changed slightly (Less action bars, perhaps smaller UFs.))

    Original:
    http://i.imgur.com/cQlXgm.jpg

    Updated:
    http://i.imgur.com/NnkKOm.jpg
    The old font looked a way better.
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  19. #7539


    My ui
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-10 at 09:09 AM.

  20. #7540
    Just finished my new interface, what are your opionions?

    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-10 at 09:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •