Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7561
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post


    I am about to redo my entire UI, so I want harsh criticism on my current one so I know what to do and what not to do.

    (Somebody thumbnail it for me please, idk how )
    1. Your recount is huge, try to tone it down a little.
    2. Your Omen is pretty large, I don't even use omen anymore since threat doesn't seem to matter with the buff.
    3. Try to find a way to minimize the buffs shown.

  2. #7562
    Mechagnome Ricen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Made a UI for my Shaman a good while back. Don't believe I ever ended up posting it.


    - Click to enlarge!

    Inspired by my Death Knight's UI, which in turn was inspired by somebody on this forum. Sadly, I don't have a name to credit.

    Everything was designed and made from scratch on my end, though.
    How did you take such a high res screen shot! And what font are you using for MSBT?

    When a wild forum troll appears

  3. #7563
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Changing_the_screenshot_format

    Switch your screenshot format to TGA then convert it to PNG (24-bit) using whatever tool your operating system provides or an application like Photoshop.

  4. #7564
    Mechagnome Ricen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    660
    Thank you sir

    When a wild forum troll appears

  5. #7565
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    How do you make your own debuffs to be coloured while the others are shadowed? I'm guessing you're using oUF.. if so, is there any chance to do that with StUF? Thanks.
    I didn't make these unitframes I'm afraid. They are directly copied from Carebear's UI (CareUI)
    It is oUF that is being used, and I must admit that the only unitframe AddOns I used before oUF were Pitbull and ShadowedUnitframes so I'm not sure about StUF, sorry!
    All I could suggest is to steal the unitframes from CareUI like I did.

  6. #7566
    http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6...1212163818.jpg
    Elvui with skada and bt4 bars using masque button skins .
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

  7. #7567
    Xthoth your UI looks fucking AMAZING! Please share :]

  8. #7568
    Mechagnome Ricen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I didn't make these unitframes I'm afraid. They are directly copied from Carebear's UI (CareUI)
    It is oUF that is being used, and I must admit that the only unitframe AddOns I used before oUF were Pitbull and ShadowedUnitframes so I'm not sure about StUF, sorry!
    All I could suggest is to steal the unitframes from CareUI like I did.
    What pixel font do you use, I still cant seem to fine a reasonable one

    When a wild forum troll appears

  9. #7569
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    What pixel font do you use, I still cant seem to fine a reasonable one
    The font I use is named Skurri, but it is a variation of the regular Skurri font. I'm not sure how it was edited, but again I'm going to have to confess to stealing it from CareUI :P
    The player/target frames, boss frames, raid frames and the font that I use throughout my are from CareUI.
    Other things on my UI are separate AddOns such as Chinchilla, Power Auras, MSBT, Chatter, etc etc (Can't be bothered making a full list hehe)

  10. #7570
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Made a UI for my Shaman a good while back. Don't believe I ever ended up posting it.


    Inspired by my Death Knight's UI, which in turn was inspired by somebody on this forum. Sadly, I don't have a name to credit.

    Everything was designed and made from scratch on my end, though.
    Love this, you should upload it! What are your main addons there?

  11. #7571
    The Patient Tmbryant91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    279
    Best UI ever (so serious).



    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-13 at 12:48 PM.

  12. #7572
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    What pixel font do you use, I still cant seem to fine a reasonable one
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    The font I use is named Skurri, but it is a variation of the regular Skurri font. I'm not sure how it was edited, but again I'm going to have to confess to stealing it from CareUI
    I do believe the original name for the font is Pixelway_Baseline, I could be wrong as I've used quite a few though. Best bet would be to steal it from my uploaded UI. -- http://www.wowinterface.com/download...39-CareUI.html
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  13. #7573
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    What pixel font do you use, I still cant seem to fine a reasonable one
    try using expressway or rondaseven

  14. #7574
    Mechagnome Ricen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenjaa View Post
    try using expressway or rondaseven
    Been looking for a pixel font...

    And Care thanks! I think I have found a couple ive liked, should post a pic soon, just need help on MSBT placement, im having a rough time

    When a wild forum troll appears

  15. #7575
    Field Marshal Sagryth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    68
    http://i.minus.com/ibrbFkzBhB8pj9.png (don't know how to make pic smaller so just linked it)
    Pretty much done now, tweaks here-and-there with time, perhaps.

  16. #7576
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    http://i.minus.com/ibrbFkzBhB8pj9.png (don't know how to make pic smaller so just linked it)
    Pretty much done now, tweaks here-and-there with time, perhaps.
    Symmetry.

    The gap between your Recount and Minimap is larger than the gap between all panels and the Bottom panel.

    The Minimap is then closer to the edge of the screen, than your Chatbox.

    Your Class bar might be off-centre, or at least it feels that way. Perhaps due to the buffs under your Target frame. And I would put the buffs closer to the Player/Target frames, at the same distance as the gap is between your panels and the Bottom panel.

    I would also move the handle-bar for the TargetofTarget frame up so that it comes out of the middle of the HP bar of the Target frame, rather than in the middle of the Target frame.

    The size of the panel for your Action bars could also be reduced, so that the gap between its border and the border of the buttons is the same as the gap between each button.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-08-13 at 08:26 PM.

  17. #7577
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Been looking for a pixel font...

    And Care thanks! I think I have found a couple ive liked, should post a pic soon, just need help on MSBT placement, im having a rough time
    http://pixelfonts.style-force.net/

    A few nice ones there as well.

    Frucade Regular is what I currently use and love it; used RondaSeven until swapping to this, both are very similar though.

  18. #7578
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    just need help on MSBT placement, im having a rough time
    I know exactly what you mean. I always struggled with where to put it so that it didn't get in the way but was also somewhere easy to look.

    When I was having a little play a few weeks ago for a month I actually got rid of damage text altogether. Whilst playing the MOP beta I decided that the numbers are just going to get ridiculous and in the way so I started to play without them. I didn't pay attention to them not being there at all.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  19. #7579
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    http://i.minus.com/ibrbFkzBhB8pj9.png (don't know how to make pic smaller so just linked it)
    Pretty much done now, tweaks here-and-there with time, perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Symmetry.

    The gap between your Recount and Minimap is larger than the gap between all panels and the Bottom panel.

    The Minimap is then closer to the edge of the screen, than your Chatbox.

    Your Class bar might be off-centre, or at least it feels that way. Perhaps due to the buffs under your Target frame. And I would put the buffs closer to the Player/Target frames, at the same distance as the gap is between your panels and the Bottom panel.

    I would also move the handle-bar for the TargetofTarget frame up so that it comes out of the middle of the HP bar of the Target frame, rather than in the middle of the Target frame.

    The size of the panel for your Action bars could also be reduced, so that the gap between its border and the border of the buttons is the same as the gap between each button.
    Looking nice, and Cowt raises some good points.
    My input would be to make the font on the unitframes white. All of it. All of those colours on the grey background is painful on the eyes. Or at least... it is in my opinion :P
    I would also suggest making the borders on the buffs/debuffs on the unitframes black, instead of the white/grey colour that they are now
    Other than the above^ it's coming along nicely

  20. #7580
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    http://i.minus.com/ibrbFkzBhB8pj9.png (don't know how to make pic smaller so just linked it)
    Pretty much done now, tweaks here-and-there with time, perhaps.
    I will add to the suggestions Cowt gave you.

    1. What the heck is going on with your button skin? The edges are an uneven thicknesses on every button. Your buff icon border (on your unit frames) looks great but it needs to be changed to black, I'm not quite sure why its currently white.
    2. Do you frequently forget your own name, class, level and race? If not, you don't need that information on your play frame.
    3. Unless you use this UI for serious PvP, you also don't need to know the text values of your target's power or their race.
    4. The blue color you are using for your power is ugly and distracting. It's too vibrant.
    5. Add some borders to your rep bar.
    6. The spacing and placement of your data texts seems completely random, none of them are lining up with anything.
    7. I am all for decorative paneling in a Ui, but the lines going from your target to ToT frame seem visually unnecessary.
    8. Your ToT frame could stand to be a bit thinner, perhaps the same thickness as your Recount bar.

    GL
    <3
    Ish

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •