A few nice ones there as well.
Frucade Regular is what I currently use and love it; used RondaSeven until swapping to this, both are very similar though.
When I was having a little play a few weeks ago for a month I actually got rid of damage text altogether. Whilst playing the MOP beta I decided that the numbers are just going to get ridiculous and in the way so I started to play without them. I didn't pay attention to them not being there at all.
My input would be to make the font on the unitframes white. All of it. All of those colours on the grey background is painful on the eyes. Or at least... it is in my opinion :P
I would also suggest making the borders on the buffs/debuffs on the unitframes black, instead of the white/grey colour that they are now
Other than the above^ it's coming along nicely
1. What the heck is going on with your button skin? The edges are an uneven thicknesses on every button. Your buff icon border (on your unit frames) looks great but it needs to be changed to black, I'm not quite sure why its currently white.
2. Do you frequently forget your own name, class, level and race? If not, you don't need that information on your play frame.
3. Unless you use this UI for serious PvP, you also don't need to know the text values of your target's power or their race.
4. The blue color you are using for your power is ugly and distracting. It's too vibrant.
5. Add some borders to your rep bar.
6. The spacing and placement of your data texts seems completely random, none of them are lining up with anything.
7. I am all for decorative paneling in a Ui, but the lines going from your target to ToT frame seem visually unnecessary.
8. Your ToT frame could stand to be a bit thinner, perhaps the same thickness as your Recount bar.
Well here is what i got. Hopefully the screenys came out good.
http://i.imgur.com/nlNpb.jpg -Raid idle
*The res on my mac is too high, just zoom in close to see what the font looks like on my screen. Cant seem how to make the screenshots come out right.
---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 09:38 PM ----------
When a wild forum troll appears
Please take it as constructive criticism, rather than me tearing your UI a new one... :P
I should point out that I have zoomed in to see it closer, but your resolution is way bigger than mine, and I couldn't get a decent screencap to point out my issues when it was zoomed in hehe
nice work cold
[QUOTE=Cham;17975749]Here's my new one, inspired by a few in this thread. I'm not done yet though, still a few tweaks left.
Hey, Cham. What are you using there? Is that an oUF layout?
Currently designing new UI. I'm just wondering can anyone here help me with 1 or 2 things.
I'm looking to use recount but HATE the original skin. I am using Tukui with most opions disabled as a workaround but there has to be an easier way :P (I'm not good with LUA code)
I'm also looking to have DBM different, really thin bars with text / timer text outside on top. (No luck with in game options)
A combat text addon like MSBT that actually shows right spell icons
Also, is the target of the target of the target really so important? :P
And Sexymap. *cringe* I would always suggest replacing that with some nicer AddOn.
However if you're fine with it, then why change it!?
As for the DBM thing: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...I-DBMSkin.html
(You need to re-apply this skin every time you update DBM though as it goes inside the DBM files)
Not sure what you mean by the last point. I've personally never had any problems with the icons on MSBT.
You can change the texture and font to your liking. Change the colours to suit your needs. And make the header transparent, and create your own header in kgPanels or something similar.
Making Recount look exactly the way you want it isn't out or reach.
- I personally don't like Skada because of how it logs the data. And as of some patch in WotLK; it is no longer significantly lighter on the RAM, which was the main reason to use it in the first place.
1. I don't like the data text at the top, nor do I enjoy the panel for your data text touching the edge of the screen. Nothing else touches the edges of the screen. I would put the data text panel below the chat frame to consolidate the areas that contain text information.
2. The inconsistent spacing for your data texts is like nails on a chalkboard
3. I don't like anything about your ToT frame. The scale, placement, text alignment...all can be tweaked.
4. The target frame lacks reliable class identification. I would swap the health texts on your target frame so that the % value is on the right and mirrors your player's power value. Then you can make the target's health % text class colored to add reliable class identification and also mimic the class coloring of your player's power text.
5. Speaking of your player's power text...I would code the player's power text to display as red when in combat, green (or blue) when resting, and class colored when neither resting or in combat. This will allow you to remove those dots that you are using for combat/resting notification.
6. I know it wont change anything but I am still going to say it; I hate the portrait overlay. It's unnecessary and visually distracting.
7. Your cast bar edges don't line up with the paneling behind your unit frame texts. It looks to be off by 1 px.
8. Lastly (for now :P)...your nameplates. The spell icon display on the nameplate cast bar doesn't look like it has a 1px black border. Also, I don't like the red aggro outline on the outside of the health bar. Couldn't you aggro color the name itself on the name plate? Red name is high aggro, yellow is medium aggro, green is little aggro...something like that. I think the health bar aggro outline looks out of place in this Ui design.
Keep up the great work