Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7821
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The unitframe above my player frame is focus and above that focus target. Boss Frame is the one completely to the right on the screen, will align too the same hight as player and target fram.

    Grid, bigwigs and cast bar? Or do you see any farther more?
    1) And what is the right thing with "Ultraxion" on it? It looks kinda out of place.. not aligned to anything.
    2) I guess, yes. Doesn't count all bars.. just seen some with and some without.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  2. #7822
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post

    http://i.imgur.com/gRL9g.jpg

    - Castbar, Actionbar 1+2 aren't same width.
    - Same for your Dot Timer above the target frame.
    - Some of your unit frames have font outline, some don't.
    Rest is more or less Elv UI, so...
    I am very much open to using anything else than ElvUI.

    I am very unsure as to what to use right now, I want something very solid, very smooth, very clean for MoP and onwards.

    Would that suffice? Does anyone have any recommendations for a pre-made UI / a layout that I could make myself and try out?

    Inspiration is more or less what I am looking for. Some I found here, but you can never get enough.

    Rank 1 Marksmanship Hunter for Hellfire Citadel, Rank 1 Beast Mastery Hunter for Blackrock Foundry & Siege of Orgrimmar, Rank 2 Survival Hunter for Highmaul.
    Icy-Veins Hunter Guidewriter
    | The quality of my answer will depend on the effort you put into the question.

  3. #7823
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,746
    Anyone know how to change the color of class colors on Skada?

  4. #7824
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Anyone know how to change the color of class colors on Skada?
    You gotta change the definitions for class colors somewhere in Skada's own lua code. I am afraid I know nothing about that, but that's my guess.

    Rank 1 Marksmanship Hunter for Hellfire Citadel, Rank 1 Beast Mastery Hunter for Blackrock Foundry & Siege of Orgrimmar, Rank 2 Survival Hunter for Highmaul.
    Icy-Veins Hunter Guidewriter
    | The quality of my answer will depend on the effort you put into the question.

  5. #7825
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Anyone know how to change the color of class colors on Skada?
    use !ClassColors addon. allows you to change class colors for any addon using a libdb I believe. I use it to change all my addons' colors minus grid.

    Here is a link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/classcolors/

    Enjoy!
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

  6. #7826
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    use !ClassColors addon. allows you to change class colors for any addon using a libdb I believe. I use it to change all my addons' colors minus grid.

    Here is a link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/classcolors/

    Enjoy!
    Thank you!

    Now I just got to figure out how to add outline to BigWigs and I might be done.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 08:23 PM ----------

    Removed auras from buffs.
    Made all icons have the same look (Until I can find a way for me to change how the power icons look).
    Added a border to minimap, removed WiM button.
    Changed the class colors to bit more vibrant close to neon colors, and made skada use class colors.
    Added outline on quartz and grid, still haven't found how to add it to BigWigs.
    Got a new nameplates Addon.




  7. #7827
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    So pretty much finished up my core UI, now just going along configuring it for all characters:

    Warlock:


    Hunter:


    Paladin:


    Feedback plox Pet peeves/nit picks are the best.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-08-26 at 09:49 AM.

  8. #7828
    Last edited by tordenflesk; 2012-08-25 at 08:39 PM.

  9. #7829
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Got a new nameplates Addon.
    May I ask what the name of that nameplate addon is?

    I've just been using grid for a while, but i'm fed up of it now :(

  10. #7830
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Kli View Post
    May I ask what the name of that nameplate addon is?

    I've just been using grid for a while, but i'm fed up of it now
    dNameplates

    But you are aware about the fact that grid isn't a nameplate addon?
    Last edited by Joyful; 2012-08-26 at 01:15 AM.

  11. #7831
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Pet peeves/nit picks are the best.
    Thumbnails.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  12. #7832
    Why do people love having so much sh*t in the middle of the screen? I've yet to see an addon that doesn't have anything in the middle of it. The clearer the screen for me, the better.

    That's why I use the default.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

  13. #7833
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Why do people love having so much sh*t in the middle of the screen? I've yet to see an addon that doesn't have anything in the middle of it. The clearer the screen for me, the better.

    That's why I use the default.
    So there you don't have to look to the edges of the screen to get information which you can get much quicker if it's in the middle. Think about it... You look to the edge of your screen to see how much HP the boss has left, and then you look back and you're standing in fire. If information is in the middle of your screen you don't even have to take your eyes off your character.

  14. #7834
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    So there you don't have to look to the edges of the screen to get information which you can get much quicker if it's in the middle. Think about it... You look to the edge of your screen to see how much HP the boss has left, and then you look back and you're standing in fire. If information is in the middle of your screen you don't even have to take your eyes off your character.
    That is why audio alerts are so important. While I still centralize a lot myself, I do use things like GTFO and Power Auras (to be replaced with the much superior Weak Auras in MoP) and have been using it so long that I react to the sound without having to consciously look.

  15. #7835
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    That is why audio alerts are so important. While I still centralize a lot myself, I do use things like GTFO and Power Auras (to be replaced with the much superior Weak Auras in MoP) and have been using it so long that I react to the sound without having to consciously look.
    I find the audio alerts very helpful too, but as a raid leader of a 10man heroic raiding team, that's just not going to cut it.

  16. #7836
    Here's my newest Iteration:

    In capital/Mounted: http://i.imgur.com/WiQJB.jpg
    Very clean and simple since you don't to see a lot while messing around in cities.

    In Combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/2Czo8.jpg
    Functional. Left is Target, Middle is me, right is pet. Focus is below the Target frame.

  17. #7837
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyza View Post
    Here's my newest Iteration:

    In capital/Mounted: http://i.imgur.com/WiQJB.jpg
    Very clean and simple since you don't to see a lot while messing around in cities.

    In Combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/2Czo8.jpg
    Functional. Left is Target, Middle is me, right is pet. Focus is below the Target frame.
    What's that bag mod?
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  18. #7838
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    What's that bag mod?
    Looks like bagnon with a transparent background. Possibly from skinner.

  19. #7839
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    What's that bag mod?
    Arkinventory with no Border or Background, modded by Aurora for the transparancy. (Could probably work with Skinner)
    Last edited by Kyza; 2012-08-26 at 10:34 PM.

  20. #7840
    Trying to go with a very clean yet nice looking UI.
    I'm thinking of changing my unit frame and I'm open to suggestions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •