Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    PrintScreen, paste into Paint, save as PNG. Imgur downscales large png files back down to jpg however so you have to find somewhere else to host if you want the high quality images.
    Will give that a bash
    Using Abload.de for images

PrintScreen, paste into Paint, save as PNG. Imgur downscales large png files back down to jpg however so you have to find somewhere else to host if you want the high quality images.
    Or just have wow save them as png directly.

Add in your config.wtf the lines

Set screenshotFormat png
    Set screenshotQuality 10

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Or just have wow save them as png directly.

Add in your config.wtf the lines

Set screenshotFormat png
    Set screenshotQuality 10
    This actually doesn't work for me, only works with jpg and tga files.

I play on a Mac, so that might be the difference, mine save as png just fine.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    What mod are you using to track frostbomb and fingers of frost? and what are you tracking with fingers of frost? time before it expires?
    what texture are you using for statusbars?
    I'm using Weakauras to track important things like that, just a simple icon for each thing. Finger of Frost is stacks, since the duration of that isn't important. Frost Bomb is the cooldown. The icons are skinned by CleanIcons Thin. The default icons are replaced so anything like Weakauras that uses them is skinned as well.

Status bar texture is fade1, from Ishtara's media folder.
    Last edited by OriginalVocalMix; 2012-12-18 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I've never understood this CoolLine thing. How do you quickly glance at a specific spell to see how long it's left of it if it is stacked with other spells so the icons overlap? How do you realize a spell is ready if you missed it coming off cooldown on the line? I feel like CoolLine is just a tool for UI enthusiasts to make cooldown tracking look good but is useless if you want to maximize performance.
    Completely agree with what you just said. Action bars are the way to go...

Wow really? Anyone know a decent host then?
    Last edited by Extra; 2012-12-19 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    Completely agree with what you just said. Action bars are the way to go...
    Hide your action bars and get some WEAK AURAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Hide your action bars and get some WEAK AURAS!
    Hehe. I know what you mean by that and I can see that working as well (I haven't personally tried it). I have everything binded and hidden and just have important spells shown on a seperate bar. Been meaning to try weakauras

I started to re-work mine; thoughts please

Not going for 100% pixel perfect just yet - spent far too long just trying to sort out the WA and new cast bar. Will work on bars, Unit Frames and SBT soon enough.

Old:

New:

I forgot to add in the " " around png and the value 10. perhaps that may make it work?

SET screenshotFormat "png"
    SET screenshotQuality "10"

Just seems silly to me saving as jpg, converting an already compressed jpg to png format, you wouldn't gain any of the benefits of the better format.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    Wow really? Anyone know a decent host then?
    http://abload.de/

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I've never understood this CoolLine thing. How do you quickly glance at a specific spell to see how long it's left of it if it is stacked with other spells so the icons overlap? How do you realize a spell is ready if you missed it coming off cooldown on the line? I feel like CoolLine is just a tool for UI enthusiasts to make cooldown tracking look good but is useless if you want to maximize performance.
    Unfortunately I couldn't disagree more with you. I've been using CoolLine now on and off for about two years. It's a very handy cooldown tracker and if you position it correctly you can see what's on cooldown with just a quick glimpse. Again, if positioned correctly you won't miss when an ability comes off cooldown either. Mine is placed in a position so that I can see the icon when it flashes in the corner of my eye without taking my eyes away from the position of my character. (see here) Not only that, but I also have a general idea of when an ability is coming off cooldown because I'm so used to the rotation and abilities of the class.

On-topic. I'll give the borders a mix and match. I need to do something with them but this monitor resolution is a pain. Got work in 10 minutes and then a whole weekend of late shifts (yay, /sigh) so I won't be doing much UI messing.
    Last edited by carebear; 2012-12-19 at 06:35 AM.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (when I bother) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

After many hours of /reloading in font's into sharedmedia i finally found one i can use pretty much across the board. I also added in bars on my cd's on the bottom. (which is 100% done in WeakAuras)

Raid25 DPS (zoom in all the way to see it in it's full res)

Now if i can figure out how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons and also get rid of the stupid black shadow on Skada bars (why do they have that when the title bar for Skada doesn't?! /sigh)

After many hours of /reloading in font's into sharedmedia i finally found one i can use pretty much across the board. I also added in bars on my cd's on the bottom. (which is 100% done in WeakAuras)

Raid25 DPS (zoom in all the way to see it in it's full res)
    Snippy

Now if i can figure out how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons and also get rid of the stupid black shadow on Skada bars (why do they have that when the title bar for Skada doesn't?! /sigh)
    Looks awesome, but the energy text ever so slightly touching the bar gets to me. I would move the energy text down just a px.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

get rid of the stupid black shadow on Skada bars
    Skadafont is something i just made up, look for where the fonts are added in bardisplay.lua.. don't have access to check myself atm.

skadafont:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 0)
    Last edited by twin2; 2012-12-19 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Looks awesome, but the energy text ever so slightly touching the bar gets to me. I would move the energy text down just a px.
    Ok fixed. I kinda preferred it touching cause 1px down created a thick black line between the text and bar, so i just moved down 2px.

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Skadafont is something i just made up, look for where the fonts are added in bardisplay.lua.. don't have access to check myself atm.
    I love you, but i'd love you more if you also knew how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons

Above Edits

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I'm using Weakauras to track important things like that, just a simple icon for each thing. Finger of Frost is stacks, since the duration of that isn't important. Frost Bomb is the cooldown. The icons are skinned by CleanIcons Thin. The default icons are replaced so anything like Weakauras that uses them is skinned as well.

Status bar texture is fade1, from Ishtara's media folder.
    thanks for the info !
    I've set up the Frostbomb cd tracker wich is pretty straightforward but I'm struggling with the FoF stack tracker.
    how did you set that up?

Ok fixed. I kinda preferred it touching cause 1px down created a thick black line between the text and bar, so i just moved down 2px.

I love you, but i'd love you more if you also knew how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons

Above Edits
    I can't stand that font, readability is horrible. Especially on the unit frames where every font string looks different in height etc :/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    I can't stand that font, readability is horrible. Especially on the unit frames where every font string looks different in height etc :/
    Not sure what you mean by the horrible readability. The font is thin and crisp. My monitor is 27" so it's very easy to read.(Perhaps you did not view the image at its full res). I have since changed the font on the numbers in the unit frame to the same thats used everywhere else (in that SS the numbers are a diff font). Either way, sorry that your preference doesn't match what's in my UI.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-19 at 01:13 PM.

Not sure what you mean by the horrible readability. The font is thin and crisp. My monitor is 27" so it's very easy to read.(Perhaps you did not view the image at its full res). I have since changed the font on the numbers in the unit frame to the same thats used everywhere else (in that SS the numbers are a diff font). Either way, sorry that your preference doesn't match what's in my UI.
    He has slight truth in his words. But I only have trouble with unit health and the damage done on your damage meter. The unit health, I just can't really tell where the decimal is, so it's like.. 7509m health.. I see there's a gap but at a quick glance I would not be able to tell unless I've been using the font for a while. And the damage meter, I have mine condensed so I'm just not used to seeing lots of digits. Probably just me on both and I blindly agree'd. Everything aside from those 2 are crisp and clear. (Trying not to imagine the zeroes with the cross hanging out next to an eight, that would be absolute hell for me)
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355