Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7921
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!


    Real slick, good work. I wouldn't mind seeing that in a downloadable compilation.

  2. #7922

    My Setup

    My ElvUI Heal Setup



    My ElvUI DPS Setup

    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-12-30 at 12:26 PM.

  3. #7923
    The Patient Mutix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bedford, England
    Posts
    250
    One question: What boss is that? I can't tell aha!

  4. #7924
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    One last update before santa comes!

    Made the unit-frames bigger. Got pixel borders on nearly everything but it's annoying the hell outa me that some are broken and not aligned so I shoved multisampling up to 4x and now they all fit in, buuut they look a little bit 'fuzzy' again.

    Beautiful. The power bar on the boss frame is not fixed, I assume?

    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!

    Lovely. Really.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  5. #7925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    One question: What boss is that? I can't tell aha!
    Second one in Mogu'shan Palace.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  6. #7926
    Really great looking UI. Is it available as a downloadable compilation? I remember having seen the unit frames on wowinterface but I'm not able to find it there anymore.

  7. #7927
    I'm still toying around with things, still not happy with it.

    http://i.imgur.com/2VZ1D.jpg?1

  8. #7928
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    I'm still toying around with things, still not happy with it.

    http://i.imgur.com/2VZ1D.jpg?1
    Personally I'd lose the threat meter. I still see so many people using threat meters and have no clue why. 500% threat modifiers + vengeance made them pretty obsolete IMO. All it does is take up screen space and CPU cycles.

  9. #7929
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Personally I'd lose the threat meter. I still see so many people using threat meters and have no clue why. 500% threat modifiers + vengeance made them pretty obsolete IMO. All it does is take up screen space and CPU cycles.
    Not 100% on this, but I don't think that's a threat meter. I think it's 2 separate skada windows(1dps/1heals). I could be wrong though.

    And I only use omen on my DK when I am tanking. It's nice for aoe packs when you are with another tank. You can target the mob you don't have threat on and make sure it's the other tank that has threat and not some poor fury warrior...

  10. #7930
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonso View Post
    Not 100% on this, but I don't think that's a threat meter. I think it's 2 separate skada windows(1dps/1heals). I could be wrong though.

    And I only use omen on my DK when I am tanking. It's nice for aoe packs when you are with another tank. You can target the mob you don't have threat on and make sure it's the other tank that has threat and not some poor fury warrior...
    That's what nameplates are for. They change color depending on threat, also most if not all raid frame addons have threat colored borders or some sort of indicator, so it's easy to see if it's just the other tank or some dps that has aggro. Again though that's just personal preference for me to not have threat meters taking up space/cpu usage when there are so many other ways of seeing threat when so many addons already tell you all the info you need.

  11. #7931
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Personally I'd lose the threat meter. I still see so many people using threat meters and have no clue why. 500% threat modifiers + vengeance made them pretty obsolete IMO. All it does is take up screen space and CPU cycles.
    It's skada, on the left is heals and on the right is dps. I only use the built in nameplates threat to monitor who has threat.

  12. #7932
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Beautiful. The power bar on the boss frame is not fixed, I assume?
    You are correct! I am very happy with the UI at the moment myself so I'm going to be sticking with it and try to fix all of the minor issues like the one you noticed in the screenshot. Then perhaps add a boss timer, we will see though!
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  13. #7933
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    That's what nameplates are for. They change color depending on threat, also most if not all raid frame addons have threat colored borders or some sort of indicator, so it's easy to see if it's just the other tank or some dps that has aggro. Again though that's just personal preference for me to not have threat meters taking up space/cpu usage when there are so many other ways of seeing threat when so many addons already tell you all the info you need.
    I agree to some extent. I have a skada window as DPS meter (and whatelse i want it to show), but when im tanking, it shows a threat meter. Yes, you get info on skada on what mobs you have aggro on, and what adds you are loosing aggro on, but I still preffer to know if the one Im loosing aggro to is a squishy clothie, or the other tank. Also with tank switches, I like to be able to see how much aggro the other tank has. Aka, is he the 2nd on threat, or is the boss gonna eat someone when i loose aggro

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 09:45 PM ----------

    Btw, Do anyone else have problems with their boss frames lately? Since last maint, I cant get any of the unit frame addons to show bosses. I had Pitbull with the modified bossframes, and when i entered a fight with them on, my FPS went down to 1, and boss frames wasnt shown....

    I have changed to Stuf, but i cant get that to show boss frames either... Så atm im using.... *Shiver* standard blizz boss frames.....

  14. #7934
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    I agree to some extent. I have a skada window as DPS meter (and whatelse i want it to show), but when im tanking, it shows a threat meter. Yes, you get info on skada on what mobs you have aggro on, and what adds you are loosing aggro on, but I still preffer to know if the one Im loosing aggro to is a squishy clothie, or the other tank. Also with tank switches, I like to be able to see how much aggro the other tank has. Aka, is he the 2nd on threat, or is the boss gonna eat someone when i loose aggro

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 09:45 PM ----------

    Btw, Do anyone else have problems with their boss frames lately? Since last maint, I cant get any of the unit frame addons to show bosses. I had Pitbull with the modified bossframes, and when i entered a fight with them on, my FPS went down to 1, and boss frames wasnt shown....

    I have changed to Stuf, but i cant get that to show boss frames either... Så atm im using.... *Shiver* standard blizz boss frames.....
    Why would there be any dpser 2nd on threat on a taunt switch? both tanks would have to be afk making a sandwich for that to happen.
    As for Boss frames, I use Stuf and haven't had any issues, mine still show. Make sure in the "Global" settings select "Disable Default Boss Frames".

  15. #7935
    Anyone know how to change bar color for Bigwigs, cant see an option for it.
    Using QuseWigs if that makes a difference

  16. #7936
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Why would there be any dpser 2nd on threat on a taunt switch? both tanks would have to be afk making a sandwich for that to happen.
    As for Boss frames, I use Stuf and haven't had any issues, mine still show. Make sure in the "Global" settings select "Disable Default Boss Frames".
    Wonder if its something I changed, that broke boss frames XD

    And in regards to threat meter, there are boss mechanics where aggro reset, and some OTs are slackers :P

  17. #7937

  18. #7938
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Anyone know how to change bar color for Bigwigs, cant see an option for it.
    Using QuseWigs if that makes a difference
    In the main options for BW.

  19. #7939
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    In the main options for BW.
    Gah, I am going blind.
    brb looking for glasses >.>

  20. #7940
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-12-31 at 12:44 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •