Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Fnx UI (1.1 Build) 5.0.4 (Pre MoP Build)
    - Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Uploaded because a lot of user request the past months, this package doesn't contain the full list of addons I use, only the once I use in raids.

Who to install ?
    - First of all I would recommend you copy your old WTF and Interface folder and save it somewhere on your PC in case you want it back
    - Unzip the "FNX UI.zip" file to your desktop
    - Put the WTF folder into your World of Warcraft folder and rename "ACCOUNTNAME" to what your own account is called
    - Do the same with "YOUR SERVER"
    - And again with "CHAR NAME"
    - Copy the "Font" folder into your World of Warcraft folder

Package contains ?
    Chatter - Chatbox
    DeBugRunes - Runes/Timmy stacks
    Dominos - Action bars
    Grid - Raid Frames
    MSBT - Combat text
    Omen - Don't think I need to explain
    OmniCC - Sexy timers on action bar
    SexyMap - Simple Minimap
    Skada - Dps/Healing meter
    ShadowedUnitFrames - Unit Frames
    Quartz - Castbar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Sadly he didn't have my res (1920x1080), so that's why I made my own. I also made some of the weak auras different for a few of the classes.

I tried to transfer the files last night onto my hubby's comp, but got frustrated with it and quit. I'm going to try again tonight because I know people want a different resolution than the one on wowinterface

Love your version of the UI. Can't wait for the downloadable version. I just got back to wow and don't have the time to built me a new interface (normally i experimented with lua based uis like duffed tukui etc.). If you could send me the link then, i would be very greatful.

Grettings from Vienna

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post

im so clever and innovative.
    very nice, clean and simple.

Deleted
    Guys, as a reminder:
    Generic UI questions (as in "how do I do X") should be directed to the Ask It! sticky if they're not directly related to an UI someone posted.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use RealUI by Nibelheim, Gethe is very nice and uses Icehud and more very clean and informative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol, you should decide what your point is before posting.

You say you agree with Lyn, but then agree with my point.
    I said people shouldnt upload exact copies of other peoples UIs.
    Which you seem to agree with by sighting inspiration.

My point was no wants to see the EXACT same UI posted by 100 different people.
    Inspiration does not mean 100% the same.

The poster I mentioned even said their UI was graphically exactly the same, no changes.
    thats not true,
    there isnt an exact clone of any ui's in this post,
    the elv / tuk ui's are all editied in some way, and thats what makes them different

Deleted
    No one wants to see your carbon copy of ElvUI.
    Honestly.

Post something original, not something that is posted every 4th UI.
    You seem awfully mad.

Gotta love keyboard warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    You seem awfully mad.

Gotta love keyboard warriors.
    Haha

--

Currently working on new nameplates. I wanted to ditch TidyPlates and all .. now trying to modify m_Nameplates to fit in the UI

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/nameplate.jpg
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia View Post
    Ohai Ish
    Hey there Wiki, I see your name wasn't taken after all Glad to see you here <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Success! Had a little "play-around" with KuiNameplates and managed to edit the font and texture.
    Thanks for posting this, I was in need of a new nameplate add-on and its been fun fiddling with this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Amen <3
    if every author that made a ui (not addons) only posted unique ui's there would be hardly any, as you ask anyone thats made anything,
    even Tuk that made tukui
    Everyone has elements or has taken inspiration from someone else's creation
    Elv, Tukui took "Alot" of inspiration from Caith ui,
    it even says in the credits inspired by Caith,
    100% agree with Lyn here
    This is a wonderful example to use

Tuk:
    "Tukui project is a lot inspired by a tons of great authors (Caellian, Ishtara, Caith, etc...*i'm bad at listing credits*) and all codes i didn't make or edited are clearly credited to respective original author in the .Lua files."

He even sites it in his .toc:
    "## Credits to: Caith, Caellian, Shestak, Haste, Tekkub, Alza, Roth, P3lim, Tulla, Hungtar, hankthetank, Ishtara, Haleth and others..."

The same with Elv:
    "Credits to: Tukz, Nightcracker, Omega1970, Kryso, Dawn, eClipse, Mr. Ruban5, Darth Android, Caith, Caellian, Shestak, Haste, Tekkub, Alza, Roth, P3lim, Tulla, Hungtar, hankthetank, Ishtara, Baudzilla, Tohveli, AlleyCat, Hydra ,Aezay, and others..."

My point is, everyone gets inspiration from everyone else and makes changes to suit their design style and function requirements. The amount of design change will vary greatly but as others have said, this is a "Post your Ui" thread. It's not a "Post the Ui you designed from scratch" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Currently working on new nameplates. I wanted to ditch TidyPlates and all .. now trying to modify m_Nameplates to fit in the UI
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/nameplate.jpg
    Those nameplates are lovely!
    No pixel fonts, but lovely

<3
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Tuk:
    "Tukui project is a lot inspired by a tons of great authors (Caellian, Ishtara, Caith, etc...*i'm bad at listing credits*) and all codes i didn't make or edited are clearly credited to respective original author in the .Lua files."

He even sites it in his .toc:
    "## Credits to: Caith, Caellian, Shestak, Haste, Tekkub, Alza, Roth, P3lim, Tulla, Hungtar, hankthetank, Ishtara, Haleth and others..."

The same with Elv:
    "Credits to: Tukz, Nightcracker, Omega1970, Kryso, Dawn, eClipse, Mr. Ruban5, Darth Android, Caith, Caellian, Shestak, Haste, Tekkub, Alza, Roth, P3lim, Tulla, Hungtar, hankthetank, Ishtara, Baudzilla, Tohveli, AlleyCat, Hydra ,Aezay, and others..."
    Where is my name ._______________________________________________. *sad panda*

My point is, everyone gets inspiration from everyone else and makes changes to suit their design style and function requirements. The amount of design change will vary greatly but as others have said, this is a "Post your Ui" thread. It's not a "Post the Ui you designed from scratch" thread.
    True.

Those nameplates are lovely!
    No pixel fonts, but lovely
    Thanks, but I guess I'll change them again :O
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Good choice of music.

Do you really need 2 holy power bars?

Reflux, maybe.
    I actually want to remove the one above my health bar. I don't want to have to look down to the left so I added holy power via power auras.

Deleted
    FreeUI, it gets all of my <3z.
    i.imgur.com/3vGrm.jpg

Lol, you should decide what your point is before posting.

You say you agree with Lyn, but then agree with my point.
    I said people shouldnt upload exact copies of other peoples UIs.
    Which you seem to agree with by sighting inspiration.

My point was no wants to see the EXACT same UI posted by 100 different people.
    Inspiration does not mean 100% the same.

The poster I mentioned even said their UI was graphically exactly the same, no changes.
    You don't speak for anyone, at least not the literate portion of the forums. We generally understand what the title encompasses, and you very clearly do not.

If we went by original only, this would be a 2-way conversation between Lyn and Quse.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You don't speak for anyone, at least not the literate portion of the forums. We generally understand what the title encompasses, and you very clearly do not.

If we went by original only, this would be a 2-way conversation between Lyn and Quse.
    Imho, its just as silly to claim that only two posters in this thread have "original" designs.
    There are plenty of people here with good ideas and creative concepts

Deleted
    It all depends on what you refer to as a original. I would actually say that most people here link original UI's.

Also, My UI is up for download. Muahaha.

That kinda made me giggle.

Imho, its just as silly to claim that only two posters in this thread have "original" designs.
    There are plenty of people here with good ideas and creative concepts
    They are enough, yes. But, sadly, the majority of the UIs you see is TukUI, ElvUI, Care, or so. It's okay, since this is a "Post your UI"-thread. But sometimes I miss something "new" stuff (i.e. concepts) like Caith (real Caith, not just clones), old Led (TBC times) and even Duke's and Tapestry's UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I like it, it's clean. Sure I would change the position of the target UFs and fonts but all in all, quite good.
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made this yesterday, and really pleased of how it turned out

Idle(in raid)
    http://www.larserik.com/new2.jpg

In combat:
    http://www.larserik.com/newic2.jpg
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-12 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Thumbnails, please.

Tokoyo upload pls? :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokoyo View Post
    Made this yesterday, and really pleased of how it turned out
    Kait influence? the style atleast
    Loving the look thought.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton