Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That's what I want to do, but the base oUF layout I use doesn't have party frames at all, it's just a 5man raid frame. To create party frames I need to add the party frames to the oUF layout but I'm not very good when it comes to lua.
    What oUF layout are you using?

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    What oUF layout are you using?
    At the moment oUF_Qulight but I've stripped it pretty hard
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

At the moment oUF_Qulight but I've stripped it pretty hard
    I have a very limited knowledge of lua, I guess it depends what you want.
    Suppose it's not as simple as changing textures and fonts to match your ui

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I have a very limited knowledge of lua, I guess it depends what you want.
    Suppose it's not as simple as changing textures and fonts to match your ui
    I wish it was that simple! Mind you, it probably is and I just do things the hard way, trial and error all the way!

I managed to add the settings for the party frames and I can easily do all the of statements for health, icons, text and all that jazz but I haven't been able to add the actual frames to make them appear in game without it breaking the layout. I'll try again later after work, super early shift, yay!
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

I wish it was that simple! Mind you, it probably is and I just do things the hard way, trial and error all the way!

I managed to add the settings for the party frames and I can easily do all the of statements for health, icons, text and all that jazz but I haven't been able to add the actual frames to make them appear in game without it breaking the layout. I'll try again later after work, super early shift, yay!
    my code, if helping http://pastebin.com/xmvrGvpD i suppose you're missing the second part

http://i47.tinypic.com/28t8bjr.jpg

Something I put together, give me input if you'd like

Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post

Looks pretty decent, atleast first glance, except the 3 big icons below your player frames. They are the only 3 icons that arent perfectly square, they aren't alligned with the frames and the size of the text in them looks way to small, compared to all the other text. Im sure the text is the same size as the rest of the text, but it just looks extreemly small, when put in the center of the big icons. Oh, and all those buttons on your recount makes it look a bit clunky. Maybe slim that part down.

Lol first time i see someone posting an image using my ui

EDIT: don't know if you've resized the image or you're playing with a strange resolution, but the font looks...fancy. Should be like in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Lol first time i see someone posting an image using my ui

EDIT: don't know if you've resized the image or you're playing with a strange resolution, but the font looks...fancy. Should be like in my sig.
    that UI is great, I don't know why the font is weird, I like your signature one better :/ not sure whats wrong

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    Looks pretty decent, atleast first glance, except the 3 big icons below your player frames. They are the only 3 icons that arent perfectly square, they aren't alligned with the frames and the size of the text in them looks way to small, compared to all the other text. Im sure the text is the same size as the rest of the text, but it just looks extreemly small, when put in the center of the big icons. Oh, and all those buttons on your recount makes it look a bit clunky. Maybe slim that part down.
    How do I slim Recount down? :O

please tell me all that I can fix with the UI, would love to make it better

Also if you intend on sticking to Weak Auras/Power Auras I recommand using Clean Icons, which give buttons a nice border. Looks much better in combination with Cold's UI.
    You can find them on wowinterfaces.com .

Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    Also if you intend on sticking to Weak Auras/Power Auras I recommand using Clean Icons, which give buttons a nice border. Looks much better in combination with Cold's UI.
    You can find them on wowinterfaces.com .
    Downloaded the icons themselves and masque clean icons so the actionbars can get nicer too

that UI is great, I don't know why the font is weird, I like your signature one better :/ not sure whats wrong
    probably your reso and/or a UI scale different from 1 (can be changed from options).

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    probably your reso and/or a UI scale different from 1 (can be changed from options).
    using 1920x1080 with 1 ui scale, might be that I got a 27" screen? :|

using 1920x1080 with 1 ui scale, might be that I got a 27" screen? :|
    Tinypic shrinks the pic to 1600x900, there's your problem!

18.11.2006-31.5.2012

heres mine...nothing special.....started with elv then got bored with it so adjusted some things....mind you i am a complete idiot when it comes to addons so be gentle

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey twin2, do you still have your 3.x interface folder stored somewhere? I'm really interested in your old oUF layout and a few addons which I can't seem to find anywhere else.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:07 PM ----------

It's quite hard to tell from that little screenshot, I've found imgur to work well for image hosting.
    All I can mention is that the unitframe/castbar texture could use a replacement and that your recount takes up a bit too much space imo.
    Last edited by v1do; 2013-01-06 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by v1do View Post
    Hey twin2, do you still have your 3.x interface folder stored somewhere? I'm really interested in your old oUF layout and a few addons which I can't seem to find anywhere else.
    You mean my really old transparent UF's from like 2 years back? :P

I never updated those, so they would even if i can find the files need a complete rewrite to function with 5.1 and oUF.. i recently removed my UF's from wowinterface.. used to be able to grab those from the archive there.

I'll dig through my dropbox/mailbox and see what i can find.

It's no problem for me, and yes I meant the really old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by vije View Post
    Tinypic shrinks the pic to 1600x900, there's your problem!
    Phew - i was thinking i had mess up something in the ui XD

Those 3 icons look rather bad, so does the actionbars.
    Easy to fix tho, just decrease the size of the buffs under your unitframe to the same size as the ones on your target and make some kgpanels for the actionbars and recount.
    And me personally would remove all the spells you don't really need to track (aspects, AS etc) and hide them which will make the actionbar much smaller.
    This will give a "cleaner" look of it all.