Thread: Post Your UI

Could someone link me the download link for bOOURNS UI plz? I would apreciate it

MY EYES!
    THE HORROR!
    DEFAULT UI'S

On Topic, I HATE default don't know how you can play with it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2qvs0ns.jpg

Copied Awakes layout as a fanboy in TBC and stuck with it.
    So many unit frames!
    Few things I noticed are you cooldowns on the right side the two blocks of 8 icons have different spacing, and aren't aligned vertically. Something in the lower middle is overlapping some unit frames (hard to tell which unit frame is what). Chat seems to be unlock and has the drag resize arrow in the bottom right corner. (Should be resized and locked to match the height of your raid frames that are next to it)

Something I see time and time again, recount is also unlocked and shows the resize drag arrows. Recount is also being overlapped by your tooltip.

For the most part everything just seems tossed into a place and nothing is aligned.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megasportin View Post
    Could someone link me the download link for bOOURNS UI plz? I would apreciate it
    I don't have my UI available right now for download. It's based off ElvUI at its core but quite a few personal edits, Stuf unit frames (for player and target), Raven, DBM, kgpanels and Skada.

I may attempt at setting it up for download in the future but I need to get permission from Elv and some of its plug-ins authors. As well as make it more friendly to other screen resolution settings.

Too much discussion, too little UIs!
    I feel like I've been out of this thread for a while now so here's a cheeky screenshot of the UI I'm using currently. Not changed much but oh well!

Pretty sure you're all used to my UI outside of combat by now so I'll keep away from posting them screenshots in the future hehe!E
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-01-09 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Changing to higher quality image

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Too much discussion, too little UIs!
    I feel like I've been out of this thread for a while now so here's a cheeky screenshot of the UI I'm using currently. Not changed much but oh well!

Pretty sure you're all used to my UI outside of combat by now so I'll keep away from posting them screenshots in the future hehe!E
    What's the red border glow for? Combat? Saying "I'm a DK!" or...
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Probably "I have aggro!"
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

That would be part of the ElvUI player unit frame, it's when you have threat. Rather annoying and useless to have on a player frame, since if you're solo you know you have threat and if you're in a group that's what party/raid frames are for.
    It can be easily edited out to not show.

Out of combat:

All frames/timers:

Edit: fixed!
    Last edited by Magallo; 2013-01-09 at 08:45 AM.

@Magallo
    Clean and everything is nicely aligned, i like it. My only gripe is the text on your DBM bars below the target frame are missing a shadow to match everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    @Magallo
    Clean and everything is nicely aligned, i like it. My only gripe is the text on your DBM bars below the target frame are missing a shadow to match everything else.
    Good eye, hadn't noticed that. Now to figure out how to fix it...

Quote Originally Posted by Magallo View Post
    Good eye, hadn't noticed that. Now to figure out how to fix it...
    Not tested cause my DBM is skinned with ElvUI and ElvUI_AddonSkins, so i've never had to try this.

Open up DBM-Core -> DBT.lua lines 798 and 799

Code:
    name:SetFont(self.owner.options.Font, self.owner.options.FontSize)
    timer:SetFont(self.owner.options.Font, self.owner.options.FontSize)
    change to

Code:
    name:SetFont(self.owner.options.Font, self.owner.options.FontSize, "OUTLINE")
    timer:SetFont(self.owner.options.Font, self.owner.options.FontSize, "OUTLINE")

Not tested cause my DBM is skinned with ElvUI and ElvUI_AddonSkins, so i've never had to try this.

Open up DBM-Core -> DBT.lua lines 798 and 799

Code:
    change to

Code:
    name:SetFont(self.owner.options.Font, self.owner.options.FontSize, "OUTLINE")
    timer:SetFont(self.owner.options.Font, self.owner.options.FontSize, "OUTLINE")
    Unfortunately that won't work. It's a 1 pixel shadow on just the right/bottom of the text, not a full outline. I had assumed it was just part of the font itself.

Then try this

Code:
    add in 2 lines

Code:
    name:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 1)
    timer:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 1)
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-01-09 at 07:47 AM.

Then try this

Code:
    add in 2 lines

Code:
    name:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 1)
    timer:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 1)
    Great success! Thank you.

ARGH MY EYES - anyone has a better than imgur image sharer? The image quality is dropping very very bad.

EDIT: wtf it's only in the central portion of the image lolz
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-01-09 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Probably "I have aggro!"
    That would be part of the ElvUI player unit frame, it's when you have threat. Rather annoying and useless to have on a player frame, since if you're solo you know you have threat and if you're in a group that's what party/raid frames are for.
    It can be easily edited out to not show.
    This^ Have not played enough recently to even think about tinkering with my UI. When I do log on it's usually before raids, which I have to make. It's such a minor issue that will be changed once I have time! Would also like to get rid of the in combat icon on the player frame too.

Great success! Thank you.
    Awesome UI. Makes good use of the space without any unnecessary crap. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

ARGH MY EYES - anyone has a better than imgur image sharer? The image quality is dropping very very bad.

Abload.de? I'm using it atm for my uploads.
    Have you uped the screenshot quality ingame from 3 to 10?
    Try changing screenshot format?

@Pixil, Welcome back, we missed you! :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:15 PM ----------

Out of combat:

All frames/timers:

Edit: fixed!
    I really like this, clear and aligned, no extra crap. Very very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

What addon are you using for nameplates?

Anyway, this is mine; I've fixed things like text alignment on the Bossbar by now though.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8222/8...0cde4220_h.jpg
    Last edited by Berri; 2013-01-09 at 12:20 PM.

Ha, digging through my screenshots folder, found a UI from back around Ulduar patch, might rebuild that.
    No idea who's UI it was however, so when I post I will throw up the old screen aswell, would like to give credit to whoever it was that built it in the first place.