Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    Pixel Fonts: Cant get it that font size stuff is making me insane ( Al fonts used are size 10 (which is their optimum size-visitor font). Only exception is clock which is size 20 also optimum. May it be related to UI scale? System-> Advanced
    Yeah, you're gonna have to go ahead and not do that, that would be great.
    Last edited by tordenflesk; 2012-09-18 at 08:05 PM.

May it be related to UI scale? System-> Advanced

Ty verry much for feedback!!! <3
    Run the following and see:

/run SetCVar("useUiScale", 1) SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)")) SetMultisampleFormat(1)

*edit*
    Also, sometimes certain addons will modify the actual scale of certain elements.
    If you still have the problem after running that command, check that the addons are using a scale of 1.

Means i have to uncheck "Use Ui Scale slider" ??

Means i have to uncheck "Use Ui Scale slider" ??
    Probably so.

Also, I just noticed that you aren't using only visitor. Your other pixel font has lower case letters. Visitor doesn't use lower case letters. This being the case, that other font's native point size is probably 8 (not 10).

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Probably so.

Also, I just noticed that you aren't using only visitor. Your other pixel font has lower case letters. Visitor doesn't use lower case letters. This being the case, that other font's native point size is probably 8 (not 10).
    This is what came out: http://i.imgur.com/7ZGUT.jpg

It looks better pixel whise but on my screen all seems extremely tiny cant realy read/understand stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's mine xD

Idle: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...812224605.jpg/

In combat: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...812225852.jpg/

Forgot the castbar ( its buggy for some reason ) xD: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...812230803.jpg/

Now some stuff that are disabled atm due to outdated version or buggy:
    - carbonite
    - plate buffs

This is what came out: http://i.imgur.com/7ZGUT.jpg

It looks better pixel whise but on my screen all seems extremely tiny cant realy read/understand stuff
    Well, just start readjusting your Ui elements to your new(correct) Ui scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Well, just start readjusting your Ui elements to your new(correct) Ui scale.
    So using the ingame ui-scale slider messes with the pixels? Why is it there then?
    Sorry for asking these questions, but this is pretty new to me.

there are 4 chatboxes (you can creat as many you want).
    Chat 1 = trade spam
    Chat 2= Guild+officer
    Chat 3= personal/social stuff (whisper/realid conv)
    Chat 4= raid/party/bg
    I know that bit , I meant the background though. Kg Panels perhaps?

Suppose the game UI is drawn at 1 pixel = 1pixel. The auction house is 1000 pixels wide. The 'action bar' on the bottom of the screen is even wider if you include the side art. That means people with very small screens (like a modern macbook air or a simliar class of hardware, or say a typical desktop computer from 2005) end up with an interface that doesn't quite fit on the screen.

The slider lets you can scale elements anywhere from ~2 UI pixels = 1 game pixel so that people with really tiny screens can have a UI that doesn't dominate their field of view. On the other end of the spectrum you can map 1 UI pixel = 2 game pixels so people with very high resolution screens (like a retina display macbook pro running windows, or some of the older very high resolution PC laptops that would be 1900x1200 on a 15" screen) can have a UI with buttons that are large enough to click on the first try. (those numbers are made up but they illustrate the purpose well enough). This is a somewhat crude version of the scaling that Mac OS X does on modern high pixel density displays.

When you look at the default UI style and the sorts of things the blizzard UI provides by default (ie: the wowapi button/scrollbar/etc classes) this sort of thing works really well - they designed the UI and the supporting artwork to scale reasonable well. You'll notice there are no 1 pixel lines that need to be precisely aligned to pixels. The artwork is "blurry" but never by more than a pixel which is typically just fine -- nobody complaints about cleartype text and this is basically the same thing because the UI elements just aren't that detailed.

When addon authors and UI compilers started making things that use very sharp/precise graphics that changed things. If "here is a 2 pixel line, draw it starting from pixel 5 to pixel 10" that's easy enough. When somebody has adjusted their UI so that 5-10 is now 7.5 - 15.5 (and the height of that same line is 2.3 pixels) you end up with wierdness. Do you draw the line 2 pixels high? 3? 2, blue a faded/blurry bit? Fractional pixels "don't make sense" so you have to find some way to accommodate it. Sometimes you want to be blury so you don't introduce a sharp line where the UI designer didn't intend one. Sometimes you do want a sharp line to avoid bluring where the UI designer didn't intend it. There's no way for blizzard to guess what you intended but their art and api seem to indicate you should always avoid sharp lines and make stuff that handles a bit of edge blurring. When addon authors and UI compilers decided to ignore this recomendation they gained an increase in flexibility (you can do new kinds of UI elements / styles that didn't work before) but it came at the cost of being inflexible (the entire effect depends on being carefully aligned to pixel grids).

I find it rather hard to criticize blizzard's decision here - it was pretty practical, works most of the time, and even when it breaks you can usually work your way out of the corner with a bit of effort. There are better systems possible but they'd be much more difficult to impliment and would have created a pile of extra work for addon creators too. I'm sure they'd make different choices today - but technology was very different 10 years ago and even choices made back then aren't completely terrible in light of contemporary hardware.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-09-18 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    When addon authors and UI compilers started making things that use very sharp/precise graphics that changed things. If "here is a 2 pixel line, draw it starting from pixel 5 to pixel 10" that's easy enough. When somebody has adjusted their UI so that 5-10 is now 7.5 - 15.5 (and the height of that same line is 2.3 pixels) you end up with wierdness. Do you draw the line 2 pixels high? 3? 2, blue a faded/blurry bit? Fractional pixels "don't make sense" so you have to find some way to accommodate it. Sometimes you want to be blury so you don't introduce a sharp line where the UI designer didn't intend one. Sometimes you do want a sharp line to avoid bluring where the UI designer didn't intend it. There's no way for blizzard to guess what you intended but their art and api seem to indicate you should always avoid sharp lines and make stuff that handles a bit of edge blurring. When addon authors and UI compilers decided to ignore this recomendation they gained an increase in flexibility (you can do new kinds of UI elements / styles that didn't work before) but it came at the cost of being inflexible (the entire effect depends on being carefully aligned to pixel grids).
    So thats why i've had problems with "bar spacing" - sometimes it looked like there was no space between them at all eventhough i had set it to 1p (this is with the ingame ui slider enabled).
    Now that i've disabled it i can actually see the "bar spacing" properly in Skada - had to re-size all my addons, but thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    I know that bit , I meant the background though. Kg Panels perhaps?
    Yes background is made using Kgpanels. All black transparent panels and blue (classcolor) one are made via kgpanels.

Hey guys, just finished up updating my UI for MOP. Very clean, concise, and works excellent in PvE/PvP.

Very uncluttered, full buff/debuff timers with Forte, set up already for new abilities/dispatch procs, etc.

Weakauras is the main contributor, providing combo points, Blade Flurry tracking, tracking for every major defensive Cooldown in PvP on your target with time remaining, and execute phase. Also added in fun 3d animated Auras for major cooldowns on the player frames.

Raid frames provided by Vuhdo.

Multiple clean KgPanels make the skeleton of the UI, with hidden KgPanels which appear on mouseover for Poison Tab, Mount/Professions, and Micro Menu.

OOC:

[IMG][/IMG]

In Combat:

[IMG][/IMG]

____________________________________________________________________________
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...169-BlkUI.html

The PvP major Buff/Debuff timer shows to the right of target frame. Icon with time remaining on it, and plays a small sound to alert you. Pretty much any Major Defensive/Offensive CD you'll need to know about your target.

(Example: Evasion on myself)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tidyplates is set up so you can see your relevant PvP Debuffs on nameplates, even if you aren't targeting them currently. CS, KS, Blind, Garrote, Dismantle, Gouge, Hemo Dot, etc. Tracks on multiple units.

(Example: Blind)

Examples of the animated aura frame for Shadow Dance (there's one for AR and Vendetta also):

[IMG][/IMG]

There are hidden KgPanels attached to Bartender bars which appear on mouseover for Poisons, Mount/Professions tab, and MicroMenu.
    Example: Mount/Profession)

Last edited by Chult; 2012-09-19 at 09:41 AM.

DeeUi New Resized , i realy hope this time the fonts etc. are well sized

Deleted
    DeeUi New Resized , i realy hope this time the fonts etc. are well sized

A massive improvement.
    looking forward to giving this a try. if you are gunna upload it that is.

I will update it on wowinterface but first i has to sort animated weak auras and find a more eficient use for the bottombar.

10+ Year Old Account

I need to tweek a few things, but after working some days on it, I can say I like it.

Credit go to Kait for the Auras. I built my UI after his/her. Thanks
    Last edited by Cheyzula; 2012-09-19 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyzula View Post

I need to tweek a few things, but after working some days on it, I can say I like it.

Credit go to Kait for the Auras. I built my UI after his/her. Thanks
    Gief please! :P

Well at least the WA import codes

Do the sparkly orbs serve any purpose or are the just shiny eye candy in the center of the screen?
    I get the sense that this is the unitframe equivalent to sexymap.
    /bewildered

*edit*
    Just to clear it up, I understand that they serve the purpose of class identification, but really...is it that important?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.freefilehosting.net/kaitauras

It's the original file, but i would recommend to read first the instructions and watch how the ui works in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hdQhYWDq3w