Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #8121
    [QUOTE=bOOURNS;19776448]No clue, sorry I haven used Tidy Plates or anything else for quite some time now.

    Unrelated note here is a new screenshot of mine in raid and combat. Has the HP colors changed from the brighter grey i used to have to dark and updated look on the castbars. (player cast bar border changes class color depending on what I'm playing, and target border changes on class color and red(npc enemy), green(npc friendly).)

    ***

    I really like it. I love how you have the class colors behind the health bars. The biggest issue I have is the font. It seems to me to take up too much real estate and just isn't very pleasing to look at.

  2. #8122
    Quote Originally Posted by eculley View Post
    I really like it. I love how you have the class colors behind the health bars. The biggest issue I have is the font. It seems to me to take up too much real estate and just isn't very pleasing to look at.
    The class colors behind are mana/rage/focus/rune power/energy bars. I've edited the ElvUI raid frames to achieve that.

    Everyone seems to bitch about my font. I think I'm just going to give up posting screenshots cause of this. The font looks just fine on my screen size and resolution. My screen is a 27" so what looks large for probably most people is pretty small on my screen.

    Either way, I'm done with screenshots.

  3. #8123
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    No clue, sorry I haven used Tidy Plates or anything else for quite some time now.

    Unrelated note here is a new screenshot of mine in raid and combat. Has the HP colors changed from the brighter grey i used to have to dark and updated look on the castbars. (player cast bar border changes class color depending on what I'm playing, and target border changes on class color and red(npc enemy), green(npc friendly).)

    [img]http://www.abload.de/thumb/newui2uu1c.png[/im g]
    Your DBM is touching your chat window. And the (*) on the ToT frame is touching the edge. Also, you always have a 1/1.5/2 rows of text gap at the bottom of your chat window, is your edit box there?

    I don't really see why people complain about the font so much. I mean, I see having issues with havings 8s and 0s and Os next to each other because they are so dam similar, mostly the 8s and the 0s. But other than that, the fonts are a nice size, easily readable (though it might take a little while to get used for people who haven't seen the font before, which is normally the case),
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  4. #8124
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    The class colors behind are mana/rage/focus/rune power/energy bars. I've edited the ElvUI raid frames to achieve that.

    Everyone seems to bitch about my font. I think I'm just going to give up posting screenshots cause of this. The font looks just fine on my screen size and resolution. My screen is a 27" so what looks large for probably most people is pretty small on my screen.

    Either way, I'm done with screenshots.
    Mate, honestly your UI looks immaculate with the grey health bars, I think that change just dropped the cherry ontop of a well crafted cake, I would love to try it out some time
    With the grey health bars the font looks better.

  5. #8125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Your DBM is touching your chat window. And the (*) on the ToT frame is touching the edge. Also, you always have a 1/1.5/2 rows of text gap at the bottom of your chat window, is your edit box there?

    I don't really see why people complain about the font so much. I mean, I see having issues with havings 8s and 0s and Os next to each other because they are so dam similar, mostly the 8s and the 0s. But other than that, the fonts are a nice size, easily readable (though it might take a little while to get used for people who haven't seen the font before, which is normally the case),
    Yeah i noticed the DBM thing after making the SS, somehow it got moved, I'll fix it. The (*) in the ToT frame is the stupid marker for someone on another server and never noticed or planed for that when i placed the name text for it, also will fix.

    Thanks!

    (I also didn't notice till looking at the screenshot i forgot the boss frame health and power colors need to be changed how the rest is.)


    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Mate, honestly your UI looks immaculate with the grey health bars, I think that change just dropped the cherry ontop of a well crafted cake, I would love to try it out some time
    With the grey health bars the font looks better.
    Thanks! Even though i refused for so long to use dark grey health, it really makes the class color power bars behind the health stand out better.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-10 at 11:54 PM.

  6. #8126
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Damn that's a shame, will just stick with Tidy Plates for now. Is there an addon which can put debuff icons over name plates? I want to use Aloft and its not in the list of plugins but I've been told that Aloft can do everything and more... probably only if your good with lua.. I don't like the looks of my Tidy Plate nameplates but I can't live without that feature lol
    I am pretty sure you can recreate the same look that is on the UI with Tidy Plates: Threat Plates

  7. #8127

  8. #8128
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    What "dps" meter is that?
    Skada with an edited texture to give the 1px black spacing and kgpanels to give the 1px black border around it.

  9. #8129
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Skada with an edited texture to give the 1px black spacing and kgpanels to give the 1px black border around it.
    Ahh, ok. Can't sleep so im working this rebuild layout (with some slight alterations ofc)

    Screenie of current progress incoming!

    Edit: Screens

    Party


    Raid/Boss Frames


    Bigwigs Timers/Messages


    I know the meter isn't the right size/aligned, working on it/replacing it atm.

  10. #8130
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    No clue, sorry I haven used Tidy Plates or anything else for quite some time now.

    Unrelated note here is a new screenshot of mine in raid and combat. Has the HP colors changed from the brighter grey i used to have to dark and updated look on the castbars. (player cast bar border changes class color depending on what I'm playing, and target border changes on class color and red(npc enemy), green(npc friendly).)

    *snip*
    Really like it. The raid frames pop and would really stand out for a healer role. As always good work.

    PS. Who cares about the font, if you like it use it.

    PPs. Please keep posting screenshots. You are 1 of the many here who've given me some great ideas and, with out knowing, tips on a good clean ui.

  11. #8131
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Really like it. The raid frames pop and would really stand out for a healer role. As always good work.

    PS. Who cares about the font, if you like it use it.

    PPs. Please keep posting screenshots. You are 1 of the many here who've given me some great ideas and, with out knowing, tips on a good clean ui.
    Thanks! It was built mainly for healing as that is my main spec, I've just been using LFR for gearing my offspecs so thats why most my screenies are as dps.

  12. #8132
    With regards to ElvUI, anyone know how to remove hide all the buffs/debuffs except for boss specific crap like amber-shaper destabilize stacks

  13. #8133
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    With regards to ElvUI, anyone know how to remove hide all the buffs/debuffs except for boss specific crap like amber-shaper destabilize stacks
    I don't know the specifics for every little thing to check and uncheck but.
    (assuming you mean for the target frame)
    /ec -> unitframes -> target -> debuffs

    Then this is where i get confused about auras filtering and probably why i never have bothered with it. I "think" you cant to block everything but whitelist and at the very bottom select "RaidDebuffs" in the Additional Filters.

    You can see what auras the RaidDebuff whitelist will show via unitframes -> filters -> select filter "RaidDebuffs" -> Filter Type "Whitelist" -> select spell dropdown menu.

    I could be WAY off on all this. I think there is a pretty big thread on the TukUI/ElvUI forums how to config auras that might offer better more accurate help than this though since i could be 100% wrong.

    ***edit***
    BTW interesting approach with your new layout. The chat placement is interesting and i could see that working well if done right. Hope to see your finalized screenie soon!
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-11 at 03:48 AM.

  14. #8134
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    And everything that isn't to my personal liking in your UI makes me want to stab 100 people with a rusty bent spoon. Get lost.

    Not only was your post not even relevant to what I was posting about, the font type I use is also 100% irrelevant. Considering I'm the one who plays with it and personally I have no trouble reading the font on my screen.

    It's like saying the color yellow makes me angry therefore cause your UI has yellow in it I hate it so much I want to choke someone. I'm sorry but you're a bloody retard.

    This must be what Blizzard feels like. People complaining just for the sake of complaining.
    Seeing that I'm not the only one that thinks that the font does not fit the rest of the UI, you might want to lay off the hostile attitude and just play around with some different fonts? Because I'm not saying your UI is bad, just that it would look better with a different font.

    Everyone seems to bitch about my font. I think I'm just going to give up posting screenshots cause of this. The font looks just fine on my screen size and resolution. My screen is a 27" so what looks large for probably most people is pretty small on my screen.

    Either way, I'm done with screenshots.
    I use a 27" screen too and it's not about it being too large or small, it's the general look. Pixel fonts also have a specific size at which they look good, and you are not using that one so they have blurred edges and look really fuzzy/blurry. So maybe just take the advice and try something new. Nobody here hates you and wants you to stop posting. I could imagine that something like BigNoodleTitling or a lowercase version of myriad would look good on your ui.

  15. #8135
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    Pixel fonts also have a specific size at which they look good, and you are not using that one so they have blurred edges and look really fuzzy/blurry.
    no, they're not. They look just fine to me.

  16. #8136
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    Pixel fonts also have a specific size at which they look good, and you are not using that one so they have blurred edges and look really fuzzy/blurry.
    I'm well aware pixel fonts have to be a specific size(I spent days trying out 50+ fonts and this was the ONLY one that worked on my screen) and I am using the correct size for the font I've picked out. Because it is NOT fuzzy or blurry at all on my screen or in my screenshots. Are you even left clicking one time after loading the image so it zooms in to "actual size" and not the defaulted "fit to screen"? You're the only one who thinks it's blurry.

  17. #8137
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Ahh, ok. Can't sleep so im working this rebuild layout (with some slight alterations ofc)

    Screenie of current progress incoming!

    Edit: Screens

    Party


    Raid/Boss Frames


    Bigwigs Timers/Messages


    I know the meter isn't the right size/aligned, working on it/replacing it atm.
    Did you use custom icons in your party frame for the healer/tank/dps?

  18. #8138
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    That is much better and I really like how you have your enemy nameplates displayed. Which addon is that and the debuff icons that are above that, is that a separate addon or part of the name plate addon? Only thought Tidy Plates could do that but that does not look like Tidy Plates.
    It's Tidyplates; Threat plates!

    Way better than the original ElvUI one's

  19. #8139
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Felonidas View Post
    It's Tidyplates; Threat plates!

    Way better than the original ElvUI one's
    Oh okay. I cant really seem to be able to customise the looks of Tidy Plates at all except by changing the built in Layouts. Only things I can change is what information they show and even that is very limited. Also there are no profiles with it which is a shame. I would prefer just to go back to Aloft but still be able to have the debuff icons over the top of the nameplates ability.

    Not sure what I'm doing wrong with Tidy Plates then :/

    Also here is my UI on my Death Knight that I am currently leveling up:


  20. #8140
    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Did you use custom icons in your party frame for the healer/tank/dps?
    Using ElvUI as base, its just the regular raid icon from the Elv raid frames.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 03:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Oh okay. I cant really seem to be able to customise the looks of Tidy Plates at all except by changing the built in Layouts. Only things I can change is what information they show and even that is very limited. Also there are no profiles with it which is a shame. I would prefer just to go back to Aloft but still be able to have the debuff icons over the top of the nameplates ability.

    Not sure what I'm doing wrong with Tidy Plates then :/

    Also here is my UI on my Death Knight that I am currently leveling up:


    Really enjoyed using MayronUI Gen2, only issues I had were some lua errors. shoulda taken note of what they were tho so I could have let you know.
    I really need a bigger monitor tho, so i can get more screen real estate

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 03:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I don't know the specifics for every little thing to check and uncheck but.
    (assuming you mean for the target frame)
    /ec -> unitframes -> target -> debuffs

    Then this is where i get confused about auras filtering and probably why i never have bothered with it. I "think" you cant to block everything but whitelist and at the very bottom select "RaidDebuffs" in the Additional Filters.

    You can see what auras the RaidDebuff whitelist will show via unitframes -> filters -> select filter "RaidDebuffs" -> Filter Type "Whitelist" -> select spell dropdown menu.

    I could be WAY off on all this. I think there is a pretty big thread on the TukUI/ElvUI forums how to config auras that might offer better more accurate help than this though since i could be 100% wrong.

    ***edit***
    BTW interesting approach with your new layout. The chat placement is interesting and i could see that working well if done right. Hope to see your finalized screenie soon!
    I was a bit out of it last night, completely forgot to check Tuk/Elv Forums....
    Could use some C&C on those screens to give me some more ideas, not sure what to do with it now...got a sort of writers block atm :P UIBLOCK!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •