Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I was a bit out of it last night, completely forgot to check Tuk/Elv Forums....
    Could use some C&C on those screens to give me some more ideas, not sure what to do with it now...got a sort of writers block atm :P UIBLOCK!
    What about either remove one row of action bars on each side of the chat so you have 12 on top and 6 on each side? Or have 12 on top, 6 on each side and 12 on the bottom. Maybe move the whole chat/action bar mix down a bit so it aligns with your minimap, Party/raid frames.

Also, is that nibEclipse? If so you should mess around with size to make that border nice and crisp instead of the blurry mess you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    What about either remove one row of action bars on each side of the chat so you have 12 on top and 6 on each side? Or have 12 on top, 6 on each side and 12 on the bottom. Maybe move the whole chat/action bar mix down a bit so it aligns with your minimap, Party/raid frames.

Also, is that nibEclipse? If so you should mess around with size to make that border nice and crisp instead of the blurry mess you have now.
    I agree with his idea to drop the actionbars and chat down to align with the raid frames and meters*map. Perhaps put your player castbar or target castbar or both in what would be that new void if you deside to move the bars and chat down.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I agree with his idea to drop the actionbars and chat down to align with the raid frames and meters*map. Perhaps put your player castbar or target castbar or both in what would be that new void if you deside to move the bars and chat down.
    Will have a move around see what I come up with, with regards to the cast bars, do you mean like 2 lines say with target and player cast bars running along the top of chat/bar 1 like ========= <-- this kinda hard to describe.

Raid Screenshot (dk alt in LFR)

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post

Its Balance Power Tracker, was messing around with it to try and get a nice clean border, didn't manage it, this is WIP atm, will chuck a different texture into the BPT folder to try and sharpen it up

Edit: Do you mean like this for cast bars / moving chat/ab's down?

Will have a move around see what I come up with, with regards to the cast bars, do you mean like 2 lines say with target and player cast bars running along the top of chat/bar 1 like ========= <-- this kinda hard to describe
    Like if you moved you chat and action bars down to align the bottom of all that to match the raid frames and map there will be plenty space made(where the main actionbar is now) to place one or two castbars and match those to the width of the main actionbar if that makes sense.

Kinda like in my UI my player cast is above my raid frames with the width matched and my target cast is above that matching the width of my player+portrait+target frames.

This is all just suggestions as I think if the actionbar+chat is shifted down you'll have a huge hole between the new location and you unit frames, making it a nice spot to fill with castbars.

But play around and experiment. Even when I get things looking how I like I almost always keep playing around just to see and maybe get some creative ideas and find something I never thought of.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-11 at 07:28 PM.

Cast bars, chat and actionbars edited.

Starting to favor this over my old layout, will deffo be running with it on sunday night for my raid.

Edit: Cookie for anyone who can help me get a nice 1px black border around my balance power bar

Made myself a new more functional UI, still the same layout tho.

Target debuffs + my important buffs (Rapid fire in this case), castbar and bar 2 to the right which pops up when entering combat

Enemy castbar + focus

Raid with BW, boss frames etc

Does anyone have any ideas on how to add a border to bigwigs timers? Want the same border on them that i use for the rest of the UI (fer09).
    To bad there ain't an option for it, heck, you can't even anchor/parent a KGpanel to them
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-01-12 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to add a border to bigwigs timers? Want the same border on them that i use for the rest of the UI (fer09).
    To bad there ain't an option for it, heck, you can't even anchor/parent a KGpanel to them
    BigWigs already has 2 styles by default(Tuk and Beautycase i think), you can make your own style.. check the code for the styles how they add the borders

Cookie for anyone who can help me get a nice 1px black border around my balance power bar
    Took me a whooping 3 minutes to do that.

Open up ingame options, Eclipse Bar, Bar Options, check Show Border, select a bar texture (any will work, even the blizzard ones), change border size to make a nice looking border (I used Blizzard Dialog at the size 2). Then go to Color and change the border color to black.

Now then, the problem is that the border is outside the bar itself. For this you'll have to go into the SavedVariables lua and change insets to 1. Don't forget to exit the game first!
    Code:
    	["eclipse_bar"] = {
    		["showInAllStances"] = false,
    		["ly"] = 0,
    		["insets"] = {
    			["top"] = 1,
    			["right"] = 1,
    			["left"] = 1,
    			["bottom"] = 1,
    Kablamo, you've got yourself a nice 1px border!

One more thing I noticed. Height and Width has to be even numbers otherwise the border won't show at all after doing this. So Width at 200 works, 201 doesn't.
    Last edited by TellyTop; 2013-01-11 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added code and more steps on the way to 1px border

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    BigWigs already has 2 styles by default(Tuk and Beautycase i think), you can make your own style.. check the code for the styles how they add the borders
    Barely know anything about lua coding so i'm afraid that's not an option

Barely know anything about lua coding so i'm afraid that's not an option
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ossStyles.html

Thanks, but i can't seem to find where to add a path to the border i want to use.
    And im quessing that if i want to change the font and bar texture i only need to change the path of these?

Code:
    font = [=[Interface\AddOns\sharedmedia\fonts\font.ttf]=],
    statusBar = [=[Interface\AddOns\sharedmedia\statusbar\statusbar]=],

This is how the lua looks ->

Code:
    local Media = Media or {
    	auraFont = [=[Fonts\FRIZQT__.TTF]=],
    	bgFile = [=[Interface\ChatFrame\ChatFrameBackground]=],
    	buttonOverlay = [=[Interface\Buttons\UI-ActionButton-Border]=],
    	edgeFile = [=[Interface\\Buttons\\WHITE8X8]=],
    	font = [=[Interface\AddOns\sharedmedia\fonts\font.ttf]=],
    	statusBar = [=[Interface\AddOns\sharedmedia\statusbar\statusbar]=],
    	symbolFont = [=[Fonts\pixel.TTF]=]
    }

local freeBackgrounds = {}
    local backdrop = {
    	bgFile = "Interface\\Buttons\\WHITE8X8",
    	edgeFile = "Interface\\Buttons\\WHITE8X8",
    	edgeSize = 1, 
    	insets = { left = 0, right = 0, top = 0, bottom = 0}
    }

local function createBackground()
    	local bg = CreateFrame("Frame")
    	bg:SetBackdrop(backdrop)
    	bg:SetBackdropColor(0,0,0,0)
    	bg:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0,0)

local backdrop = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, bg)
    	backdrop:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", bg, 0, 0)
    	backdrop:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", bg, 0, 0)
    	backdrop:SetFrameStrata("HIGH")
    	backdrop:SetBackdrop({
    		bgFile = Media.bgFile,
    		edgeFile = Media.edgeFile,
    		edgeSize = 1,
    		insets = {
    			left = 0,
    			right = 0,
    			top = 0,
    			bottom = 0
    		}
    	})

backdrop:SetBackdropColor(0,0,0,0)
    	backdrop:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0,0)

return bg
    end

local function freeStyle(bar)
    	local bg = bar:Get("bigwigs:QuseUI:bg")
    	if not bg then return end
    	bg:SetParent(UIParent)
    	bg:Hide()
    	freeBackgrounds[#freeBackgrounds + 0] = bg
    end

local function styleBar(bar)
    	local bg = nil
    	if #freeBackgrounds > 0 then
    		bg = table.remove(freeBackgrounds)
    	else
    		bg = createBackground()
    	end
    	bg:SetParent(bar)
    	bg:ClearAllPoints()
    	bg:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", bar, "TOPLEFT", -1,.8)
    	bg:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", bar, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 1, -.8)
    	bg:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND")
    	bg:SetAlpha(1)
    	bg:Show()
    	bar.candyBarLabel:SetFont(Media.font, 8, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
    	bar.candyBarDuration:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 0)
    	bar.candyBarLabel:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 0)
    	bar.candyBarDuration:SetFont(Media.font, 8, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
    	bar:SetHeight(18)
    	bar:Set("bigwigs:QuseUI:bg", bg)
    end

BigWigs:GetPlugin("Bars"):RegisterBarStyle("QuseUI", {
    	apiVersion = 1,
    	version = 1,
    	GetSpacing = function(bar) return 3 end,
    	ApplyStyle = styleBar,
    	BarStopped = freeStyle,
    	GetStyleName = function() return "QuseUI" end,
    })
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-01-12 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks, but i can't seem to find where to add a path to the border i want to use.
    Code:
        edgeSize = 1, 
    Last edited by tordenflesk; 2013-01-12 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Code:
        edgeSize = 1, 
    So it should looks like this? Thanks for the help btw

Code:
    local backdrop = {
    	bgFile = "D:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Ferous Media\Borders\fer09",
    	edgeFile = "D:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Ferous Media\Borders\fer09",
    	edgeSize = 1, 
    [/code]

Don't think you need the full path. Just from "Interface\AddOns\Ferous Media\Borders\fer09"

My raiding ui

Combat:

Idle:

Last edited by Xerwo; 2013-01-12 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerwo View Post
    My raiding ui

Combat:

What boss frame is that Xerwo?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    What boss frame is that Xerwo?
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shadowed-unit-frames

there u go

Quote Originally Posted by Xerwo View Post

cheers

Any Idea how to get it looking like yours?

So it should looks like this? Thanks for the help btw

Code:
    local backdrop = {
    	bgFile = "D:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Ferous Media\Borders\fer09",
    	edgeFile = "D:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Ferous Media\Borders\fer09",
    	edgeSize = 1, 
    Path should be relative to the WoW root directory, and you need to escape the backslashes (by writing double backslashes instead).
    Code:
    local backdrop = {
    	bgFile = "Interface\\AddOns\\Ferous Media\\Borders\\fer09",
    	edgeFile = "Interface\\AddOns\\Ferous Media\\Borders\\fer09",
    	edgeSize = 1, 
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Slight change I'm working on (not complete). Based around how i have my unit/raid frames with the "faux" border via powerbars.

Changes are:
    -now using the regular "non" PixelMode in ElvUI to create that same style border for everything
    -(nameplates have been edited to have the "PixelMode" style as i prefer that look on the nameplates instead.)
    -trying out no portrait

(I'm aware of the large gap between the map and the datatext, this is intentional to have the map separate. Also the "level" tag is intentional to be offset)

**I may be forced into reverting these changes since my ElvUI is not set to PixelMode my raid frames are now messed up with how i've edited those to first get that look on them, cause they now use the different borders instead of the 1px black border. I'm trying to figure out/get help on the TukUI forums on how to have the party/raid frames use the 1px PixelMode borders while non in PixelMode)
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-12 at 09:31 AM.