Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #8341
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Fonts: Check
    Unit frame texture: idk, came with the oUF layout.
    Shadows: All I could do was mess with inset/padding, looks like crap unless I left it how it was. So I went to tried to change their edgefiles to the ones my map/dmg meter use, for some reason the Buffs/debuffs worked but the action bar did not.
    Border: I messed with trying to change the border of the oUF but the insets would not change at all.

    So basically if the insets on the actionbar and the ouf worked, my UI would look decent.

    -- How it looks with insets not changing

    -- How it looks with what's working

    I'm probably overlooking something or just simply not doing it right concerning the action bars and the unit frames.
    Well, nothing is wrong with outlines, it was just my opinion. Personally, I just don't like outlines on text, especially not in the chat. Although it looks alright on the damage text. Try using a thin outline for everything? If that doesn't look good, I would revert it back to the original set up. remember, its just personal preference.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Yeah and I agree. I preferred having it symmetrical but I understand that having a black empty box just takes up space for no reason. I did have that idea of having the minimap down there as well which I like but I really like the raid frames being in that box. If I did put the minimap down there then where would the raid frames go? Having them at the top of the screen to me seems very strange since I find them useful to look at in raids. The minimap on the other hand I don't really look at too much.

    And thank you Boourns for those scripts! I will definitely try them out. Greatly appreciated

    EDIT: I took your advice and put the Mini-map at the bottom just so you can see what it would look like with the Damage Meter on as well:

    I really like it! Probably looks better than anything I've ever created! (Personal opinion)
    Last edited by psychoholic123; 2013-01-20 at 04:48 PM.

  2. #8342
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Yeah and I agree. I preferred having it symmetrical but I understand that having a black empty box just takes up space for no reason. I did have that idea of having the minimap down there as well which I like but I really like the raid frames being in that box. If I did put the minimap down there then where would the raid frames go? Having them at the top of the screen to me seems very strange since I find them useful to look at in raids. The minimap on the other hand I don't really look at too much.

    And thank you Boourns for those scripts! I will definitely try them out. Greatly appreciated

    EDIT: I took your advice and put the Mini-map at the bottom just so you can see what it would look like with the Damage Meter on as well:

    The Chat, Minimap. Damage Meter, Data, and Action Bar frames all look really nice in that placement. You used just enough paneling to give it visual appeal, without going overboard. Keep up the good work, as you have a really great idea going with this one.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

  3. #8343
    I like your UI very much. Do you have a infight Screenshot?
    I sort of do, but I changed the UF/RF up, I changed them back, though.

    http://i.imgur.com/bcfGwiK.jpg

    I changed the font too, I'll get an SS tonight if I can.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"
    _________________________________________
    CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz; GPU: MSi GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II
    RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance; MB: MSi Z68-G45 G3

  4. #8344
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    You can easily make an UI like this without having to configurate through a lua.
    What you need are the following addons ->

    KGPanels
    Stuf or Pitbull4 unitframes
    Bartender or Dominos
    Masque + Masque clean icons or some other skin
    AZCastbar or quartz
    Weakauras
    Phanxbuffs
    Skada or recount
    Sldatatext
    Big wigs or DBM
    Chatter or prat
    Chinchilla minimap
    Or he could just download ElvUI. Since 95% of the UI in question is using ElvUI

  5. #8345
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    I sort of do, but I changed the UF/RF up, I changed them back, though.

    http://i.imgur.com/bcfGwiK.jpg

    I changed the font too, I'll get an SS tonight if I can.
    Assuming the green bar in the middle of your screen is a rage bar?
    If so, you could disable rage showing on your Unitframes

    I prefer those raid frames over the "old" ones

    Floating Combat Text still seems a bit...spammy.

    Other than that its cleaner and more "readable" for me at least

  6. #8346
    This is the one I'm using right now

    http://i.imgur.com/kGwGHxJ.jpg

    I'll disable the power bar on my player frame, it does seem unnecessary. I disabled the health deficit, it just happened to be everyone was at full health at the time. :x
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"
    _________________________________________
    CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz; GPU: MSi GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II
    RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance; MB: MSi Z68-G45 G3

  7. #8347
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    This is the one I'm using right now

    http://i.imgur.com/kGwGHxJ.jpg

    I'll disable the power bar on my player frame, it does seem unnecessary. I disabled the health deficit, it just happened to be everyone was at full health at the time. :x
    I'd like to suggest if you know your keybinds well enough turn off the keybind/macro texts on your action bars. It tends to add a lot of clutter on them with that text + cooldown time remaining text.

  8. #8348
    Field Marshal Malcanthet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    This is the one I'm using right now

    http://i.imgur.com/kGwGHxJ.jpg

    I'll disable the power bar on my player frame, it does seem unnecessary. I disabled the health deficit, it just happened to be everyone was at full health at the time. :x
    Personally I'd add a border around the boss timers. Especially since there is a slight hint of a background on them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 09:07 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Be prepared to spend a lot of time and make a lot of auras My CD's are 36 auras and that's just for resto spec, add in more for enhance specific ones to replace resto specific ones. Also needs to be done for each and every class you play on top of specs. >_< Not exactly efficient but looks good

    Also since you are using ElvUI there is an edit you can make in WeakAuras to skin the borders on the Progress Bars to match. (icons are skinned via ElvUI_AddOnSkins)

    WeakAuras -> RegionTypes -> aurabar.lua -> around line 278

    Above
    Code:
    -- Create statusbar (inherit prototype)
      local bar = CreateFrame("FRAME", nil, region);
      local fg = bar:CreateTexture(nil, "ARTWORK");
      local bg = bar:CreateTexture(nil, "ARTWORK");
      fg:SetDrawLayer("ARTWORK", 2);
      bg:SetDrawLayer("ARTWORK", 1);
      bar.fg = fg;
      bar.bg = bg;
    add in

    Code:
    local bg = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, region);
        bg:Point("TOPLEFT", region, "TOPLEFT", -2, 2);
        bg:Point("BOTTOMRIGHT", region, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 2, -2);
        bg:SetTemplate("Transparent");
        bg:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND");
        region.bg = bg;
    **NOTE**
    If your ElvUI is in "PixelMode" (which i believe yours is) change the point values (-2, 2) and (2, -2) to (-1, 1) and (1, -1).
    This is fantastic. I'm toodling off to change my progress bars.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 09:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I was talking about Janzeer.
    I'm Drayarr - The moonkin, from Rebirth
    I know, I was trying to be ironic, obviously that did not translate too well in the written word

  9. #8349
    Update on a couple changes I've made recently.

    After seeing Jeremypwnz screenshots I really liked the "shadows" on some of his frames, so I've taken that idea and added them into my UI.

    Other change has been that I cleaned up the tags in my unit frames.
    -Health percent and Power percents are on each side instead of side by side.
    -Health current / max was changed to just current and moved to the middle.

    and

    -split up my buff groups (top right) into short(less than 2min) and long (more than 2min) as it used to be all one large group for all. (this change was due to how i had to add the shadows on my buff/debuff frames)

    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-21 at 09:25 AM.

  10. #8350
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Update on a couple changes I've made recently.

    After seeing Jeremypwnz screenshots I really liked the "shadows" on some of his frames, so I've taken that idea and added them into my UI.

    Other change has been that I cleaned up the tags in my unit frames.
    -Health percent and Power percents are on each side instead of side by side.
    -Health current / max was changed to just current and moved to the middle.

    and

    -split up my buff groups (top right) into short(less than 2min) and long (more than 2min) as it used to be all one large group for all. (this change was due to how i had to add the shadows on my buff/debuff frames)

    How did you add the shadows?

  11. #8351
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    - Personally I'm really not a fan of the rectangle things it really makes the UI look stretched to some bizarre resolution (or are you playing at a bizarre resolution?).
    - You also have timers on the auras with a countdown and a bar underneath that takes up what could be 1/5th of the icon, which could be removed to slim them down.
    - The minimap and buffs themselves seem to take up quite a lot of room in the top right corner of the UI too. Do you look at them that much that they need to be that big?
    - I'd also say that you've quite a lot of text covering your health bars which makes them seem to be a bit messy and cluttered!
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  12. #8352
    Any recommendations for my UI, there's lots of room for improvement I beleive? Like to keep things simple so I'm just using mainly blizz ui elements for now..

    I'd like to add/refine things like
    -Good square minimap
    -Smooth unit frames
    -"elegant" raid frames such as elvui raid frames. But without using elvui.

    Here it is now: http://i.imgur.com/6bO2jaB.jpg

    Taking all recommendations!
    Last edited by Icycoldd; 2013-01-21 at 03:00 PM.

  13. #8353
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Any recommendations for my UI, there's lots of room for improvement I beleive? Like to keep things simple so I'm just using mainly blizz ui elements for now..

    I'd like to add/refine things like
    -Good square minimap
    -Smooth unit frames
    -"elegant" raid frames such as elvui raid frames. But without using elvui.

    Here it is now: http://i.imgur.com/6bO2jaB.jpg

    Taking all recommendations!
    I like it because it's simple and it has the elements needed. You'd need to download a few addons to get where you want and you say you like to keep it simple and that you use blizz elements so I would recommend to you to try this layout: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...81-NeavUI.html

    It's a very good default UI alternative and I think it might fit you well.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  14. #8354
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Any recommendations for my UI, there's lots of room for improvement I beleive? Like to keep things simple so I'm just using mainly blizz ui elements for now..

    I'd like to add/refine things like
    -Good square minimap
    -Smooth unit frames
    -"elegant" raid frames such as elvui raid frames. But without using elvui.

    Here it is now: http://i.imgur.com/6bO2jaB.jpg

    Taking all recommendations!
    I like using Chinchilla and Minimap Button Frame (http://i.imgur.com/AxKOdNC.png) altough I could have done a better job at managing the spacing.

    My other suggestion would be that you could make your actionbar to the left on the screen invisible (Or 40% opacity until you get used to it) unless mouseover. Same thing with your micromenu. Then I'd just stretch out your micromenu to one column or row and put it to the edge of the screen as well.

    The only thing other than the unitframes that I would suggest would be a chat addon.

  15. #8355
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    - Personally I'm really not a fan of the rectangle things it really makes the UI look stretched to some bizarre resolution (or are you playing at a bizarre resolution?).
    - You also have timers on the auras with a countdown and a bar underneath that takes up what could be 1/5th of the icon, which could be removed to slim them down.
    - The minimap and buffs themselves seem to take up quite a lot of room in the top right corner of the UI too. Do you look at them that much that they need to be that big?
    - I'd also say that you've quite a lot of text covering your health bars which makes them seem to be a bit messy and cluttered!
    1: I've been posting my screens for some time now and you've commented in the past on them did you really just notice I had rectangle icons just now? It's not some odd resolution, they are rectangle on purpose.

    2: Again it's on purpose the icons are rectangle and the status bar underneath the icons are for design. (also something I've had in my screenshots for ages) The author liked the idea so much when I first asked how I could make the edit for rectangle icons he actually added it into the addon itself as a feature, so I'm not that crazy.

    3: The minimap and buffs really don't take up as much space as it looks. Again this is something that's been this way for ever and never commented about.

    4: Are you kidding me? I get rid of text and then you tell me there is too much? You sir are on glue.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    How did you add the shadows?
    I added most of them with kgpanels, shadows around Weakaura progress bar and my Raven buffs/debuffs are done within the addon through border options.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-21 at 05:12 PM.

  16. #8356
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    1: I've been posting my screens for some time now and you've commented in the past on them did you really just notice I had rectangle icons just now? It's not some odd resolution, they are rectangle on purpose.

    2: Again it's on purpose the icons are rectangle and the status bar underneath the icons are for design. (also something I've had in my screenshots for ages) The author liked the idea so much when I first asked how I could make the edit for rectangle icons he actually added it into the addon itself as a feature, so I'm not that crazy.

    3: The minimap and buffs really don't take up as much space as it looks. Again this is something that's been this way for ever and never commented about.

    4: Are you kidding me? I get rid of text and then you tell me there is too much? You sir are on glue.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:11 AM ----------



    I added most of them with kgpanels, shadows around Weakaura progress bar and my Raven buffs/debuffs are done within the addon through border options.
    I'm not sure why you continue to post your screenshots, honestly. Anytime you receive actual constructive criticism you respond with catty retorts. The only time you've responded to someone's feedback is if that person has spent half the post telling you how great you are.

    At the very least, respond cordially - which means not making the person giving feedback sound like an unobservant idiot or by telling them they're "on glue." Or just continue posting screenshots and enjoy a complete lack of responses because, unless it's someone patting you on the back, no one is going to want to add any suggestions.

    /resume lurk

  17. #8357
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    1: I've been posting my screens for some time now and you've commented in the past on them did you really just notice I had rectangle icons just now? It's not some odd resolution, they are rectangle on purpose.

    2: Again it's on purpose the icons are rectangle and the status bar underneath the icons are for design. (also something I've had in my screenshots for ages) The author liked the idea so much when I first asked how I could make the edit for rectangle icons he actually added it into the addon itself as a feature, so I'm not that crazy.

    3: The minimap and buffs really don't take up as much space as it looks. Again this is something that's been this way for ever and never commented about.

    4: Are you kidding me? I get rid of text and then you tell me there is too much? You sir are on glue.
    This is the first time I personally know of commenting on your UI and I don't look at every screenshot that everybody posts when quite a few of them show the most minor changes.

    I never said you're crazy, I just asked why it is you have two sets of timers on your icons, one of which makes them look bloated and irregular.

    You should learn to take feedback a little better too as referring that someone is 'on glue' isn't really respectable.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  18. #8358
    Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    I'm not sure why you continue to post your screenshots, honestly. Anytime you receive actual constructive criticism you respond with catty retorts. The only time you've responded to someone's feedback is if that person has spent half the post telling you how great you are.

    At the very least, respond cordially - which means not making the person giving feedback sound like an unobservant idiot or by telling them they're "on glue." Or just continue posting screenshots and enjoy a complete lack of responses because, unless it's someone patting you on the back, no one is going to want to add any suggestions.

    /resume lurk
    I'm only giving reasons why things are the way they are. I have no problems with feedback when any of it makes sense. Saying things like there's too much text in the unit frames after I JUST removed text from them (when the previous frames that had MORE text were never brought up) is just plain silly and sounds more like trolling.

    But you're right I will stop posting screenshots as the UI gods in here apparently are never pleased.

  19. #8359
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Any recommendations for my UI, there's lots of room for improvement I beleive? Like to keep things simple so I'm just using mainly blizz ui elements for now..

    I'd like to add/refine things like
    -Good square minimap
    -Smooth unit frames
    -"elegant" raid frames such as elvui raid frames. But without using elvui.

    Here it is now: http://i.imgur.com/6bO2jaB.jpg

    Taking all recommendations!
    I would recommend Shadowed Unit Frames as they are easy to use once you've been messing with the settings for a while. I've been using them for years. I tried getting into Pitbull but didn't like them as it felt much more confusing to get use to and they did not have some features such as being able to put the indicators exactly where you want them... not sure if they have been changed since then though. Any other UF addon just didn't feel as good. I know oUF is good but only if your prepared to edit them in the lua files they come with.

    The only other thing I would say is to get a chat addon such as chatter or the much more light weight and simple "BasicChatMods" which I am currently using. Chatter seems very big for what I need it for. I also use nibChatTabs to stylize up the chat tabs a bit better and remove the background etc. BasicChatMods comes with nice features such as removing the buttons on the left, making it possible to click on website links and copy the URL when linked in the chat box, and many more small but nice things. I just like the fact that it lets you move it lower than the blizzard default chat box lets you so you can put it right in the corner rather than slightly hard up. But I am a very picky person lol.

    For minimaps I would say either SexyMap or qMinimap. SexyMap has a built in GUI and I'm mostly sure that qMinimap has to be edited in the .lua file but its easy and there isn't much that needs changing. I made my own Minimap addon so I don't use either though.

    You have done a nice job making your bars look nicer but I recommend keeping the style consistent with your buffs. I use PhanxBuffs to do this with Masque.
    I know I ramble on a lot so I will end it here lol.

  20. #8360
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I'm only giving reasons why things are the way they are. I have no problems with feedback when any of it makes sense. Saying things like there's too much text in the unit frames after I JUST removed text from them (when the previous frames that had MORE text were never brought up) is just plain silly and sounds more like trolling.

    But you're right I will stop posting screenshots as the UI gods in here apparently are never pleased.
    Dont try to slam the door because you're just making yourself look like even more of an idiot here. At least act maturely when you're being told down, rather than making a snarky retort. You really need to grow up good sir, you're acting like a 15 year old ego-maniac and it's quite frankly annoying quite a few people. You've been told why it's annoying people and you need to go away and think about what you're doing which has peeved quite a few people off in these forums, rather than sulking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •