Texture, border and font unification across the UI? That doesn't matter to you. Neither does alignment.
My take on this: Your UI will look like a random mess as long as you keep using different textures and fonts everywhere.
You've got stuff spread all over your screen. It would be a lot better if you gathered your most important UI elements together and placed them in a bottom/center position. And get rid of Omen, you shouldn't need it at all.
You should have a look at the color on your frames aswell. At least from your old screenshot I can see that your Unit Frames and Raid Frames have different color. Either change Grid to be class colored or Unit Frames to be the same gray color as Grid.
Unify your UI elements. Find one font, texture and border you like and try to use it on all frames. Try to gather them more to the center, that's where you should be looking most of the time anyway.
All noted and appreciate the advice. I wouldn't say I had a messy UI but that's your take on it.
I'm starting to level up my DK alt tonight and am doing a new UI so will try something more central.
Also why as a DPS Priest (that I was in the screenshot) not benefit from Omen? I like to know my threat on fresh adds etc.
If you are not looking at it at the begining and you are focusing on other things all over the place (personal opinion is this is what you should be doing) then it would probbaly be more beneficial to have something like tidy plates threat plates installed so you can see a visual que over the mob you are targeting of your threat and you can focus on more important stuff going on around you. Staring at omen reduces situational awareness as you must focus on a part of the screen that is not productive towards the current fight.
just my take on it and one way that a simple addon addition to a UI can greatly improove QOL and awareness
Youtube Chan : http://www.youtube.com/user/eqbobyboucher
Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Odina/advanced
Updated one I found from last night: http://imageshack.us/a/img841/734/wo...1813145740.jpg
All feedback so far has been good. Changes so far:
- In regards to Omen3 I do actually agree with all of you but I'm so used to having it I just... do. Since gotten rid of it as I do already have Tidy Plates: Threat Plates installed for telling me when I have aggro.
- I tried having the Grid colours the same as unit frames and whilst they look a little cleaner I found it harder to see health defecits.
- I've changed MSBT CD ready statuses to just be an icon flash on my character the same way Doom Cooldown Pulse does. Only thing I don't like about it is the icons don't have a border but I can't work out how to get Power Auras to flash me the icon of a spell coming off CD but it then disappearing.
- I know Weak Auras > Power Auras but I can't be bothered replicating all my auras and learning how to use WA.
- Also use DoTimer in Icon form to the left of Grid to track evangelism/Archangel now.
Yeh I think I will try move to WeakAuras soon because I know it is far better than Power Auras. It just looks a little daunting when I first opened it up. Luckily the only time I do use WeakAuras is when I steal others imports for my Druid
At the moment Power Auras works because I just have very standard auras needed for ability CDs and encounter debuffs.
Finally getting somewhere with my UI. Still a couple of things I'd like to do:
- Increase the amount of player buffs in the top right.
- Sort out the role icon on the party frames
- Sort out the buffs on the party frames
- Fix the boss ability emotes in the middle of the screen (They appear fuzzy and the wrong size)
I noticed the party borders on the party frames buffs go behind the HP bar where they overlap the frame. Is that a design choice or do you still need to fix the frame level? I've been playing arround with buffs/debuffs/aura's overlapping my UI frames partially and I'm close to finsihing it for testing purpose.
On a general note, and I would like to hear your point of view Carebear (other opponions are welcome aswell), what's your idea about buffs/debuffs/auras setup on the player and target frames? I'm always having a hard time making minimalistic frames and messing arround with the buff layout. I feel buffs/debuffs make or break your layout. Do you just show all (de)buffs or did you try filtering them? Just one row or let them stack?
Personally, I'm thinking of going for a filtered setup (like filger f.e.) but that's so hard to keep it updated/managed. Maybe a split setup for PvP/PvE purposes? Curious to see what you guys think about this.
Requests by PM [closed] - My work