-Made my buffs smaller in the top right, as well as target buffs and debuffs.
-Moved rep bar down below Skada instead of the minimap.
-Moved Time and System Datatexts up into the minimap and removed it's texture to only show the text.
-Moved addon buttons up to where the rep bar used to be.
**WeakAuras are enabled for the screen shot**
-Added "combo point" Weakauras for Maelstrom Weapon stacks when Enhance. (same is used on other classes for combo points, holy power, chi and any other power or orb that stacks for whatever class)
-Above player unit frame tracks Water/Lightning Shield, Weapon Imbues (Earliving, Flametongue, Windfury), Earth Shield.
-Larger center bars are my totems. (ignore it showing four, it's a Dynamic group and very very very rarely will all four be active at once)
-Smaller center bars below totems are Flame Shock on target and Unleash Elements CD. (similar bars are used to track class specific debuffs when playing those)
1. Your flame shock tracker and the one above it have black backgrounds instead of gray backgrounds like everything else.
2. Your shield trackers have transparent backgrounds instead of solid backgrounds like everything else.
3. I don't feel like the class colored borders on your unitframes are necessary. Your target and ToT frames have class identification on the name text and nothing else in the Ui has a class colored border. It makes either the uf's or everything else seem unfinished when the borders don't match up.
4. I am assuming that you placed your minimap, meter panel and chat panel the way that you have in order to visually mimic the rectangular theme you have going on in the Ui, but really the uneven spacing from the top and bottom edges to the left and right edges of the screen just makes it look unintentional. Now, if you want to put some paneling along the top and bottom of the screen to fill that empty space and even out the spacing then I wouldn't count that out as an option.
5. In my opinion, you should take your rep bar and use it on the bottom edge of your minimap so that it will appear the way your aura icons do with their timer bars at the bottom of the icons. That would be a better placement for your bar that would make two elements tie in with your rectangular theme better.
6. I do like the texts much better inside the map like you have now, but its driving me crazy that there is no text on the bottom right corner lol. Put durability text there, or something else just as useful.
7. I hate seeing the addon buttons bar. I don't understand why that has to be visible at all times. When you move your rep bar to the bottom edge of the minimap, keep your addon bar right under that but make it mouse-over so you don't always see it.
8. Lastly, unify all of your colors. The green tone that you are using for your aura timers, rep bar, and ability trackers could all be the same. Same goes for the reds and oranges. You already have a lot of colors going on (which looks good btw, but at least keep some unification)
The Ui is looking really great and the rectangles are slowly growing on me hehe, can't wait to see the update!
Double check your target frame's name text, it looks like it needs to be bumped to the left 1px. I haven't re-installed photoshop yet so I can't double check but it looks like it might need to be adjusted slightly.
Trying to get a close-up, but getting photobombed by a bear >.> No joke person jumped across my screen as I hit print-screen.
Still working on fixing a few things as I see them.
If anyone knows how to get rid of that combat icon on the pframe in elvui, please tell me. I've been searching for ages.
1- This was an oversight and i also noticed after posting will be fixed
2- Totem bars are also transparent, it's just not noticeable at that angle. (#1 should be the same as these and fixed)
3- The class borders are actually the power bars and is the same on my raid frames. I find it handy to have them class colored, they do however match the grey once mana, energy, rage, rune power focus deplete. (I may just have name text color for NPC's instead of class and NPS as i prefer the class color "border" but then for example warriors, dk's, feral/guardian druids won't have any immediate way of knowing the class as they generally start at 0 power)
4- The minimap placement is tricky. I use ElvUI and the edit I've done to the map is why it sits where it is. I use a SetMaskTexture on the map to make it rectangle, so the map is "technically" still square and can not be moved further up since it's edge it at the top of the screen just hidden via the mask. So i had to adjust the chat and Skada to match that. (I believe the adjusting of the chat and Skada to match was made from an earlier comment made some time ago and i never looked back on it)
5- This i 100% agree with and was why it originally was below the map. I only moved it to attempt to make the map "look" smaller as it was earlier said to look large. (I like the map size and don't want to change that. It's not a simple change the size due to my edit on the map, i have to change quite a bit of code to rematch the border to the new size, realign the datatexts, LFG icon, mail icon, dungeon icon, zone location.)
6- I kinda agree with this, but ElvUI only has 2 datatext slots on the minimap. I will try to figure out and see if i can add a 3rd but no promises. (maybe i will just move the system over to align on the right leaving the middle free.)
7- More lua limitations. >_< It's a ElvUI plugin "SquareMinimap Bar/Buttons" so i will have to see if i can figure out how to add mouseover (or wait and see if it gets added, i think someone suggested this as a feature on the addon's page in the Tukui/ElvUI forums) Also I have the addon buttons displayed mainly because i like to know visually when i get a lua error (especially when I'm messing around with everything as for me lua editing is VERY trial and error, mostly error so seeing the red sack is easier as i might not always notice the chat message and annoying lua pop windows are turned off)
8- Going to see if i can change the green on the rep bar. ElvUI doesn't have an option so more lua! As for the bars on Raven and abilities (actionbar and CD's *both not shown*) They all start out as the same green it's just the ones made in weakauras (actionbar and CD's) I've made them transition from green to red during their duration. (this is why you may have noticed all sorts of shades of red/orange) Raven's only change from green to red once <= 5 sec i believe. I might try just making the weakaura bars change red at <= 5 as well. (i wanted to be fancy with transitioning colors ) since i do not know how i would even go about editing Raven to have the colors transition the same.
9- Oops, yep it's 1px to the right aligned with the color part of the "faux" border. Will fix and move it to the left by 1.
---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:35 PM ----------
modules -> unitframes -> construct_elements.lua
around the 420 area you will find
just add a line.Code:function UF:Construct_CombatIndicator(frame) local combat = frame:CreateTexture(nil, "OVERLAY") combat:Size(19) combat:Point("CENTER", frame.Health, "CENTER", 0,6) combat:SetVertexColor(0.69, 0.31, 0.31) return combat end
this would be the easiest way as removing the whole bit might break something.Code:combat:SetAlpha(0)
Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-26 at 07:59 PM.
Thought id show my druids eclipse bar,
On this screeny the bottom bar atm is showing Celestial Alignment the bars countdown and when they both reach middle the buff is gone.
Here it just shows my Eclipse :P
Bored at the beach, working on my UI some more. Just have the player, target, target of target and party/raid frames done. Any suggestions on them so far?
Also, the map, chat, buffs are all 20px from the edge of the screen.
Party Frames Showing:
10M Raid Frames Showing:
Any suggestions? I was literally 3" from the screen trying to line up everything to the pixel. So if something's not lined up please let me know. Designing a minimal interface for a tank is kinda hard in my opinion. I'm thinking of doing a weak auras cooldown bar to go where the currently empty bar is above the raid/party frames to hopefully get it to line up more perfectly.
Vertical Raid Frames:
Last edited by Treeston; 2013-01-27 at 07:57 AM.
Last edited by Treeston; 2013-01-27 at 07:58 AM.
Border for the map and top right buffs look brighter than all the other borders (could be imgur messing with the screenshot though)
Should try something like abload to upload screenies to as it doesn't ruin the quality.
Here's a more up to date shot of the UI. I actually like the raid/party frames under the minimap out of the way. Someone in my guild brought up a valid point about them. Even as a tank, I'm not staring and healing full time so I didn't really need them to be in the center next to my player frame. It just now leaves an empty spot there and makes the UI feel to right side heavy if that makes any sense.
Actionbars are hidden unless I mouse over them for now at least. Hopefully they go fully hidden all the time.
Last edited by Treeston; 2013-01-27 at 07:58 AM.
Ok fixed some things since the last time I posted: http://i.imgur.com/Somkiqr.jpg
Now just need to find something that matches elvui unit frames.. probably gonna have to go over the OuF library even though I've seen them all 100 times.
-Anyone got suggestions for unit frames? (I've seen SUF already, may have to mess with options)
-Is there an actual addon that displays gold, guild, repair and stuff under your chatbox or is that exlusive to packaged UIs?
It's very light weight (not as light as say oUF) but 1/3rd the memory usage of SuF, Pitbull, ect.
I went with SLDT data text, very nice. Gonna start messing with Stuf unit frames and try to give it a nice dark look.