Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    How did you do the GCD bar?
    Right now it's a cheaty half-ass bar behind it. Just played with the opacity until it looked good.
    Working on a way to combine them into eachother though.
    No Envy, No Fear

Done for now, the only thing i really don't like is the border on the bigwigs timers (pic 2), i have no clue how to make them pixel perfect with a black/grey/black border, same goes for the buffs on my target.
    There's also a small pixel error on the right side of the raid, been moving it around, resizing it and played with the spacing but i just cant get it right unless i move the whole raid to another position which i don't want to

Raid with bar 2 to the right that pops up in combat

Focus, castbars and bigwigs timers

Config mode to show the bossframes that are located under the minimap
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-17 at 06:00 PM.

@ Rusk,

Other than some font size issues and font outline inconsistencies, it looks great! A bit too monochromatic for my personal taste, but overall well done

<3
    Ish

[QUOTE=Rusk;20246313]Done for now, the only thing i really don't like is the border on the bigwigs timers (pic 2), i have no clue how to make them pixel perfect with a black/grey/black border, same goes for the buffs on my target.
    There's also a small pixel error on the right side of the raid, been moving it around, resizing it and played with the spacing but i just cant get it right unless i move the whole raid to another position which i don't want to

Raid with bar 2 to the right that pops up in combat
    <snip>

Focus, castbars and bigwigs timers
    <snip>

Config mode to show the bossframes that are located under the minimap
    <snip>

Upload please!
    What Ish said bout fonts, love it tho.
    Will this work on 1440x900?
    I dont have a supermassive monitor like you
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-17 at 06:00 PM.

TBH it's a lot i'm thinking about an "only text" UI, but actionbars are really good - immediate information with a glimpse of an eye.
    I agree.

I think you could do something like "action bars made of text". For example consider powerline (a plugin for the vim text editor). Imagine if we made a font that had icons for major spells. Maybe one "box" glyph in the background, then one "skull" glyph on top of that, and finally a small pixel-font marker in under that with a 5-7 letter "name" -- something arranged to look sort of like a period table of elements…

Someting as simple as setting foreground and background color (I realize wow doesn't do background color on text) lets you create interesting displays

With a little effort I think you could make a really light-weight UI that looked good. Then again, wow's got a really crumby text renderer so it might be hard to get enough detail out of text to make it look good.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Upload please!
    What Ish said bout fonts, love it tho.
    Will this work on 1440x900?
    I dont have a supermassive monitor like you
    Afraid not, it's built for a 1920x1080 resolution=/

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Afraid not, it's built for a 1920x1080 resolution=/
    Ugh, Max Reso I can get upto is 1440x900
    Don't have the disposable income to get a bigger monitor right now /sadface
    Would you mind uploading anyway, I could play around with it to see if I can make it fit

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Ugh, Max Reso I can get upto is 1440x900
    Don't have the disposable income to get a bigger monitor right now /sadface
    Would you mind uploading anyway, I could play around with it to see if I can make it fit
    You would have to redo the size of every KGPanel and everything else to get it to fit and there is around 55 kgpanels hehe;p

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I agree.

I think you could do something like "action bars made of text".
    There is an oUF layout that does exaclty that tbh, i looked at it bu as far as i remeber it's made through other means than lua code, so it's something that i'm not that good. Would like to try anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:39 PM ----------

You would have to redo the size of every KGPanel and everything else to get it to fit and there is around 55 kgpanels hehe;p
    If you parent the panels to actual frames you won't need to adjust anything.

Also, a correct anchors usage makes the ui usable on nearly any resolution - the issue is mostly to make it fit to smalle screens. That's why i made my frames draggabe^^ i play on my pc at 1680x1050 but also on my laptop at 1280x800.

What do you all think? good? bad?
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-17 at 07:59 PM.

Beautiful Terminal theme.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If you parent the panels to actual frames you won't need to adjust anything.
    But won't there be pixel errors on them when changing resulotion? I had to move every kgpanel to a certain position to make it pixel perfect, then move it to the frame and set the size i had at the pixel perfect position.

Working on a new layout on the PTR. I still don't really like it but I've got nothing else that even remotely looks better.

Thoughts? Anything I could do better? And I'm trying to figure out where to place omen as I'm a tank so kinda need that. Thought about off beside the minimap, but that would be too far away from my field of vision I think =/.

But won't there be pixel errors on them when changing resulotion? I had to move every kgpanel to a certain position to make it pixel perfect, then move it to the frame and set the size i had at the pixel perfect position.
    Some adjustment will be always needed. But in terms of fitting to lower resolutions you shouldn't have any problem.

EDIT: parenting the panel to the frame will make it always connected to it and moving together with it and show/hide together with it. Anchoring it to the center of the frame and adjusting the size of it would solve most of the problems.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-02-18 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post

Addons used
    Bartender4
    kgPanels
    Omen3
    OmniCC
    PallyPower
    Prat
    Recount
    Shadowed Unitframes
    WeakAuras

Addons not visible on the picture
    Ardent Defender
    DBM
    gBags
    MSBT
    TidyPlates
    TipTac
    XLootGroup

Edit: Sacred Shield and Inquisition are on top of each other on my WeakAuras, same goes for Hand spells. Grid would be on top of the chat windows.
    Would it be possible to get this uploaded somewhere?

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-19 at 10:06 AM.
    A typical raid leader command would be something like "Yo Scrub, why don't you YOLO 1337 yards to the left because the boss's Swag is about to hit us in 3 seconds".
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.
    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

Alright here's the deal..
    Im currently running this UI http://i.imgur.com/rYT6fhd.jpg
    It's basically an old version of Wullie's suit, with my own modifications. Nothing big, very very simple modifications..

But I want something different done for my Unitframes, i.e player and target..
    I'd like something like a mix of these 3 styles.
    http://i.imgur.com/G801v.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9CTTC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/v3St5.jpg

Kait's would be cool, but I dont need the balls.. So Something like those 3^^ but without balls and stuff like that, and with more better info on mana current/max..

Is it possible to make that? What would I need?
    - I'm very unskilled with creating my own stuff.

It's kinda funny to talk to "real nerds" with tweaked out Vim/zsh/etc setups.
    This from the guy that posts a vim-powerline screenshot a few posts later. Sorry sir, you fall into that group too

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Alright here's the deal..
    Im currently running this UI http://i.imgur.com/rYT6fhd.jpg
    It's basically an old version of Wullie's suit, with my own modifications. Nothing big, very very simple modifications..

But I want something different done for my Unitframes, i.e player and target..
    I'd like something like a mix of these 3 styles.
    http://i.imgur.com/G801v.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9CTTC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/v3St5.jpg

Kait's would be cool, but I dont need the balls.. So Something like those 3^^ but without balls and stuff like that, and with more better info on mana current/max..

Is it possible to make that? What would I need?
    - I'm very unskilled with creating my own stuff.
    The last one looks like weakauras at the unitframes, here's a good guide on how to make weakauras 3d models.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-riKRGwd2s

The last one looks like weakauras at the unitframes, here's a good guide on how to make weakauras 3d models.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-riKRGwd2s
    I believe they're all made with WeakAuras, but I dont know if theres more to it.