Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #8761
    Solvexx, your HoPo addon is also just changed textures? Or a different addon?
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  2. #8762
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,783
    I could do it both ways I believe.
    But since I wanted more customisation like alpha, hiding outside of combat and ect I decided to use
    someone elses addon in conjunction with the textures I made to save myself some time.

    It's an addon called MovableHolyPower.
    Maybe I should do it all myself.. Hmm..

  3. #8763
    I've given it some thought and I would like to attempt making a "Guildwars2" type UI for wow, any suggestions on what i could use for the health orb?

    Could I theoretically do it with some awesome Weak Auras?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 12:00 AM.

  4. #8764
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I've given it some thought and I would like to attempt making a "Guildwars2" type UI for wow, any suggestions on what i could use for the health orb?

    Could I theoretically do it with some awesome Weak Auras?
    Take a look in this compilation.
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info20684-ButgerStijlUIGuildWars2.html

  5. #8765
    Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    Take a look in this compilation.
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info20684-ButgerStijlUIGuildWars2.html
    Awh someone already did it...well that puts a bit of a dampener on it...Wanted a project to work on now my guild has died...

    Edit: Anyone know of an addon that can make castbars semi-circle shaped? like (<- that only horizontal
    Edit2: For unitframes Stuf or Shadowed?
    Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic http://i.imgur.com/yoxyY.jpg
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 01:51 AM.

  6. #8766
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Awh someone already did it...well that puts a bit of a dampener on it...Wanted a project to work on now my guild has died...

    Edit: Anyone know of an addon that can make castbars semi-circle shaped? like (<- that only horizontal
    Edit2: For unitframes Stuf or Shadowed?
    You will need a lot of custom code...

  7. #8767
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Awh someone already did it...well that puts a bit of a dampener on it...Wanted a project to work on now my guild has died...

    Edit: Anyone know of an addon that can make castbars semi-circle shaped? like (<- that only horizontal
    Edit2: For unitframes Stuf or Shadowed?
    Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic
    Stuf has a semi circle texture which is generally used to configure it as a HUD.

    All you need to do is apply this to Stuf's castbar and under castbar options you should be able to rotate it to work horizontally.

  8. #8768
    Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    You will need a lot of custom code...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Stuf has a semi circle texture which is generally used to configure it as a HUD.

    All you need to do is apply this to Stuf's castbar and under castbar options you should be able to rotate it to work horizontally.
    Got some ideas/addons I can use, gonna start working on it today/tomorrow see what i can come up with

    Anyone know a Minimap that I can increase the size of the shown area?

    Edit: Using Stuf unitframes, anyone know how to make the full name of the target show, cant seem to figure it out atm
    Edit2:Anyone know how to remove that red border around debuff?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Fixed vague wording

  9. #8769
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic http://i.imgur.com/yoxyY.jpg
    Since I made a GW2 UI myself.. and used the font, it's called: Cronos Pro
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  10. #8770
    Field Marshal Cedande's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    62
    UI I built back in wrath, haven't felt the need to change it since.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-21 at 11:11 AM.

  11. #8771
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Got some ideas/addons I can use, gonna start working on it today/tomorrow see what i can come up with

    Anyone know a Minimap that I can increase the size of the shown area?

    Edit: Using Stuf unitframes, anyone know how to make the full name of the target show, cant seem to figure it out atm
    Edit2:Anyone know how to remove that red border around debuff?

    For the name if you go into the Name area and change its "Width" it makes it show more letters. For the red borders if you go into "Global" and scroll down abit you can see all the debuff colours, and you can change there border colour.

  12. #8772
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Since I made a GW2 UI myself.. and used the font, it's called: Cronos Pro
    Thanks, I had been using Doris PP because it looked similar, Do you have any screen shots of your GW ui?


    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 02:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    For the name if you go into the Name area and change its "Width" it makes it show more letters. For the red borders if you go into "Global" and scroll down abit you can see all the debuff colours, and you can change there border colour.
    Awesome thanks, it was late last night when I was working on this must have overlooked it.

    Is there a way to remove the shadow, in the pic I posted, the red line is now a black shadow after changing the colour, I just want a flat icon

    As I'm fairly rubbish at UI's I could use some help with some key parts, for example;

    Is it possible for me to make buff and debuff icons the same shape as they are in the GW2 Interface.
    How do I make a weak aura showing my health as text that changes as I gain/lose health?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 02:54 PM.

  13. #8773
    managed pixelperfection with multisampling - based on FreeUI

    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-21 at 07:55 PM.

  14. #8774
    Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    managed pixelperfection with multisampling - based on FreeUI

    Might want to use Opie (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/opie) to get rid of those stray buttons
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-21 at 07:55 PM.

  15. #8775
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Thanks, I had been using Doris PP because it looked similar, Do you have any screen shots of your GW ui?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoWS...212_111202.jpg ... I don't have a current screenshot since I made no new after changing it. And now I can't do another one since I made a new UI.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  16. #8776
    Party/Target Frame


    Still trying to get other stuff to work..will post more as I get stuff done

    Anyone got a decent easy to configure buff/debuff addon?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 08:28 PM.

  17. #8777
    Field Marshal be3f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    Is it a feature in FreeUI to display leader / loot type / role (below chatframe), or is it something else?
    - Nobody.. I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog

  18. #8778
    Using raven to do my buffs/debuffs etc. Anyone care to explain how I can blacklist the "major" buffs - MoTW/Stam/Might etc.
    So many options and dropdowns in the options panel of raven I'm completely out of my depth

  19. #8779
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Using raven to do my buffs/debuffs etc. Anyone care to explain how I can blacklist the "major" buffs - MoTW/Stam/Might etc.
    So many options and dropdowns in the options panel of raven I'm completely out of my depth
    Filter out any buff above 3min. in the timer section.

  20. #8780
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Filter out any buff above 3min. in the timer section.
    Thanks.

    Any ideas how to make the target buffs/debuffs have separate frames?

    Action Bars / Health Orb / Short Term Buffs


    Full UI - Still a WIP
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-22 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Thumbnails people!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •