Thread: Post Your UI

If you have access to the background and border textures, nibPointDisplay may work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    So, i've decided that i will upload my UI but before i do i need to fix the current class points that are out there (combos, burning embers etc) and i thought i could easily do this with weakauras.
    This is the result so far, what do you guys think? Should i place them somewhere else or use some 3d model instead?
    The way they are now they can't get pixelperfect when using a border in WA, i will have to make 3 different panels for each point in kgpanels to get them pixelperfect and merged together with the actionbars border.
    So this is just a bad "preview", want some feedback before making all them panels

I like that location for Combo points and what not, cant wait for you to upload so i can have a look at what it plays like ingame :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I like that location for Combo points and what not, cant wait for you to upload so i can have a look at what it plays like ingame :P
    I should be done in a couple of days
    The KGPanels idea so i could merge the class points border to the actionbar just flew out the window since i just noticed you cant anchor/parent anything with a weak aura frame
    Found a way to make them pixel perfect anyway tho, but the border merge isn't doable if i can't parent and anchor a kgpanel to the weakauras:/

Where's Coldkil or Care when you need em eh?
    They might have been able to supply a solution to the kgpanels thing.
    Keep it up however, its looking nice.
    Do you have other action bars on mouseover/hidden?

Yea a 12 button actionbar to the right of the screen thats set to show in combat (see screen) and then there's 2 x 12 buttons hidden at all times.

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-25 at 06:52 AM.

Yea a 12 button actionbar to the right of the screen thats set to show in combat (see screen) and then there's 2 x 12 buttons hidden at all times.

Allright, was just curious for the classes that take more than 8 buttons :P
    I Personally need a few spots for stuff like tranq/br/randomcrap, i know all my keybinds so i can hide them
    Also, did you parent the kgpanels to stuff so that it scales to other resolutions?
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-25 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedande View Post
    UI I built back in wrath, haven't felt the need to change it since.
    Your UI looks pretty cool, can you tell wich add on you're using for your party frames and map?
    Last edited by rpdrichard; 2013-02-25 at 01:16 PM.
    "Really? You want a reward for killing an orc? As in fame and riches and noble steeds? Back in my day killing orcs WAS the reward!" Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If people have to be forced kicking and screaming to do reward-less, danger-less content, where the only challenge is trying to stay awake, something is wrong with the content, not the players.

What's the coloured (yellow in this case) bar above the Action Bar?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Your UI looks pretty cool, can you tell wich add on you're using for your raid frames and map?
    Can be done using SexyMap and Grid; among other addons.

His energy bar.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Blog | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | Guild | zorker.de

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

I'm here reading posts and looking at images.

Tbh, i used KGPanels for a little while when i used to like textures behind unitframes and i found the same issues of alignement - i ended into hardcoding everything, this way i have direct control on frame sizes and borders.

Static frames are pretty easy, moving ones (like nameplates) require some tinkering. I would like to know what addons Rusk is using for unitframes.

EDIT: just FYI, texts are also a pain, especially if you have 1 or 2 px space in panels/frames. When you drag around the unitframes often the text starts to lose its offset; hence i added to the config the text offsets so everyone can fix texts by themselves, and they can be used as single-char variables in the profile file. Just to say that sometimes only manual adjustments work.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-02-25 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I would like to know what addons Rusk is using for unitframes.
    It's STUF with the HalM texture and kgpanels.

Also, did you parent the kgpanels to stuff so that it scales to other resolutions?
    Yep everything except the actionbar in the middle and the chat + skada windows, will get right on this.
    But as said earlier, i doubt the borders will be pixelperfect when scaled down, you will probably need to unlock each panel and move it to a position where its good then manually drag it in to place and set it to the size it had at the pixel perfect location.

EDIT: Im afraid that you will need to manually resize the chat and skada window, i can parent/anchor the chat window to "chatframe1" but then it wont be visible if you go in to the combat log since that's a different chat frame named "chatframe2" and i don't want twice as many panels for the chat window
    It's however rather easy to resize them and put them in place, i can give you a screenshot with align showing so you know the exact position
    I will PM you an upload to the UI at it's current state just so you can see that everything works with the scaling etc, there is however nothing in the UI atm that tracks balance druids secondary resource.
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-02-25 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis569 View Post
    UI I made for my Warlock. Since he is Demo/Destro I wanted a sort of Fire theme hence all the red and orange. Most of my spells are done as macros so I could get a "firey" icon for them :P
    Would you mind linking the UI aswell?

Thanks, I meant the party frames lol really like it
    "Really? You want a reward for killing an orc? As in fame and riches and noble steeds? Back in my day killing orcs WAS the reward!" Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    If people have to be forced kicking and screaming to do reward-less, danger-less content, where the only challenge is trying to stay awake, something is wrong with the content, not the players.

Yep everything except the actionbar in the middle and the chat + skada windows, will get right on this.
    But as said earlier, i doubt the borders will be pixelperfect when scaled down, you will probably need to unlock each panel and move it to a position where its good then manually drag it in to place and set it to the size it had at the pixel perfect location.

EDIT: Im afraid that you will need to manually resize the chat and skada window, i can parent/anchor the chat window to "chatframe1" but then it wont be visible if you go in to the combat log since that's a different chat frame named "chatframe2" and i don't want twice as many panels for the chat window
    It's however rather easy to resize them and put them in place, i can give you a screenshot with align showing so you know the exact position
    I will PM you an upload to the UI at it's current state just so you can see that everything works with the scaling etc, there is however nothing in the UI atm that tracks balance druids secondary resource.
    I've got your UI up and running, however, because I dont have a MASSIVE FECKING MONITOR its a bit skewed, some of the panels are misaligned etc.
    For balance druids (me being one) you could add in Balance Power Tracker and just reskin it
    Also, holy crap on a cracker thats alot of panels ;P
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-25 at 01:37 PM.

Heh, if it was an oUF layout (tbh also not that difficult to implement) i would have been more of help. So, your borders are textures put over the frames with a panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Heh, if it was an oUF layout (tbh also not that difficult to implement) i would have been more of help. So, your borders are textures put over the frames with a panel?
    Yep, for the unitframes there's 1 panel with the unitframes background and a 1px black border, then theres a second grey panel that's 2px higher and 2px wider then the first one and lastly a 1px black border panel.
    The first one has a medium strata, the second low and the third high.
    Doing it this way looks much better then just using 1 panel, thanks to Ishtara that gave me the advice<3

I've got your UI up and running, however, because I dont have a MASSIVE FECKING MONITOR its a bit skewed, some of the panels are misaligned etc.
    For balance druids (me being one) you could add in Balance Power Tracker and just reskin it
    Also, holy crap on a cracker thats alot of panels ;P
    Yes it indeed is a shitload of panels haha!
    Luckely KGpanels are incredibly lightweight and yea, im working on all the different power types.

I would post my UI but
    been using the blizzard default ui since vanilla and I guess u all know what that looks like.
    It is the ui for winners

Hey Rusk, Having as play around with scaling options, it appears if I take the "UI Scale" slider up 2 notches stuff snaps back to pixel perfect, just totally out of place, currently moving everything back to where I feel it "should be" based on http://i.imgur.com/tL6lQEH.jpg <-- this pic. It probably wont be as epic as yours is with all that screen "real-estate" but heck its still pretty damn good

Almost finished with moving stuff back
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-25 at 03:00 PM.