Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #8821
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    If you're not ever hiding the kgPanel anchored to nibPD, can't you keep it un-anchored and keep it always visible?
    The panels should only be visible when the combobar, shard bar etc are active, if you don't anchor them to nibPD there will be 2 x grey panels sticking out at the bottom right and left on the actionbar

  2. #8822
    Isn't that what's already happening?

    start hitting a dummy they appear as they should, after 5 cb's and a finisher the combobar + the 2 panels dissapear and when i start building again they appear as they should.
    As soon as you start building CPs, the Point Display shows. When you've used all 5 and you've got no CPs, it disappears.

    Edit: We may want to take this conversation elsewhere

  3. #8823
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Edit: We may want to take this conversation elsewhere
    Sent a PM

  4. #8824
    Quote Originally Posted by Triji View Post
    I've lurked for some time on here and not log ago a ui caught my eye. Carebares. That said I've been slowly working on it this is what i have so far

    http://i.imgur.com/GU5arBUm.jpg

    Its no where near finished. The problem I'm having right now is i want to use Grid for raid frames, I'm not opposed to using Ouf raid frames for party but i only want the party not the entire raid.

    I've never really messed with ouf but it seems very similar to Roth stuff. And I'm sure when 5.2 hits ill need help with it in some way.
    What unit frames are those? I really like them >.<

  5. #8825
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Changed my font size but nothing much else has changed. I'm really unsure about where to position items on my party frames so I'm going to have a look through my old UIs for some inspiration.

    Any suggestions or critique is appreciated!



    PS. Ignore the Oqueue on the minimap, there's no option to disable the minimap icon.
    I really, REALLY, like your tooltip and combat text. What are they and how do you get em?

  6. #8826
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Changed my font size but nothing much else has changed. I'm really unsure about where to position items on my party frames so I'm going to have a look through my old UIs for some inspiration.

    Any suggestions or critique is appreciated!

    Challenge accepted! <3
    http://screencast.com/t/lJmo3jB3ea


    Ps. Obligatory "y u no pixel font anymo?"

  7. #8827
    Nice, found a copy of my UI in my Dropbox... so I don't need to start from scratch. :'D

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...513_184935.jpg

    But still, maybe doing a new one after patch.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2013-02-26 at 12:19 AM.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  8. #8828
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Challenge accepted! <3
    http://screencast.com/t/lJmo3jB3ea


    Ps. Obligatory "y u no pixel font anymo?"
    Remind me not to ask Pixil for C&C in the future

  9. #8829
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Remind me not to ask Pixil for C&C in the future
    Why? Everything pointed out in the screen shot is a valid point...it was nice of pix to take the time to help someone asking for critique. Imo, of course...

  10. #8830
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Why? Everything pointed out in the screen shot is a valid point...it was nice of pix to take the time to help someone asking for critique. Imo, of course...
    Stupid sarcasm not translating to text...

  11. #8831
    Hehe I used to give people feedback like this earlier in the thread and it seemed like people liked it. Haven't done it in a while though (in fact I don't post much anymore) but who better to rip to pieces than the lovely Mr. Carebear <3

  12. #8832
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    I really, REALLY, like your tooltip and combat text. What are they and how do you get em?
    The combat text is xCT, not xCT+ though, just xCT. The tooltip is Freebtip however I have edited the Freebtip code over the last couple of years.

    xCT can be found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...18053-xCT.html

    Freebtip can be found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-FreebTip.html

    The font I use in my UI is expressway free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Challenge accepted! <3
    http://screencast.com/t/lJmo3jB3ea


    Ps. Obligatory "y u no pixel font anymo?"
    I'm actually liking the non-pixel font! It's something I haven't used for ages and I am enjoying it.

    Now for the critique, many good points I must say! Obviously the positions of elements is easily fixed so that's just a minor thing that takes a few moments to resolve.

    Party frames however! I have no idea what I want to do. I did overlap the buffs on purpose so that the whole frames didn't take up so much room but I don't like them and I don't know what to do with them.

    I like having the three different combat texts, I like to see what damage I'm taking and if I combine damage/healing received it'll spam to no end so I can't get a glimpse at what is hitting me. It's handy on my warrior when I tank because melee = red damage and magic = purple damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Nice, found a copy of my UI in my Dropbox... so I don't need to start from scratch. :'D

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...513_184935.jpg

    But still, maybe doing a new one after patch.
    woot! Still on of my favourite UIs right now. That mages name too, omg what a pain in the ass that must be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Hehe I used to give people feedback like this earlier in the thread and it seemed like people liked it. Haven't done it in a while though (in fact I don't post much anymore) but who better to rip to pieces than the lovely Mr. Carebear <3
    You should do it more, if people ask for it, let them have it! I love critique because it makes me think about where my UI is going.
    Last edited by carebear; 2013-02-26 at 08:07 AM.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  13. #8833
    Here's the latest edit of my UI

    - Worked quite a bit on friendly and enemy nameplates since last version (based on DocsNameplates) and I find those friendly nameplates incredibly handy as a healer!
    - Switched to WeakAuras also for my castbar and added a GCD bar (based on Touchy's tank UI strings) which is surprisingly nice to perfect the timing of instant cast spells
    - Added a few auras overlapping raid frames to let me know when big off-healing cooldowns are up (Ancestral Guidance, Vampiric Embrace etc.)

    and I probably tweaked a few other auras/panels/things around... (had to switch to BigWigs for this fight so the DBM artwork is obviously gone ^^)

    Of course looking for feedback and critique as always (yes Pixil, even from you!!)

    I'd love to add a bit more info to the mana bar/mana text to have a view of mana regen vs mana consumption in the last few seconds (kind of a healer's version of the tank addon evn talked about building some time ago that would show damage taken vs healing received in the last seconds) but I still lack some LUA skill and time for it :/



    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Party frames however! I have no idea what I want to do. I did overlap the buffs on purpose so that the whole frames didn't take up so much room but I don't like them and I don't know what to do with them.
    Love the clear aggro border + portraits. Is there a mana display for healers?
    Think I would get rid of the buffs and save 1 or 2 slots on the right for debuffs instead...

  14. #8834
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Party frames however! I have no idea what I want to do. I did overlap the buffs on purpose so that the whole frames didn't take up so much room but I don't like them and I don't know what to do with them.
    To be honest i like a lot the overlapping buffs (i'm assuming they're filtered showing only your buffs) and i think i could use the idea for my UI. I'm still wiondering about movieng a little the things around and overlapping buffs/debuffs look pretty cool.

  15. #8835
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Here's the latest edit of my UI

    - Worked quite a bit on friendly and enemy nameplates since last version (based on DocsNameplates) and I find those friendly nameplates incredibly handy as a healer!
    - Switched to WeakAuras also for my castbar and added a GCD bar (based on Touchy's tank UI strings) which is surprisingly nice to perfect the timing of instant cast spells
    - Added a few auras overlapping raid frames to let me know when big off-healing cooldowns are up (Ancestral Guidance, Vampiric Embrace etc.)

    and I probably tweaked a few other auras/panels/things around... (had to switch to BigWigs for this fight so the DBM artwork is obviously gone ^^)

    Of course looking for feedback and critique as always (yes Pixil, even from you!!)

    I'd love to add a bit more info to the mana bar/mana text to have a view of mana regen vs mana consumption in the last few seconds (kind of a healer's version of the tank addon evn talked about building some time ago that would show damage taken vs healing received in the last seconds) but I still lack some LUA skill and time for it :/

    Love the clear aggro border + portraits. Is there a mana display for healers?
    Think I would get rid of the buffs and save 1 or 2 slots on the right for debuffs instead...
    LOVING it! There are some things that I would change like the power color of the healer mana display (it's just too dark) and the bigwigs bar texture to fit the rest of the UI but apart from that it's great. really love the layout!

  16. #8836
    Been working on this for a while adding on and removing but kinda liking how it looks as of right now! Feel free to give constructive criticism!

    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-27 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Thumbnails! (That counts as constructive, right?)

  17. #8837
    Sooooo close...1 day of work to go.



    Finished all the important code. Only need to connect the last sliders.

    But man...this what so much work. Getting to know all the ui config panel elements was a pain in the ass. But in the end it payed off.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-27 at 09:03 AM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  18. #8838
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Sooooo close...1 day of work to go.



    Finished all the important code. Only need to connect the last sliders.

    But man...this what so much work. Getting to know all the ui config panel elements was a pain in the ass. But in the end it payed off.
    Is there an option to hide the text when it is "0"? Looks very good btw
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-27 at 09:03 AM.

  19. #8839

  20. #8840
    Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25 View Post
    http://www.tukui.org/storage/images/...613_220302.jpg

    -ElvUI
    -BigWigs
    -MSBT
    -Skada
    -WeakAuras
    What texture are you using? It's nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •