Thread: Post Your UI

Headline works just fine(while I wait for InfintyPlates to be updated)

Did a UI overhaul after 5.1 messed up a lot of my addons. I was trying to get into Tuk and ElvUI, but I would want to alter/replace so many things it wasn't worth it.

Any comments/questions/suggestions are welcome!

http://i.imgur.com/fIaLI.jpg

edit: image was too big

Also, if anyone knows the raid and unit frames this UI is using http://manaflask.com/images/gallerie...141[1].jpg
    Last edited by Ampere; 2012-12-01 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Also, if anyone knows the raid and unit frames this UI is using http://manaflask.com/images/gallerie...ot112312215141[1].jpg
    Just looks like Shadowed Unit Frames to me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    snip
    I'm taking your UI, k. I've tried countless times to get elvui to look like I want and yours looks like kinda what I want, few tweaks here and there. But nice ui.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's kind of funny. After everyone and their mother switched to ElvUI, I decided I'd give it a spin on patch day since oUF wasn't updated yet. I really liked it for that first day, but something just didn't quite click. It didn't feel right so I went back to my old addons. So the screenshots that are posted in my signature are basically what my UI looks like right now, but when it was with Elv it looked *slightly* different, the general layout hadn't changed.

You can go ahead and use that but I probably won't be able to offer much support for it, since it's effectively "outdated" after one day. I'll probably re-update it with the original addons at some point but it's not really a priority right now. I guess this is why a lot of UI enthusiasts don't upload their UIs, at least I know with me I'm changing it up every other day.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

I like to contribute to this thread, too. Here is my UI, I tried to simulate a raiding environemnt, I will try and get some raiding screenshots tomorrow. Any feedback would be great.

http://i.imgur.com/yoFZn.jpg

The halo icon in the middle is my customised HaloPro graphic. Coloured shadow orb icon means 3 orbs, when it's black and white 2 and 0-1 are not shown. Shadowfiend is ready to use.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Luminee View Post
    I like to contribute to this thread, too. Here is my UI, I tried to simulate a raiding environemnt, I will try and get some raiding screenshots tomorrow. Any feedback would be great.
    [/url]

The halo icon in the middle is my customised HaloPro graphic. Coloured shadow orb icon means 3 orbs, when it's black and white 2 and 0-1 are not shown. Shadowfiend is ready to use.

What do you think?
    I kinda like the placement of your raidframes like that, between the unit frames. I know alot of DPS preffer to "hide" raid frames to the side, but personaly i like to know if there is anything going on in the raid, that i can help with :P

The round edges of the icons on your cooldown line kinda stands out for me, since everything is nice and square (and also the yellow background)

I kinda find that your shadow orb counter and ready icon for your shadow fiend is a bit... to centered. In that spot, i would preffer to have something i would need to have an eye on all the time, like my dots. But if it works for you, all the better.

I have a copied version of wow, that i often mess around with, when i see UIs i like, and i think i wanna play around with a layout like yours there. Even though the UIs from that account, almost never make it to my main account, and they never do anything but stand around at the training dummys :P

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/929...0212203602.jpg

My little atempt to recreate the UI (i was lazy, i didnt do buffs or nameplates :P)

If i were to use it, there would be several things i would fix, like gaps, allignemt and tones, but it was just for fun
    Last edited by LazyMia; 2012-12-02 at 08:45 PM.

^LazyMia - Your cast bar is about 1px too wide on the left side.

^^Luminee - I would agree with LazyMia, your CD bar doesn't fit, you could alternatively use SexyCD to get it to match the rest of your UI.

Updating ElvUI, any way to save my config so i dont have to rip my hair out having to re-do my ui for the 3rd time in just over a week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-03 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Updating ElvUI, any way to save my config so i dont have to rip my hair out having to re-do my ui for the 3rd time in just over a week?
    No. ElvUI had a complete profile reset for 5.1 to fix some issues it had. It was posted to warn people of it many weeks ago on the TukUI/ElvUI forums. Just gotta deal with it I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Did a UI overhaul after 5.1 messed up a lot of my addons. I was trying to get into Tuk and ElvUI, but I would want to alter/replace so many things it wasn't worth it.

Any comments/questions/suggestions are welcome!

i.imgur.com/fIaLI.jpg

edit: image was too big
    What addon allows you to show the closeup portrait in your unit frames? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    No. ElvUI had a complete profile reset for 5.1 to fix some issues it had. It was posted to warn people of it many weeks ago on the TukUI/ElvUI forums. Just gotta deal with it I'm afraid.
    WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Seriously im gonna have to rebuild again?

Edit: I updated on wednesday (patch day) will it reset again?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2012-12-03 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by vipples View Post
    What addon allows you to show the closeup portrait in your unit frames? Thanks!
    Most, if not all unit frame addons can do this. Most common ones are Stuf Unit Frames and Shadowed Unit Frames.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Seriously im gonna have to rebuild again?

Edit: I updated on wednesday (patch day) will it reset again?
    No it shouldn't reset again as it was a one time deal when making the switch from v4 to v5 ElvUI.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-03 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Most, if not all unit frame addons can do this. Most common ones are Stuf Unit Frames and Shadowed Unit Frames.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 06:05 PM ----------

No it shouldn't reset again as it was a one time deal when making the switch from v4 to v5 ElvUI.
    Schwweeeeeeeeet!, thanks can update worryfree

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is my first post, and apparently I can't post any images or links yet, so if you'd like to check out my UI, just copy the following into your browser's address bar:

If you'd like to know about anything I'm using, feel free to ask and I'll gladly provide whatever help I can
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-03 at 06:20 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changed my cooldown addon and still need to tweak aura positioning to be pixel perfect with the unit-frames. Need to remove the 'glancing, blocked, absorbed' junk from MSBT again since the patch. Change some more chat globalstrings and remove the icon from nameplate casting!

idle.

casting.

combat.

Deleted
    Well Care, IF I started playing again (won't happen) I'd just use your UI really. At least you have a sense of what is needed, and what is not. And all that with good positioning. Only thing I'd change is the background colors. Give your UF's the same grey-ish background like your nameplates and castbars. It sticks out more and gives the UI a more unified feeling. Apart from that it's epic shit.

Always so clean, awesome UI!