Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Adjusted my Unitframes some based on feedback.

All font the same font.
    Moved target level, classification(Rare, Elite, Boss tagges) and Tapped tag to the upper top right.
    Got rid of current power line.
    Adjusted the power bar.
    Moved power percent to the right next to the power bar.

I like that font, its a little easier to read, can we get a full raid shot if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Ah, sure, an argument. I knew I forgot something. I was half trolling, half serious. So, sorry, if it sounds kinda harsh or so. Bad day, etc.
    About the argument: A 1px border with a non-pixel font isn't generally non fitting. There are enough examples, where it does. I - for example - am happy that carebear finally ditched pixel fonts. It was just bad with them (true, it was all crispy and such) but that was all. And yes, MY opinion, too. You can now say I am wrong etc, too. It's just ... a big screen and some mini unit frames with a font you can't really read when you are sitting ~50cm away from the screen isn't functional. It's just it.

That's why I was gone from all kinds of interface forums for some years: always worshipping same style over and over again. I rarely saw something new, something good. Always the same: minimal - not always functional - unit frames with a shitload of pixel fonts. I miss the "old" days with tapestry, led's GOOD uis, rdji, ooom's, etc pp.

Edit: I may add another one or two paragraphs. Mostly memorys or trying to explain things I write. But dunno. Maybe not.

(And I know most of you don't like me, or what I say, but tbh, I don't care.)
    I was just taken aback by how quick you were to shut me down after expressing my opinion. :P
    Also, hating someone over the internet is a huge sign of idiocy! Shouldn't hate someone that you don't know and all that...

Pixel fonts don't always have to be hard to read though. The font that I use is fairly "rounded" and simple.

I find that as easy to read as a non-pixel font, but I find it looks 100x better on a pixel perfect UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    I used to agree with you; but I also see why they do get used. When you spend ages creating that pixel-perfect UI where everything is lined up properly and you've spent far too long ensuring they are, nothing screws it up like a round font which looks out of place. Pixel fonts work very well (imo, anyway) in these setups.
    THIS! This is what I think but could not think of a decent way to say it!

Speaking of non pixel UIs...

OOC:

Combat:

New ui i have been working on, got the idea from the official forums
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-20 at 04:45 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Far from perfect.
    But good enough that i slack around with finishing it.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-20 at 04:46 PM.
    Ehrmantraut | Vamonos | Shiq | Bolg
    EU - Blackmoore

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    Speaking of non pixel UIs...

OOC:

Combat:

New ui i have been working on, got the idea from the official forums
    Please get rid of the huge bottombar of nothingness ):

What are the bars in the top right?

Bars on the top right are Bigwigs test bars

That huge bottom bar of nothingness is much more filled in during a raid :P and viewports let me see way more of the screen while tanking.

I will also post a better screenshot with more of my addons showing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 03:11 PM ----------

SS with more Weakauras and other addons showing http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/110...2012150320.jpg

I moved a few things around and made some stuff bigger ( Omen and Skada)

Why i use viewports, as i've said before they let me see much more while tanking ( which is very VERY handy) and gives me a place to put my bars/minimap/chat without them getting in the way.
    Last edited by Dastuross; 2012-12-20 at 07:13 PM.

Out of combat:

All frames, bars, and timers:

Deleted
    Your player/target debuffs, and/or buffs, are a few pixels off the rest.
    Im not sure, why you would want your timers and debuff/buffs on top, when the target stuff is down bottom. You could easily switch it around, and make pet frame above player frame, i think. But anyone to them self. Other than that, i really like your UI, looks very clean.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Your player/target debuffs, and/or buffs, are a few pixels off the rest.
    Im not sure, why you would want your timers and debuff/buffs on top, when the target stuff is down bottom. You could easily switch it around, and make pet frame above player frame, i think. But anyone to them self. Other than that, i really like your UI, looks very clean.
    Unfortunately with the way SUF's aura borders work, they're either going to be 1px too high or 1 px too low. The only other option is no border at all, which doesn't look as nice imo. It doesn't bother me too much with the way they are now, but I plan on switching my unit frames at some point to either pitbull or Stuf to fix that.

As far as positioning, buffs are on the bottom for both player and target (the player's don't show in the screenshot due to a filter), and debuffs on top for player. Having them there just makes them stand out more and reduces the chance of missing something. Just my personal preference.

Lyn, Tap switched to pixel fonts long before leaving the game, just sayin :P

Meanwhile, I haven't done a thing to my Ui other than update addons since the xpac dropped and I haven't even opened wow in the last month or so.

However, this font debate has sparked a desire to make a Ui without pixel fonts and Lyn will love it. Challenge accepted.

Pixel fonts are still ftw though <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Tap used a mix of pixel and regular fonts for quite a while. And he had a way of making it not horribly bad. I miss his UIs ;-;

BUT, Care what font are you using? :3
    I've been mulling over switching from a pixel font because my eyesight isn't very good (stupid prescription changed so I can't wear my glasses currently) and with my current set up I'm too far from my screen to make do.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Deleted
    Expressway RG

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I was just taken aback by how quick you were to shut me down after expressing my opinion. :P
    Also, hating someone over the internet is a huge sign of idiocy! Shouldn't hate someone that you don't know and all that...

Pixel fonts don't always have to be hard to read though. The font that I use is fairly "rounded" and simple.

I find that as easy to read as a non-pixel font, but I find it looks 100x better on a pixel perfect UI.
    Generally "hate" is a dumb thing, 'cause most of the reasons why people hate each other are so idiotic.

Maybe it is just me, but when I play on a big screen (okay, my screen isn't big, so) and I have only a small UF with a pixel font on it, my chat would have a pixel font and all ... In all that flashy stuff WoW brings (first boss hof, for example) ... there is so much going on that I would just not see what is i mportant cause my UFs or fonts are too small. And I am just sitting ~40-50 cm away from my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Lyn, Tap switched to pixel fonts long before leaving the game, just sayin :P
    And even Led's old UI had pixel fonts. I didn't say that pixel fonts automatically downrate an UI. It's just that most UIs look the same. There is nothing "special" about them. They make minimal UFs, pixel font - nothing more. Nothing special.

And try it.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-12-20 at 10:12 PM.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Having used several different pixel fonts in the past, I can clearly say that normal fonts are much better for information you need to display during combat. Pixel fonts for elements that aren't used in combat is fine but for timers and health/power it is just way inferior to normal fonts. Milliseconds are especially hard to see with pixel fonts because they change so fast.

Another take on Elvui, using a very famous layout.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-21 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Action buttons show you if it's usable, if it's on cooldown (and for how long), if you are in range, if you have enough resources, they can light up if something resets the cooldown, they have fixed positions so you know where to look.

Imho CoolLine, cooldown bars or pretty much anything that doesn't do the stuff listed above are vastly inferior and can only serve as eye candy if you need an UI for dailies/dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrak View Post
    Another take on Elvui, using a very famous layout.

Original Size
    http://i.imgur.com/fR9GO.jpg
    Can you set a limit on the amount of characters for the names on the raid frames? If so, you might want to set it to 6-7 max, or slightly shorter and you can set your 25m raid frames as wide as your action bars. Only problem with shorter names is when you have 2 characters of the same class in the same raid with very, very similar names. I had 2 druids in my group one time named "Transformater" and "Transformator".. It was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Can you set a limit on the amount of characters for the names on the raid frames? If so, you might want to set it to 6-7 max, or slightly shorter and you can set your 25m raid frames as wide as your action bars. Only problem with shorter names is when you have 2 characters of the same class in the same raid with very, very similar names. I had 2 druids in my group one time named "Transformater" and "Transformator".. It was terrible.
    You can but you need to edit the [name:short] tag in lua (it's default 10 chars). I've done this and limited it down to 5.

Deleted
    I've just been working on re-making my artwork for "MayronUI Gen2" by editing the size and trying to increase its quality. I wanted to ask for any feedback if it looks ok or not. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like on Multiple characters and two examples of what it looks like with the action bars extended (There is an option in the UI to easily increase it by a click of a button):

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    I've just been working on re-making my artwork for "MayronUI Gen2" by editing the size and trying to increase its quality. I wanted to ask for any feedback if it looks ok or not. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like on Multiple characters and two examples of what it looks like with the action bars extended (There is an option in the UI to easily increase it by a click of a button):

Thank you!
    Looks really cool. However, you shouldn't use imageshack to show off the quality of your work XD
    Also, I'm not sure if this is due to imageshack or not, but I noticed a very minor slip-up.
    Explained here: http://screencast.com/t/NJWCJ7kMG