Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Playing with the idea of having a cooldown bar with specific cooldowns for each spec as well as three 'main' cooldowns for each spec instead of having coolLine.

They're not aligned or spaced out properly it's just the initial position I thought about placing it. C&C welcome!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/f2z6oShm.jpg[/ img]

Higher Quality
    Is the "RDY" tag necessary? You have it already indicating by being BW and having a CD display when it isn't available.

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Is the "RDY" tag necessary? You have it already indicating by being BW and having a CD display when it isn't available.
    Probably not! That's just the default coding of rFilter that I haven't got round to changing. I do think it clutters it up a bit when there's so many that close together so I will be messing around with it.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

I'm too much used with actionbars and omnicc that these icons look to me redundant. Anyway a great work, just doesn't fit my personal tastes.

And F*** arena frames, how the hell do you play PvPers? Too much things in a single place, but i'm having a lot of fun in working over them.

Still dont like the Chat Window :-(

Re-made Mine (Open for suggestions)

Normally all buttons would be filled So sorry :P
    Lord Matsu Overjoy 50 Sith Marauder! Master Erzà Scarlet 50 Jedi Sage! Commander Blogg 50 Vanguard!
    Koukin 85 Hunter! Shiohin 85 Hunter! Yoruich 85 Druid! Yoruìch 85 Death knight! Yoruich 85 Warrior! Tate 85 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    By having unit frames and cooldowns at more comofrtable places, it can also make you lazy. You will maybe start to ignore some boss mechanics and just rely on your unit frame telling you if you are in danger or not. If you had it in the corner, you can't ignore the boss mechanics because you need to know when to check your health to see if you are in danger.

Cooldowns follow the same principle. By having them at the bottom, you need to know when to check for your cooldowns instead of relying on an addon telling you in your face that your spell is ready. This will often result in better cooldown usage because it forces you to know at what parts of the encounter you need your cooldowns and you checking them to see if they are about to be ready or not. It also forces you to get a better feeling of when a spell is about to come off cooldown. Additionally, you don't need to show all 50 buttons. You can hide most buttons on Blizzard action bars so only your cooldowns are showing.

But Grid is an example of an addon where many don't see the weakness of it. Yes, the addon does what it is supposed to do but many people forget what you have to sacrifice for it.
    Getting lazy is a player problem though and not a design problem. People can also be lazy and forget to check on their health or cooldowns and suddenly notice they're dead or spell X and Y isn't off CD yet. A UI is made to work with the designer, simplify the information the game is giving you. Not to try and process this information and play for you.

Hell I basically hated the oldskool raid addons that literally told people where to stand with fancy textures and such, and welcomed Blizzards fix to disable them. I don't like a game playing itself, I do like the option of showing the information as I want so that I can process it in the most functional way.

About Grid, as said, I don't know what you can do with the default frames these days, but in my case Grid showed me everything I had to show. I don't feel I sacrificed anything for it.

C&C welcome!
    Looks good, though very healer unfriendly with that party frame position. And as others have said, it would look a lot cleaner if the RDY was gone, or atleast not in capital.

Oh and wouldn't class colored missing health on party frames benefit you more?

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/SFkbIyM.jpg

Still dont like the Chat Window :-(
    I think a good improvement to the chat window would be to add an outline to chat font and push the window out to match the spacing between chat window and edge of screen to that of your minimap, buffs and actionbars.

Other than that I would match your spacing between UI elements in general. Player-Pet, Target-Target-target, Action bar-Screen edge, Minimap-Screen edge and Chat window-Screen edge could all have equal spacing and Buffs-Minimap, Target-Target buffs could have the same spacing.

When one person makes these two statements:
    The standard Blizzard UI is quite horrible when it comes to positioning. It forces you to look at the top left corner to track health of your target, its buff and debuffs while you have to look at the bottom middle to track your own cooldowns and on top of that, the top right corner to track your own buffs and debuffs.

This can be made much easier. I recommend putting most of the things you want to track in the middle lower screen, a bit under your character. This allows you to track everything you want and still keep track of what is happening around you and by doing this you can dodge fire (the only thing you have to do in PvE).

By doing this you can actually focus more on doing your job properly instead of having to look everywhere on your screen.
    y. You will maybe start to ignore some boss mechanics and just rely on your unit frame telling you if you are in danger or not. If you had it in the corner, you can't ignore the boss mechanics because you need to know when to check your health to see if you are in danger.

Cooldowns follow the same principle. By having them at the bottom, you need to know when to check for your cooldowns instead of relying on an addon telling you in your face that your spell is ready. This will often result in better cooldown usage because it forces you to know at what parts of the encounter you need your cooldowns and you checking them to see if they are about to be ready or not. It also forces you to get a better feeling of when a spell is about to come off cooldown
    When I see someone make statements like this, I suspect they're either not arguing in good faith or they're confused about what their position is.

Do my debuffs go in a corner because I'll somehow be less likely to pay attention to my surroundings otherwise, or do they go under my character so that I can notice and react more quickly without "looking all over my screen"? Do I learn when it's safe to check cooldowns (presumably playing worse on new encounters than I otherwise would while I learn when those safe times are), or do I position them somewhere obvious and easy to check so that it's always safe to check (or better still, only have them alert me when they're ready?) at the risk of "being lazy" and using them less effectively?

Presumably only one of these two contradictory statements is false--or at least "more wrong" than the other--but it's unclear which advice I should listen to and which I should ignore.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    When I see someone make statements like this, I suspect they're either not arguing in good faith or they're confused about what their position is.
    Confusing efficiency with laziness, and arguing against yourself? Welcome to the internet.

After I saw Tordenflesk's UI the other day, I was inspired! So that night when I went to bed, I started planning how I could re-create it for myself and get it as close as I could. Obviously I can't get his data/broker texts (?) So I had to just use SLDT, felt that was as close as I could get :P

So here I am looking for some C&C on this project, personally I think it's gone pretty well, but feel I could use some feedback, just to make it just a little bit better
    Anyway, enough talk!

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    After I saw Tordenflesk's UI the other day, I was inspired! So that night when I went to bed, I started planning how I could re-create it for myself and get it as close as I could. Obviously I can't get his data/broker texts (?) So I had to just use SLDT, felt that was as close as I could get :P

So here I am looking for some C&C on this project, personally I think it's gone pretty well, but feel I could use some feedback, just to make it just a little bit better
    Anyway, enough talk!

Looks beautiful, would love to get my hands on that interface

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/f2z6oSh.jpg/url]
    Looks like a dps layout to me. Healers should use the same frames for 5man as for raids. Why make a difference? Additionally healers need to keep the health bars in a way that they are still able to watch stuff under their feet without to much eye-juggling. Not sure about player and target frame too. You only need them when soloing. And no-one does solo in a heal-spec. Actually as a healer I would use the same layout for solo, party and raid.

Check out the Blood Legion kill videos. That monk healer has an awesome healing ui. If I were a healer I would copy that 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax
    Personally I don't like breaking the 6button rule. Any bar should have atleast 6 buttons imo. Makes it way easier to fit in 12/24/36 buttons aswell. Plus that FPS and mail info should be moved to the minimap. Having it in the center is pointless.
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-04-08 at 09:17 AM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Check out the Blood Legion kill videos. That monk healer has an awesome healing ui. If I were a healer I would copy that 1 on 1.
    Been using Affinity's UI for a few weeks now with a few minor modifications. It really is awesome and on top of that super easy to install:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ffinityUI.html

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Looks like a dps layout to me. Healers should use the same frames for 5man as for raids. Why make a difference? Additionally healers need to keep the health bars in a way that they are still able to watch stuff under their feet without to much eye-juggling. Not sure about player and target frame too. You only need them when soloing. And no-one does solo in a heal-spec. Actually as a healer I would use the same layout for solo, party and raid.
    Don't know if i'm getting your words right, but as for healer layout i just reused the party/raid frames (with different layout ofc). i don't see an issue in using different frames for party/raid, given the point the things are placed correctly (so the place where the party shows is the same as the raid).

Don't know how to explain without an image, but i cannot access to the UI right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post

Anyway, enough talk!

Could you please tell me the minimap addon your using?
    Lord Matsu Overjoy 50 Sith Marauder! Master Erzà Scarlet 50 Jedi Sage! Commander Blogg 50 Vanguard!
    Koukin 85 Hunter! Shiohin 85 Hunter! Yoruich 85 Druid! Yoruìch 85 Death knight! Yoruich 85 Warrior! Tate 85 Paladin

Personally I don't like breaking the 6button rule. Any bar should have atleast 6 buttons imo. Makes it way easier to fit in 12/24/36 buttons aswell. Plus that FPS and mail info should be moved to the minimap. Having it in the center is pointless.
    Thanks for the feedback Zork. I can see your point with the 6 button rule, but the action bars that are displayed don't really have any other function that displaying my most key abilities
    And yeah, I can see the point with the SLDT text in the center, I just didn't really have anything else usefull to put there.. think I might just get rid of that panel all together really.

Appreciate the feedback <3

Could you please tell me the minimap addon your using?
    That would be Qusemap

Because images (again).

Added a damage meter and made some small tweaks here and there. I like a lot the boss frames and party frames (party frames are just mirrored boss frames + portraits).

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Because images (again).
    <snip>

Added a damage meter and made some small tweaks here and there. I like a lot the boss frames and party frames (party frames are just mirrored boss frames + portraits).
    Very Nice, however first thing(s) I notice, "DPS" meter is a little "taller" than your minimap and the Giant Text in the middle looks horrible :'(
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-04-08 at 04:16 PM.

eh, the damage meter is a little tricky, i need to find the right size and number to make it perfectly equal - but it ends every time woth too thick bars or too much spacing. Will work more on it anyway since it's just a matter of numbers.

The big font is the DBM warning - really, i don't know why i didn't fix it already XD

EDIT: now i know why i didn't fix it - it simply isn't DBM, it's the blizzard raid emote thing. Need to look which string i need to edit.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-08 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Because images (again).
    <snip>

I love it! In my UI I don't use pixel for everything like chat etc because I think it overwhelms. But each to his own

Really Nice work. Love the UFs.