Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #9261
    Using Skullflower's UI now. Or just having it as a test setup to eventually switch to it. But before I actually edit it, I had to get my weakauras setup on it. Using Endus' auras, just moved around as I couldn't get a nice looking set of auras for my shaman . Going to use them as a base for my other classes as well. How's the positioning of them looking though, tried getting em aligned between the player and target frames perfectly.


  2. #9262
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Atm that frame is the chat message frame - so i'm reusing something that would have been there in any case. And yes, you're right that mouseover will bring up popups of detailed info (like gold earned/spent, durabity, more info on memory usage).

    Also,there's an option to disable it completely. The fun thing is that being it where the chat message bar is, doing the tooltips is a little tricky because of the various hide/show status you need to code, and sometimes they are incompatible between each other.

    Anyway i can give it a try - if i get it right, you'd like to have the entire bar on mouseover; or you wanted to move the info in a tooltip? Just to get a more clear view of what i need to code.

    EDIT: just fyi, the tooltips (also the low right corner one) are disabled during combat to avoid accidental mouseovering that will bring up things mid-fight and maybe obscure screen areas. That's why everything is there; anyway that bas could be less crowded (the clock could be moved on minimap).
    well, to be honest I'd just hide everything but the clock and move the clock to the minimap ;-)


    also, my still-very-much-in-progress UI!
    http://s16.postimg.org/5hg5n584z/Wo_...913_160000.jpg

  3. #9263
    Quote Originally Posted by vije View Post
    well, to be honest I'd just hide everything but the clock and move the clock to the minimap ;-)

    also, my still-very-much-in-progress UI!
    http://s16.postimg.org/5hg5n584z/Wo_...913_160000.jpg
    That's possible and pretty easy to do^^ the option to hide everything is already there, so a couple of line edits and i'm done.

    I LOVE VISITOR FONT - probably your combo number is a little offsize (the horizontal line of the 4 is 4px while the rest is all3 px). Also put it on the tooltip, much more better-looking imho.

    Also: would like to know what you use for chat to truncate the loot messages; it's a lot of time that i wanted to make that filter by myself.

  4. #9264
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That's possible and pretty easy to do^^ the option to hide everything is already there, so a couple of line edits and i'm done.

    I LOVE VISITOR FONT - probably your combo number is a little offsize (the horizontal line of the 4 is 4px while the rest is all3 px). Also put it on the tooltip, much more better-looking imho.

    Also: would like to know what you use for chat to truncate the loot messages; it's a lot of time that i wanted to make that filter by myself.
    In the end whatever works for you is best though, I'm just a less is more-kind of person ;p

    And yeah, I need to do quite a bit of work with pixelfont positions and sizing overall in the UI. I pretty much took FreeUI, stripped everything I didn't need, rebuilt my old unitframes and changed the pixelfont to visitor.

    The loot message truncates are also from FreeUI; they're located in scripts/globals.lua

  5. #9265
    Stood in the Fire Xenlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Using Skullflower's UI now. Or just having it as a test setup to eventually switch to it. But before I actually edit it, I had to get my weakauras setup on it. Using Endus' auras, just moved around as I couldn't get a nice looking set of auras for my shaman . Going to use them as a base for my other classes as well. How's the positioning of them looking though, tried getting em aligned between the player and target frames perfectly.

    Skin the bar textures to match the unitframes

  6. #9266
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Skin the bar textures to match the unitframes
    I thought I had the same texture as the unitframes. Will go back and check on that. I just noticed that imgur is shitty quality when I just zoomed in to see =/.

  7. #9267
    Made myself my own raid manager and got rid of the Blizzard raidframe manager for now.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  8. #9268
    Have you just moved the Blizz button to your own frame or have you written everything new? Just to know, since it was my next step (Blizz raid manager sucks, but the possibility to put down indicators and assign role is cool to have in a separate tool for raidleaders).

    EDIT: a more detailed explanation for buttons would be awesome - from the image i get the indicators buttons, the readycheck button, and the Tank assign button. Would like to know the other ones :P
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-10 at 06:37 AM.

  9. #9269
    Looks like World Markers with a Clear Marker for each one along with a Clear All.

  10. #9270
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Made myself my own raid manager and got rid of the Blizzard raidframe manager for now.
    What about moon!? How will I know what to turn into a sheep!? (or a rabbit in my case )
    Also skull, the most important of all!

  11. #9271
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    What about moon!? How will I know what to turn into a sheep!? (or a rabbit in my case )
    Also skull, the most important of all!
    These are not the target markers, but the ones you put on the ground with the light effect. Afaik moon and skull aren't available for them.

  12. #9272
    Unit raid markers can and should be hotkeyed. No need for buttons.

    Nibelheim is correct on the buttons. The buttons are for world markers, role and readycheck. Maybe there are some other nifty party/raid functions. I'm currently thinking about setting MT or MA via button. But in the end just typing /mt playername isn't that hard...

    If you want to read some code that does it you can check: http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...nager/core.lua

    On that note..I wrote myself a string icon archive. (all those icons are in the chat!)



    You can use textures in any string using http://www.wowwiki.com/UI_escape_sequences#Textures.

    For more read this: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...083#post276083
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-04-10 at 09:04 AM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  13. #9273
    yeah, i've seen the archive one looking thourgh you google code - definitely going to use it as reference.

    As i've written on WoWI: MT, MA and ML roles via button would be cool imho - it doesn't take much to write the chat line, but it does take even less with a button.

    Also the marker buttons would be better looking if you manage to combine the two funcionalities (show and hide) into a single button, but i don't know if there's a way to check if a ground marker is placed or not (i'm assuming it exists for normal markers management, like "if displayed hide else do nothing").

    Last, the "clear all" button should be labeled "clear all" or differently from the others; right now i know what the buttons mean, but at a first glace i was someway lost into all the cancel ones.

  14. #9274
    but wath is the most simple and usefull UI ?

  15. #9275
    Changed bar textures to match the unit frames, added an updated list of debuffs in ToT (tank ones mainly since thats what I main) and boss buffs/debuffs (shell concussion, etc).

    Damage meter hides during combat. BigWigs appear under the minimap, then move to the left of the player frame.

    Shaman UI



    Monk UI


  16. #9276
    My super fancy UI!


    (Not allowed to post it as a photo, sadly)

    Always liked to keep it simple, and currently not using a single addon.. But at times use Recount just to keep tabs on the dps, or healing. Or use Tidyplates for easier dot management when playing Warlock/Boomkin.. Normally stick with a clean build though!
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-04-10 at 01:14 PM.

  17. #9277
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubKitty View Post
    Fancy screenshot;

    Playing around with ElvUI
    Would you mind sharing you're settings/upload it? It's one of the best edits of Elv UI I've seen so far.

  18. #9278
    @Coldkill
    Hmm thanks. I thought that binding both clicks into a button is impossible but some is actually capable of checking the world marker status via:
    Code:
    IsRaidMarkerActive(index)
    ClearRaidMarker(index)
    PlaceRaidMarker(index)
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  19. #9279
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Playing with the idea of having a cooldown bar with specific cooldowns for each spec as well as three 'main' cooldowns for each spec instead of having coolLine.

    They're not aligned or spaced out properly it's just the initial position I thought about placing it. C&C welcome!
    Wow - i'm in love with that UI. How can i get my hands on that?!

  20. #9280
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    @Coldkill
    Hmm thanks. I thought that binding both clicks into a button is impossible but some is actually capable of checking the world marker status via:
    Code:
    IsRaidMarkerActive(index)
    ClearRaidMarker(index)
    PlaceRaidMarker(index)
    Well, the idea i had was more like in practice to use 2 different buttons and only show the one i need (being it place mark or cancel mark). If i place them in the same position, they will look like a single one - but i will use my own textures and not the Blizz ones.

    These functions will make it manageble imho. Your addon would look truly awesome if it ends being a tidy minimal single row of buttons. Mine will be tied to a slash command i assume, because i don't like much the mouseover thing.

    Raid markers are needed before the fight begins - add a combat check so accidental mouseovering won't bring it out (it covers a very little space, but whatever).

    EDIT: wtf, we just need a single script on click (pseudo-code)
    Code:
    if IsRaidMarkerActive(index) then
      --show mark icon, hide delete icon code here
      ClearRaidMarker(index)
    else
      --show delete icon, hide mark icon code here
      PlaceRaidMarker(index)
    end
    This way also the icon on button will update reflecting what clickis on button will trigger.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-10 at 01:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •