Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #9421
    Quote Originally Posted by Bledoc View Post
    EDIT: for some reason its come out a bit blurry....
    That would be imgur, it does compression on images over a certain size.

  2. #9422
    Always coming back to this layout of mine.. works best for me healingwise.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7s314z3n6...613_221329.jpg

  3. #9423
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Always coming back to this layout of mine.. works best for me healingwise.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7s314z3n6...613_221329.jpg
    I like this!

    I done my UI again now with the other 3d portraits of Elvui. Elvui is amazing!

    This is mine!...>((( http://i.imgur.com/hbFHJRV.jpg?1 )))


  4. #9424
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    The Skada bars uses the same texture as the Unitframes, it just looks shitty for some reason. I'm not displaying target name for now, I've always felt it just looks bad, no matter where I put it.

    For the font, it's just what I used in my previous setup. If you got any suggestions feel free

    Thanks for the input!

    EDIT:

    Changed up a few things, mostly the font and the changed the damage meter look.
    Only need to change a few things now:
    • Setup tooltips, they are currently overlapping the grid
    • Setup focus frame
    • Make all of the dmg meter bars go all the way across

    Apart from that it is pretty much done.
    Really pleased with the look atm.

    Are you using a Masque Skin or just Clean Icons?
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

  5. #9425
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    The Skada bars uses the same texture as the Unitframes, it just looks shitty for some reason. I'm not displaying target name for now, I've always felt it just looks bad, no matter where I put it.

    For the font, it's just what I used in my previous setup. If you got any suggestions feel free

    Thanks for the input!

    EDIT:

    Changed up a few things, mostly the font and the changed the damage meter look.
    Only need to change a few things now:
    • Setup tooltips, they are currently overlapping the grid
    • Setup focus frame
    • Make all of the dmg meter bars go all the way across

    Apart from that it is pretty much done.
    Really pleased with the look atm.
    Can you provide us with a download for this masterpiece? If you're willing that is.

  6. #9426
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    The Skada bars uses the same texture as the Unitframes, it just looks shitty for some reason. I'm not displaying target name for now, I've always felt it just looks bad, no matter where I put it.

    For the font, it's just what I used in my previous setup. If you got any suggestions feel free

    Thanks for the input!

    EDIT:

    Changed up a few things, mostly the font and the changed the damage meter look.
    Only need to change a few things now:
    • Setup tooltips, they are currently overlapping the grid
    • Setup focus frame
    • Make all of the dmg meter bars go all the way across

    Apart from that it is pretty much done.
    Really pleased with the look atm.

    What textures and fonts are you using for Skada and your Raid Frames?

  7. #9427
    Quote Originally Posted by Bledoc View Post
    My Rogue's UI


    EDIT: for some reason its come out a bit blurry....
    How do you show both damage and healing? That would be very convenient :O

    Edit: If that's Skada just ignore me =3 I've never used Skada so I'm not sure how similar it looks to Recount but I just noticed how it's showing numbers like 12.8m or whatever instead the entire number like recount does. I would love to have the functionality of showing both damage and healing at the same time but I've heard it doesn't register things such as absorbs very well so I'm hesitant on using it.
    Last edited by Ifeanychukwu; 2013-04-27 at 11:08 AM.

  8. #9428
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    How do you show both damage and healing? That would be very convenient :O

    Edit: If that's Skada just ignore me =3 I've never used Skada so I'm not sure how similar it looks to Recount but I just noticed how it's showing numbers like 12.8m or whatever instead the entire number like recount does. I would love to have the functionality of showing both damage and healing at the same time but I've heard it doesn't register things such as absorbs very well so I'm hesitant on using it.
    You can set skada to have multiple windows active, tracking whichever things you want in this case damage and healing, not sure on the absorbs but skada in my opinion is much more accurate that recount has been. You might want some clarification on the absorbs as I dont play a healer/healer with absorbs

  9. #9429
    My UI

    Made the UI first on separate addons but because of some conflicts and zillion config menus I decided to try to make it look same on Elv. Worked pretty great. Still ongoing project and I know there are some inconsistensies (unit frames not leveled with chat, xp bar off etc.)

    The artwork is from Tomine UI.


  10. #9430
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallie View Post
    My UI

    Made the UI first on separate addons but because of some conflicts and zillion config menus I decided to try to make it look same on Elv. Worked pretty great. Still ongoing project and I know there are some inconsistensies (unit frames not leveled with chat, xp bar off etc.)

    The artwork is from Tomine UI.

    What a beauty.. Mind uploading your Interface+WTF Folder? ^__^

  11. #9431
    Sorry my UI is for private use only It's quite easy to make with Elv and if you grab the Tomine graphics ^^ Thanks though!

  12. #9432
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    The Skada bars uses the same texture as the Unitframes, it just looks shitty for some reason. I'm not displaying target name for now, I've always felt it just looks bad, no matter where I put it.

    For the font, it's just what I used in my previous setup. If you got any suggestions feel free

    Thanks for the input!

    EDIT:

    Changed up a few things, mostly the font and the changed the damage meter look.
    Only need to change a few things now:
    • Setup tooltips, they are currently overlapping the grid
    • Setup focus frame
    • Make all of the dmg meter bars go all the way across

    Apart from that it is pretty much done.
    Really pleased with the look atm.
    I am in love with this UI, is there any chance you could please upload it?

  13. #9433
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallie View Post
    My UI

    Made the UI first on separate addons but because of some conflicts and zillion config menus I decided to try to make it look same on Elv. Worked pretty great. Still ongoing project and I know there are some inconsistensies (unit frames not leveled with chat, xp bar off etc.)

    The artwork is from Tomine UI.

    Thats some very nice work.
    Do you have any combat shots? preferably a raid shot if possible.

  14. #9434
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallie View Post
    My UI
    I really like how you've moved the minimap down to the corner with a half-window skada. Very tempted to give that a try!

  15. #9435
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    You can set skada to have multiple windows active, tracking whichever things you want in this case damage and healing, not sure on the absorbs but skada in my opinion is much more accurate that recount has been. You might want some clarification on the absorbs as I dont play a healer/healer with absorbs
    It is skada, however skada has always been very good at tracking absorbs (tracking them before recount did), but due to the way blizzard logs absorbs, its hard to tell whose spell absorbed the attack, so skada (and recount I believe) guesses based on. You can change what it shows numberwise, but because its a smal box I have it showing smaller quantities of numbers

  16. #9436
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,556
    The difference resolution makes!

    Can't get pixel perfect at 2560x1440 still which is annoying but ah well. Changed some things around, got rid of portraits, lightened up the healthbars and backdrops slightly. Added some panels!

    2560x1440, non-pixel perfect.



    Higher Quality

    Change the resolution to 1920x1200, pixel perfection!



    Higher Quality
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  17. #9437
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Can't get pixel perfect at 2560x1440 still which is annoying but ah well.
    UIParent:SetScale(768 / 1440) should get it pixel perfect.

  18. #9438
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    UIParent:SetScale(768 / 1440) should get it pixel perfect.
    I actually just found this, which works! I'll have to move things around and re-size but it gets me pixel perfect borders, thanks though!

    Code:
    local f = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, UIParent)
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event)
        UIParent:SetScale(0.5333333333333333)  -- change the size and reload your ui (/reloadui) or restart the game
        f:UnregisterAllEvents()
    end)
    This now gives me:



    higher quality

    apologies for the spam! I now need to re-size some elements and make the font size bigger
    Last edited by carebear; 2013-04-28 at 06:46 PM.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  19. #9439
    Well, I'll put this here for anyone else interested in solving Blizzard's UI Scale limitations

    Code:
    local scaleChanging
    local function UpdateUIScale()
    	if scaleChanging then return end
    	scaleChanging = true
    	local scale = 768 / string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)")
    	if scale < .64 then
    		UIParent:SetScale(scale)
    	else
    		SetCVar("uiScale", scale)
    	end
    	scaleChanging = false
    end
    
    local scaleChanger = CreateFrame("Frame")
    scaleChanger:RegisterEvent("VARIABLES_LOADED")
    scaleChanger:RegisterEvent("UI_SCALE_CHANGED")
    scaleChanger:SetScript("OnEvent", UpdateUIScale)

  20. #9440
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    -cut-
    really awesome, but the nonskinned castbar icon on the nameplates is disturbing :P

    P.S. what addon is the one displaying the quest objectives on the bottomright? it's much more compact than the oversized standard one (mainly because of all those useless "go complete the quest now" objectives) and graphically appealing :P
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-04-28 at 09:14 PM.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •