Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    What are you using for your Buff Frame?
    Its ok, i got it working agian had to edit a config file :P

I just don't think the WeakAuras are in a good spot for some reason though =/. I'm horrible at placing these things, any suggestions about em? BTW, string of debuffs in the middle of the screen are in a dynamic group, only 1 is shown at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Like it. It feel very... Ishtara:ish. Though the aura bars seems a bit out of place even though they aren't.

Tell me what you think.
    It's a quite busy shot. Could have been better. I'm thinking of getting rid of the raid frames. There is no need for them when tanking.
    Hmmm, I'll take another look at the placement in game for the bars.
    Regarding your Ui:
    1. The combat text seems to be pointless clutter in its current state.
    2. You could probably get away with not having your quest log hanging out in the middle of the screen
    3. I like the raid frames for tanking b/c it lets you see if healers are in range.
    4. For that particular font I wouldn't do the class color text on class colored bar. A lot of your other texts are white anyway, color the texts to serve a purpose or make them white to match the already white texts.
    5. I don't love the backwards buff flow for the buffs and debuffs, generally the lowest remaining duration would be at the end, not the beginning.
    6. The aura icon texts in the middle of the screen aren't monochrome.
    7. Your left texts on your player and target frame need to be bumped to the right to match the distance that your right texts have from the edge of the frame.
    8. The power color on the player frame seems darker than the power color on the target frame, i can hardly see your players power bar.
    9. Find a less random layout for your secondary elements (dbm, boss bar, tank bars, whatever bar that is above target bar that has gigantic icons above it)
    That all seems to be haphazardly placed with no alignment in place of any of it.

Hope some of that helps
    <3
    Ish

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Installed your UI to see how you did the borders and stuff. Now its broke my UI need to do it all over agian xD all my buff timers are gone and stuff lol, Np tho Was tempted to Redo it anyway ;>

EDIT - Ok.. spent allday trying to get my buff timers back, Cant find anywere in the default WoW options to turn them on. i add this line into my config "SET buffDurations = "1"" but the game just cancels it out as i cant edit it in admin (wont let me pick it as an option) i need help
    That's why we always back up our interface and wtf folders <3
    My wowinterface ui is quite out of date, however, downloading it and updating the addons shouldn't leave you with too many broken elements other than the buffs and debuffs. Unfortunately, satrina buff frames hasn't been updated in quite a while afaik.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Ishtara by any chance are you going to update your ui over on wowi? with the one you have here..
    would love to get your ui working again
    Uhmmmm, I dunno, maybe

I haven't played WoW in a long time, so I have a lot of UI's I need to start checking out! Anyway, this is my current work in progress. Can I get some opinions on it? I am thinking of not making Recount and the Chat Panel opaque.

Would love some feedback on how to improve my UI.

In Combat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7leAYpFTv8

Quote Originally Posted by Reclusion View Post
    Looking very nice! Would love to see it in action
    Will see what I can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Looks great, any chance of uploading?
    And what is that font?

Thanks.
    Font is Visitor TT2.

I'll see what I can do about it.

Edit: Thanks to you both!
    Last edited by Malcanthet; 2013-05-01 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post

Would love some feedback on how to improve my UI.

In Combat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7leAYpFTv8
    I would recommend getting something like CleanIcons to skin the WeakAura (I assume they are) icons for a better fit. Also maybe scale raidframes down abit, and go with class colored names and a static color for the bars, but If you are a raid-leader or anything I can easily understand why you would have them they way you do atm
    Otherwise its really nice and looks to be very efficient

The Patient
    Mish, what's the raid frames/party frames addon you're using? I remember using it in the past but it's been so long since I had it I can't recall the name.

** WoW (Aggramar - The Committed) **
    Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    Mish, what's the raid frames/party frames addon you're using? I remember using it in the past but it's been so long since I had it I can't recall the name.
    It looks like vuhdo

The Patient
    Thanks Joyful - looking for a slightly bigger party/raid frames addon that Stuf but not one that causes my screen to become "busy" per say.

** WoW (Aggramar - The Committed) **
    Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Like it. It feel very... Ishtara:ish. Though the aura bars seems a bit out of place even though they aren't.

Tell me what you think.
    It's a quite busy shot. Could have been better. I'm thinking of getting rid of the raid frames. There is no need for them when tanking.
    Hey would you mind sharing which nameplates you are using and what unitframes these are?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    *snip*

I just don't think the WeakAuras are in a good spot for some reason though =/. I'm horrible at placing these things, any suggestions about em? BTW, string of debuffs in the middle of the screen are in a dynamic group, only 1 is shown at a time.
    How do you show both stacks and time on your WA icons?

Quote Originally Posted by sally View Post
    How do you show both stacks and time on your WA icons?
    tick cooldown

tidy plates
    plate buffs
    sArena
    class portraits
    unit frames improved
    interrupt bar
    MSBT
    and quartz because i ran out of macro space to script my cast bar bigger =O

my UI used to be a clusterfuck of addons and boxes all the way across the bottom of my screen. i can see the game now, much better this way.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-05-01 at 07:11 PM.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Epic!
    Here's a raid shot for you all after some minor tweaks.

higher quality

PS anybody know how to hide the difficulty banner on the minimap? My code isn't working anymore.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

I've heard of people making "Pixel Perfect" UI's. Is there something to that? My resolution is 1920x1200

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I've heard of people making "Pixel Perfect" UI's. Is there something to that? My resolution is 1920x1200
    Not much to it. Just make sure your UI Scale is set to 768 / Screen Height (in your case, 768 / 1200 = 0.64, which is also the bottom of the UI Scale slider in System options) and you're now pixel perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Here's a raid shot for you all after some minor tweaks.

higher quality

PS anybody know how to hide the difficulty banner on the minimap? My code isn't working anymore.
    Haven't really followed this thread much but damn..Care when were you back? I thought you sold your account cause of pandas being a new race...lol . Welcome back anyway.

On the previous page are you still using Headline as your nameplates? Think that was the name of it.

The only thing I can see on your ui you could consider changing is hiding the dps role icons on your raid frames maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    There are two approaches, one is via coding in the addon to handle that.

The second is setting your UI scale so 1 pixel actually equals 1 unit in the UI positioning.
    That would need to be per-addon and so not a practical solution for most of us.

The first can be achieved via a macro, but this will likely reposition/resize many UI/addon elements and the frames such as character, spellbook etc may be smaller.

Code:
    /run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
    Though something set to a size of x-pixels should then appear exactly that.
    Also set your multi-sampling to 1x in the video options, because that also affects your UI.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-02 at 03:14 AM.

I don't see why there's a need for a macro - all I had to do was disable the UI scale option and it automatically scaled the UI to what it's supposed to be in my resolution. Then there's multisampling - the way I see it, the UI is nothing more but an OVERLAY over the game graphics, and multisampling can only affects the game's graphics. It's not like FXAA that blurs everything, including the UI. At least it doesn't affect my UI at all. (Always have it on 8x and I've got pixel perfection.)
    ASUS Sabertooth z77 - ASUS GTX 670 DCII SLI - i5 3570k @ 4,5ghz with Corsair H100i